Hacking [Request] Robotics Notes PC to Vita Asset Swap

hachi-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just managed to get it working. From now on I'll be at least working on inserting the translated text into the scripts; as for translated images, I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say for sure if I'll be able to... but I'll see.
If anyone wants more info or wants to try helping, feel free to add me on Discord (hachi#4156)

Actually, I've encountered a problem already. The text can be translated; this part's easy. But the images are a problem now. There are many important images that need the translated versions applied. In bg.cpk of the Vita version, it's just a bunch of .bin files. Whereas in the English release of Robotics;Notes on PC, it's a bunch of .png images.

Last edited by hachi-,

hachi-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I got lucky today, looks like the project is coming to reality.
Yeah, nobody should have to settle for the official translation, so I'm using CoZ's patch scripts, along with their translated BG/CGs. It'll still take a bit because it's not really a copy-paste job, and due to the different fonts I've gotta fix some things in the scripts so that they don't look too bad.
The guy who made the Steins;Gate MDE patch helped me out with how to patch the images, now the videos are the only thing I'm not completely sure about, though I think I've got an idea of who to ask about them.

And now, ending off the day with progress...
I've done about 30% of Chapter 1. Around 3.7% of the total main scripts. So yeah, this is gonna take a bit of time.

Last edited by hachi-,

ShinMegami

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Have bought it on the PS4, but never played it, because I love VNs on the Vita and want to play it there.
Guys and girls, you would be gods for me, if you translated the japanese version!

hachi-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure do wish I'd be able to work on the PS4 version too, but damn, I don't really feel like buying another one to get CFW. Even with the translation it has, it could be heavily improved for sure by adding the Committee of Zero's improved scripts

HixtyGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
So yeah, this is gonna take a bit of time.

Actually I've done all chapters already plus geotags
I wanted to message you on Discord, but you just offline for the last 2-3 days. Sent you a friend request there, so I could share my work with you.

Last edited by HixtyGamer,

ThatGoodOtakuGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Seems I got lucky today, looks like the project is coming to reality.
Yeah, nobody should have to settle for the official translation, so I'm using CoZ's patch scripts, along with their translated BG/CGs. It'll still take a bit because it's not really a copy-paste job, and due to the different fonts I've gotta fix some things in the scripts so that they don't look too bad.
The guy who made the Steins;Gate MDE patch helped me out with how to patch the images, now the videos are the only thing I'm not completely sure about, though I think I've got an idea of who to ask about them.

And now, ending off the day with progress...
I've done about 30% of Chapter 1. Around 3.7% of the total main scripts. So yeah, this is gonna take a bit of time.

OMG!!! Progress!!! The so elusive progress finally appeared thank you thank you so much!

hachi-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress is coming together well. Still gonna have to do some testing once I'm done just to make sure everything's actually ready, but as a guy above stated they've sent all of the main scripts to me. They've been a great help even past that too; helping port a lot of the translated movies, and helping get the font used in the Committee of Zero's patch working. (A bit smaller, but it looks better and has some accented characters that the font doesn't originally have.)
Thanks to the guy who made the Steins;Gate Darling translation port, I'm able to translate the images, I'm currently finishing up most of the main ones today. Also working on the TIPS, some of which I had to shorten or else the game would freak out, instead of stopping some partway through due to that I instead opted to cut a bit of the less important text from the longer tips.
Gonna get to work on UI images and text soon too.

chinseng85

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I just started to work on R;NE, and was informed by someone, you are working on it. I have the scripts translate, exclude _mail.scr and _twipo.scr. But I guess you already have all the scripts translated. Let me know if you need my help to translate the images or videos.

Reactions: PortableGuy

HixtyGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi, I just started to work on R;NE, and was informed by someone, you are working on it. I have the scripts translate, exclude _mail.scr and _twipo.scr. But I guess you already have all the scripts translated. Let me know if you need my help to translate the images or videos.
Videos are translated already
Actually, I didn't hear anything from hachi for the last 1,5 month, so I don't know if he working on the translation or not
I think, we can continue without hachi if he doesn't show up in this thread

Last edited by HixtyGamer,

Shizuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wish all the best to this project and you guys. I check the thread every week to see if there's any update, I'm dying to replay the game on my Vita.

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Videos are translated already
Actually, I didn't hear anything from hachi for the last 1,5 month, so I don't know if he working on the translation or not
I think, we can continue without hachi if he doesn't show up in this thread
Hachi made pretty good progress from what I (briefly) saw, but he hasn't been around for a while now, and now I saw he has even deleted his Discord account. Has anyone else been in contact with him?

Last edited by Spazzery,
Reactions: Foxzy

Shizuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guess the OP isn't coming back. Is anyone else able to do this? I'm dying to play this game again, but on my Vita this time.

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia

Spazzery Says that he would be willing to make an English Patch for Robotics;Notes but he has to finish the game first to avoid spoilers​

Yeah basically, but I currently have no plans to do it. I would love to play this for the first time on my Vita as well, so if anyone wants to make this patch, I can assist with images (I have a tool for it) and some text formatting.

Deleted member 577889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, I'm hoping this will be completed at some point... Also I know it's random but is there any possibility of Chaos Head Noah and Tokyo Ghoul Jail being translated? I know CH is being worked on, did they ditch the Vita version in favor of PC?
I'd be very happy if the TG game was translated. The mangaka who wrote the manga showed the script and it seemed very story-heavy, I'd love to play it :moogle::moogle:

PortableGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Aw, I'm hoping this will be completed at some point... Also I know it's random but is there any possibility of Chaos Head Noah and Tokyo Ghoul Jail being translated? I know CH is being worked on, did they ditch the Vita version in favor of PC?
I'd be very happy if the TG game was translated. The mangaka who wrote the manga showed the script and it seemed very story-heavy, I'd love to play it :moogle::moogle:
At the very least, Committee of Zero are working on translating Chaos;Head Noah and porting it to PC, but they haven’t mentioned a Vita version specifically.

Honestly, as far as VNs are concerned, I’d say Robotic Notes is probably the biggest translation “missing” right now, since both versions of Yu-No have been taken care of (thanks, Spazzery!)

In an ideal world, someone would tackle the Vita versions of Higurashi or Fate Stay Night but they can already be played through dedicated apps so diminishing returns and all that, so I guess the only ones left I’d love to finally play are probably the Eve games.

badspot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There's really no point in patching or playing consoles versions of Higurashi. They're vastly inferior to PC version due to massive amount of censorship. Best way to play Higurashi is to read it on PC with 07th Mod because they restored unused voices from PlayStation 2 version of the game so the censorship itself isn't that bad. As for F/SN and it's fan disc F/HA, I'd love to see English patches for that.

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Update:

Wanted to let you guys know that @HixtyGamer and I have teamed up, and we're now continuing work on the Robotics;Notes Elite English patch. With Hachi unexpectedly gone for a few months now, some progress was lost, so we have to re-do work on those parts. Other than that, Hixty has a lot translated already, so hopefully this won't take too long :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also a food allergy study would be a good idea