Homebrew Question Request tinfoil 0.2.1 patched for latest firmware

garco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I changed buffer to 8MB and made the changes to replace GetCNMTNCAInfo with CreateNSPCNMTContentRecord.

https://github.com/uyjulian/Tinfoil/releases/download/v0.2.1-thinfoil1/Tinfoil.nro

Differences from upstream:

USB install only; all other features stripped
Toggle between internal memory and TF card with X
Toggle between enforcing and ignoring required firmware version with Y
All files sent are installed; there is no menu selection for files to be installed
Threading is removed
USB packet padding is added for the drivers that require it to function properly

Great work, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add the Network Installation in next release, I use that function sometimes. Thanks!

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t fork per se, it’s in sync with adubbz master repo. Adubbz has never posted binaries, so i’m compiling and posting them on my fork repo.

I can't compile from your (or Adubbz) repo for some reason, any advice?

og_tinfoil/source/mode/reset_required_version.cpp:69:9: note: in expansion of macro 'ASSERT_OK'
ASSERT_OK(nsPushLaunchVersion(0, optionValue->titleId), "Failed to reset required version");
^~~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/base_rules:14: reset_required_version.o] Error 1

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't compile from your (or Adubbz) repo for some reason, any advice?

og_tinfoil/source/mode/reset_required_version.cpp:69:9: note: in expansion of macro 'ASSERT_OK'
ASSERT_OK(nsPushLaunchVersion(0, optionValue->titleId), "Failed to reset required version");
^~~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/base_rules:14: reset_required_version.o] Error 1

It is being fixed, I accidently removed that IPC because it is present in my libnx fork, but not present in libnx master. It will be fixed soon, but you can readd that IPC by undoing these two changes:

https://github.com/Adubbz/Tinfoil/c...02f#diff-30db3211ce4182f38dfd72b1c5fdfa94L298
https://github.com/Adubbz/Tinfoil/c...c02f#diff-ee4e5852a4ef933dc05eaac059647244L26

Reactions: UnT7oh

kindofblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi guys,

I noticed that, unlike DevMenu, when installing an update this installer does not delete a previous version (of the update) if present. Is this behaviour intended? I ignore how this is handled by Horizon and I always use DevMenu to delete the old version of the update afterwards.

Is it possible/desirable to include this functionality so the installer deletes an old update before installing the new one?

Cheers!

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why so many of these work perfectly for the base game, but fail on updates and dlc?

I can setup a batch install for 150gb on base games that will run perfectly, but throw in a single dlc or update and it is a toss up on a system crash.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why so many of these work perfectly for the base game, but fail on updates and dlc?

I can setup a batch install for 150gb on base games that will run perfectly, but throw in a single dlc or update and it is a toss up on a system crash.

the issue is being worked on, 9.0.0 forced me to update libnx / dkp to the latest versions which are buggy and cause crashes.

Reactions: GnK23

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the issue is being worked on, 9.0.0 forced me to update libnx / dkp to the latest versions which are buggy and cause crashes.

I've had this issue since 8.x as well. Seems to crash when installing via usb, but usually works fine if loaded from sd.

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar I tried your latest commit but even with lock threads the dlc and update crash tinfoil

I noticed that most updates with tickets continue to install while those without ticket crash.

Last edited by GnK23,

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Im a bit lost , what version of tinfoil works with 9.0 when they disable the support for non recompiled homebres , supports usb install and has good speed ?

Last edited by masterzero,

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The "original" works well but if you notice, there are some glitch in text when install something. It works beacuse Atmosphere now provides a temporary hid-mitm that will cause homebrew to continue to work as expected, but it will be necessary to update the homebrew to the new libraries when the Atmos support will be not available

But is its use reliable for now?

I have preference with that version of tinfoil, its transfer speed is fast compared to others.

9.0.1-Atmosphere(Kosmos) 0.9.4

Last edited by skins20,

BoersenBoy89

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everybody. Thanks for upgrading the old version of tinfoil. Its the best way to install via usb.

But i have a problem with that. I can install all games, but if i want to install any updates for installed games, it tells me that the nca maybe already exists.

Do anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

BoersenBoy89

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Picture of this:

Attachments

• Nca already exist.jpg
    Nca already exist.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by BoersenBoy89,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol