Homebrew Question Request tinfoil 0.2.1 patched for latest firmware

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a stripped down version of Tinfoil here: https://github.com/uyjulian/Tinfoil (thinfoil branch)

Be sure that each of the forks of Tinfoil require their specific version of "usb_install_pc.py" since the buffer sizes and command sets change.
any idea how to fix this error during compile?
error: 'gfxInitDefault' was not declared in this scope
gfxInitDefault();

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong branch. Try "git checkout origin/thinfoil"
Thanks but a new error
Tinfoil-thinfoil/source/nx/fs.cpp:23:67: error: too few arguments to function 'Result fsFileRead(FsFile*, u64, void*, size_t, u32, size_t*)'
ASSERT_OK(fsFileRead(&m_file, offset, buf, size, &sizeRead), "Failed to read file");

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but a new error
Tinfoil-thinfoil/source/nx/fs.cpp:23:67: error: too few arguments to function 'Result fsFileRead(FsFile*, u64, void*, size_t, u32, size_t*)'
ASSERT_OK(fsFileRead(&m_file, offset, buf, size, &sizeRead), "Failed to read file");
... yeah, that's an issue on my side. It's been fixed.

Last edited by uyjulian,

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks but a new error
Change the line to
ASSERT_OK(fsFileRead(&m_file, offset, buf, size, FS_READOPTION_NONE, &sizeRead), "Failed to read file");

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TotalJustice I tested your build and it's working. No information however was shown on the switch screen of the installtion progress.. Just hangs on the destinaton selection until it is finished. The build was able to install nsp.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Internal memory or TF card?
Both. I'm not really sure because I tried it twice. The second time I pressed X to change the destination but still same speed. By the way is there a way to know which destination is chosen?

Last edited by GnK23,
Reactions: TotalJustice

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@TotalJustice I tested your build and it's working. No information however was shown on the switch screen of the installtion progress.. Just hangs on the destinaton selection until it is finished. The build was able to install nsp.
Yeah I noticed when I browsed the commit that it was missing a consoleUpdate command during install. Was that deliberate, is that what stops it from breaking? Or is there another change I didn't spot?

Reactions: TotalJustice

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's already been suggested, thanks... I'll try the latest build again sometime, but I've always had problems with past builds I've tried, whereas the build of real tinfoil I've been using has worked flawlessly since its release.
Which one have you been using?

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I noticed when I browsed the commit that it was missing a consoleUpdate command during install. Was that deliberate, is that what stops it from breaking? Or is there another change I didn't spot?
Perhaps the key to a stable tinfoil 0.2.1 is the buffer or speed of transfer. Fastest transfer I saw before was 36mbps maybe if we could somehow force it to stay on 20-25mbps then it will be stable. Still relatively faster than goldleaf's 16mbs. I also notice that all the builds crash if there is DLC in the que

@uyjulian @hippy dave @TotalJustice @8BitWonder

Last edited by GnK23,

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good find! I was sure that I added all consoleUpdates that needed to be there, well looks like missed one haha.

Thank you for letting me know, I’ll add it in a few mins.

Reactions: hippy dave

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, I just updated to atmo 0.9.4 (clean) and then to firmware 9.0.0, but Tinfoil 0.2.1 (USB fix) still works for me. Am I doing something wrong/right? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi