The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've mentioned this numerous times in this thread but the quick catch code works on all ghosts (I don't know about boos) catching them as soon as you begin to suck them in. For Portrait ghosts, if you use quick catch they do not give any pearls... and the requirement for getting a gold frame on a portrait ghost is taking 90% of their health in a single suction causing them to drop a big pearl. If they don't drop the big pearl and you don't collect it you get no gold frame. Using the quick catch on a portrait ghost guarantees you will get a bronze frame. However it does catch bosses instantly... and since you can't go under 90HP to get a gold frame for a boss, the quick catch code is super helpful.

Sc0tline

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you need anything, I have completed the game with all platinum portraits. Don't know how this codes works so don't know if I can help with any info
I'm still at the beginning of the game at the moment so yeah a completed save should help me a lot

PKMWM1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to use the quick catch code to get a gold portrait in the portrait battles in the gallery? Since they don't drop pearls, it may be worth a shot. However, the quick catch code didn't work for me in either the portrait battles in the Gallery nor the final boss of the main game.

Gomyde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There you go. All platinum portraits, normal and hidden mansions complete. Missing only a few achievements.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw, everything in the plugin is working fine in the normal mansion, but in hidden mansion only infinite HP works. Thanks a lot for the effort on making this!

Attachments

• LuigiSave.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 290
Reactions: Sc0tline

aruna

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hmm i might wear spectacles but i dont see anything related to luigi mansion 1 code on 1st three page?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hmm i might wear spectacles but i dont see anything related to luigi mansion 1 code on 1st three page?
It's in this post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-luigis-mansion-1-cheat-plugin.520650/page-2#post-8333425

And I agree too, @Master Dimentio would you add the plugin posted in that reply to the OP?
Perhaps even give @Sc0tline editing permission to the OP so he can update the plugin if he adds more cheats.
Also, to any mod seeing this, if you guys can do so before OP, that'd be nice.
A title change from [Request] to [Release] would be nice too :P

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's very tempting for me to just use the save for the sake of knowing I don't have to drive myself crazy trying to get gold ranks on every portrait boss, but it's one of those things I still want to do for myself.

However if you would be so kind as to not spoil it for everyone else, can you PM me with the tiers with the achievement requirements included? I'm curious as to what this game would possibly ask me to do to get the trophy. @Gomyde

Reactions: Gomyde

Gomyde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's very tempting for me to just use the save for the sake of knowing I don't have to drive myself crazy trying to get gold ranks on every portrait boss, but it's one of those things I still want to do for myself.

However if you would be so kind as to not spoil it for everyone else, can you PM me with the tiers with the achievement requirements included? I'm curious as to what this game would possibly ask me to do to get the trophy. @Gomyde
PM sent :D

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Sc0tline? Any chance that you could post the codes you have, separate from the plugin? I'm using Nanquitas ActionReplay plugin thing for this game, and your plugin isn't working for me on that front.

Sc0tline

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, Sc0tline? Any chance that you could post the codes you have, separate from the plugin? I'm using Nanquitas ActionReplay plugin thing for this game, and your plugin isn't working for me on that front.
I'll not upload my codes for the moment, but if you use the Action Replay, maybe you are using the Luma Plugin Loader, I made a build for that so you can use the plugin

I added some new codes, Element and Map stuff, I also fixed Items codes, they should now work everywhere :) (and again I changed the amount of money to a smaller one, don't know if it will fix the issue, but you can always choose your amount of coins, bills, gold bars with the "Increase" codes)

Attachments

• [NTR]LuigisMansion.7z
    227.9 KB · Views: 389
  • [Luma PL]LuigisMansion.7z
    148.3 KB · Views: 377

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll not upload my codes for the moment, but if you use the Action Replay, maybe you are using the Luma Plugin Loader, I made a build for that so you can use the plugin

I added some new codes, Element and Map stuff, I also fixed Items codes, they should now work everywhere :) (and again I changed the amount of money to a smaller one, don't know if it will fix the issue, but you can always choose your amount of coins, bills, gold bars with the "Increase" codes)
Awesome :D
The Luma one will come in handy, I'll check out the new codes too!
Also, just as a slight suggestion, I'd like to ask if it's possible to make some sort of 2x speed (or any increased amount) for sucking up ghost faster than intended.

That would help a lot with the portrait ghosts and the pearls they drop.

Sc0tline

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awesome :D
The Luma one will come in handy, I'll check out the new codes too!
Also, just as a slight suggestion, I'd like to ask if it's possible to make some sort of 2x speed (or any increased amount) for sucking up ghost faster than intended.

That would help a lot with the portrait ghosts and the pearls they drop.
I'm trying to do that but I think the float used by the game never change so it's harder for me to find it :unsure:

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to do that but I think the float used by the game never change so it's harder for me to find it :unsure:
Oh I didn't know you were already trying to do that :P
I am not sure yet if the Hidden Mansion unlockable in the 3DS version also adds the 1.5x faster suction, but perhaps looking for differences between Normal and Hidden mansion could help with that.
Another thing would be when sucking up the ghosts, to try to keep an eye out for when the ghost's life goes down slowly compared to when you properly suck it up and ends up draining the life faster.

Those two could be two ways to hopefully find the addresses required for such a cheat code.
I might be just rambling non-sense, but I hope it helps, that's the one cheat code I'm looking out for. :P
Good luck, and thanks for the reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...