Homebrew [Request] super mario maker 3ds

boringbones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THERES ONE FOR SMILEBASIC!?
THE ONE IN THE VIDEO WAS FOR SMILEBASIC (CALLED PTC III IN JAPAN). IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET, BUT YES, THERE IS.
Now why are we talking in caps? There is no need for that, sir.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah! Theres 2 SmileBASIC versions.

I have the one where i had to copy the mario textures and draw them using the mario sprites as refrence. You can see how i did on my Miiverse page!
I saw the thing on your Miiverse, can you upload it here? (not a key, but just the SmileBASIC files to copy over with that SmileBASIC manager HB)

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The bigger problem is injecting the levels into the game.
This is possible through Hans, but creating the map file format is props a pain.
I'm interested, and willing to make the application to create the levels, But not the code to see it into a map file.

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah! Theres 2 SmileBASIC versions.

I have the one where i had to copy the mario textures and draw them using the mario sprites as refrence. You can see how i did on my Miiverse page!
Hey, can you please PM me to download it or post it here? I really want to play it.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The bigger problem is injecting the levels into the game.
This is possible through Hans, but creating the map file format is props a pain.
I'm interested, and willing to make the application to create the levels, But not the code to see it into a map file.
That would be awesome man, just create it! :) As for injecting the map, I am sure, someone will definitely find a way to inject them or a player through which we can play the created files. So, will ya make it please? It would be really nice to create levels on the 3ds. :D

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That would be awesome man, just create it! :) As for injecting the map, I am sure, someone will definitely find a way to inject them or a player through which we can play the created files. So, will ya make it please? It would be really nice to create levels on the 3ds. :D
Creating the file isn't the problem but i don't know the file format, and it woulf be just so much work. But i'll work on the map creating software with a look on extendability in case i forget any sprites and a config files to map the link between dprites and their id/data.
If someone would poiny me to a nice example fo the file format, and a hans example where you replace a map, then i might do it aswell

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Creating the file isn't the problem but i don't know the file format, and it woulf be just so much work. But i'll work on the map creating software with a look on extendability in case i forget any sprites and a config files to map the link between dprites and their id/data.
If someone would poiny me to a nice example fo the file format, and a hans example where you replace a map, then i might do it aswell
Which programming language are you planning on using? As for the example and a base, you might consider this:- http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_Maker_PTC

It is well written and also links the creative world with the playable world, kinda like HANS..
Also, I guess we can use Super Mario World and replace maps in it, if the above doesn't help..?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Which programming language are you planning on using? As for the example and a base, you might consider this:- http://petitcomputer.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_Maker_PTC

It is well written and also links the creative world with the playable world, kinda like HANS..
Also, I guess we can use Super Mario World and replace maps in it, if the above doesn't help..?
C++
I've written a library which handles drag and drop and gui very easily so i'm gonna use that prolly

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
C++
I've written a library which handles drag and drop and gui very easily so i'm gonna use that prolly
Okay cool! :) , so will ya start working with the project? :)
Also, as for the file format, I searched a bit and found that Super Mario World custom levels comes with ".mwl" file extension, so, I guess that will be a good file type? Also, it is "patched" into the game by this:- http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lm/ (it is okay to link this, right?) which is a sort of level editor for Super Mario World on PC.. so yeah, you can take ideas from that too!

Last edited by KJ1,

Mr Mario Mario

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on creating it for NSMB2 and basing it on the same software used in that thread
What I would do is make the levels and load them through LayeredFS, as for HANS you need to rebuild the romfs every time. With LayeredFS you can just load the romfs from a folder, like SD:/NSMB2/. So the HB could save them there and then we could run NSMB2 with NTR and LayeredFS.

I made this account just to tell you this, as I really like the idea

Last edited by Mr Mario Mario,

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What I would do is make the levels and load them through LayeredFS, as for HANS you need to rebuild the romfs every time. With LayeredFS you can just load the levels from a folder, like SD:/NSMB2/. So the HB could save them there and then we could run NSMB2 with NTR and LayeredFS.

I made this account just to tell you this, as I really like the idea
Really? That's awesome! :) Then that will settle the loading I guess @Tjessx ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P