The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So as we all know the Luigi's Mansion remake was released in North America today. I've personally have already beaten the game. That being said, I thought I would open the door to the possibility of a cheat plugin being made for this game. As far as what I'm looking for... anything helpful will do especially if it makes getting all the gold frames for the portrait ghosts/ bosses easier. Luigi's Mansion isn't really a long game so people pretty soon are gonna be looking for ways to spice up repeat playthroughs. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: 100% Save and latest Cheat Plugin that was provided in this thread is now a part of this post for your convenience.

List of cheats available in the cheat plugin:
Movement
-Speed modifier (x1.5/x2/x2.5/x3)(Warning: Ghosts also move faster when these codes are used)
-Walk through walls
-Walk through PNJ (I don't know what PNJ is suppose to stand for)
-Coordinate Modifier (Hold in A to freeze yourself and all ghosts. Perfect for catching Portrait ghosts and Boos.)

Battle
-Instant ghost catch (Warning: Portrait Ghosts will not drop pearls resulting in you only getting a bronze frame for said ghost)
-Infinite Health (You still take hits but don't lose damage)

Elements
Type Modifier
-None
-Fire
-Water
-Ice

-Infinite Element usage

Items Modifier
-500 Gold Coins
-500 Bills
-500 Gold Bars
-20 Blue Sapphires
-20 Green Emeralds
-20 Red Rubies
-20 Silver Diamonds
-20 Red Diamonds
-200 Small Pearls
-150 Medium Pearls
-120 Big Pearls

Portrait Unlocks
-All Bronze Frames
-All Silver Frames
-All Gold Frames
-All Platinum Frames

Map Modifier
-E Gadd's Laboratory
-The Mansion
-Training Room
-The Gallery (1)
-The Gallery (2)
-Boss King Boo
-Boss Chauncey
-Boss Boolossus
-Boss Bogmire
-Ending

Misc
-Hidden Mansion Mode

List of suggested codes for the cheat plugin:
-Low time in Portrait battles

Any further suggestions or any new code ideas I come up with will be added to the above list.

Before using any cheat codes or importing any saves into your game, I'd advise you'd back up your save data just in case something goes wrong and you mess up your save.

Attachments

• LuigisMansion100.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,178
  • [LumaPL]LuigisMansion.7z
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,462
  • [NTR]LuigisMansion.7z
    229.5 KB · Views: 1,560
Last edited by Master Dimentio,

PhantomChu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second a request for a cheat plugin for the Luigi's Mansion remake. I think it would be really fun to mess around with, I might take a crack at it but I am usually no good with kind of stuff. So, if there are any Cheat aficionados your services would be greatly appreciated!

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Having invincibility would be helpful as you'd never go below 90HP against bosses getting their gold frame. Having quick kills might keep you from getting pearls but theoretically it should count as sucking away 100% of the Portrait Ghost health in one suction getting you a gold frame. Invincibility could even possibly work in such a way that you won't get hit by anything midsuction on a Portrait ghost leading you to sucking away all of their HP in one go.

Also I'm hoping for a cheat that makes it so you don't have to rescan the same 4 amiibos every time you quit the game. It would be a big time saver.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
EDIT:
I am currently testing this and have noticed that there might be a discrepancy between NG and NG+, I tried the plugin on my second 3DS and noticed Infinite health is not working when starting a brand new game. Sorry for the inconvenience but if you are at the Hidden Mansion it should work.

So I was messing around with the action replay function on a blank NTR plugin and was able to find the offset for the health of Luigi.
So I created a plugin with just "Free Cheats" in the settings menu, it includes (so far):
  • Infinite Health (damage animation plays and you lose coins but health will not go below 100, it flashes to 90 but will instantly go back to 100)
  • 9,999x Coins (does nothing but display 9,999 in the currency menu on the touch screen)
  • 9,999x Bills (does nothing but display 9,999 in the currency menu on the touch screen)
  • 9,999x Gold Bricks (does nothing but display 9,999 in the currency menu on the touch screen)
  • Max Money (in order for this to take effect you must turn on all three "MAX MONEY" options, this actually does write to the file, if you save, as having 999,999,999G a bonus side effect is that if you get hit and collect your coins it will count for the Mega Rich! achievement on the hard category)
I will continue to work on this (until something better inevitably comes around) and look into your other suggestions. This is my first plugin so if it doesn't go smoothly let me know and I will try to fix it. I would recommend backing up your saves in case something goes awry.

CREDIT: Nanquitas - for providing the ActionReplay blank NTR plugin
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrpluginframework-blank-plugin-now-with-action-replay.487729/

I also have problems with the codes that I create with the help of NTR

Infinite Health not working, but I have turned on the game several times and the code does not change. Actually I´m are in Normal Mode, I have not yet defeated King Boo, he is the only one of the ghosts that I lack.

Reactions: PhantomChu

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will give it a try. Also, thank you for the detail read me inside the zip. Helps me a lot :-) I will report shortly if it worked out.

Honestly.. the game isnt hard anyways but i like to use cheats to mess about.

edit: just tried, everything is enabled but not one cheat works for me. I have a old 2ds.

Last edited by omega59,

PhantomChu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: just tried, everything is enabled but not one cheat works for me. I have a old 2ds.
Sorry about that, when I first did this I wasn't aware that the game had two different address locations for the money and health values. I created a second version of the plugin that should work in the normal mansion (not the NG+ mansion). Sorry for the confusion/inconvenience. Thanks for giving it a try!

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This will be helpful in making sure that I can in either mansion with the best possible rank at the end as well as make sure that I get a gold frame for all the bosses. Some codes worth looking into is stuff like low time on Ghost rematches in the gallery, and some sort of code to make catching portrait ghosts super easy. If a quick catch code is used where you instantly suck said ghosts health down to 0, I would imagine you would still get a gold frame for sucking 90% of it's health in one suction but lose out on all the pearls.... which in a game about collecting money is well... costly LOL. Or perhaps there's a way to make a code where once Luigi's starts to suction on of the Portrait Ghosts, he is immune to having the suction broken by any hazard making sure he can suck the ghost down to 0 hp in one go getting all the pearls with it.

All and all, good work all the same. It's the first step to having that one definitive cheat plugin for this game.

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Using it right now, includes:
Movement
-Walk through walls
Battle
-Easy Ghost Catch
-Infinite Health
Items
-Max of all currencies separated individually

Assuming these codes work of course, if this plugin could be combined with your plugin that has invincibility, we may have something really good here.

Oh by the way, to anyone who knows this game pretty well, if you instantly catch each of the portrait ghosts and don't get any of the pearls, is there STILL enough money to be found in the mansion to get A Rank without using a max money code?

What I want to know is if the quick catch code is confirmed to be working, and through using this code, you get the gold frame for the Portrait ghost at the end of the area. I should also ask if these codes are for the Mansion or Hidden mansion.

Good work none the less!

@Sc0tline @crypt1c

Edit: Wow I'm blind. I didn't realize Infinite health is already there.

Yatsuka

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I do not have much knowledge of the subject, but I would like to know if you can make a code to prevent boo from leaving a room, or replace the function of the amibo and tell me where it went to stop.

simalexander3009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made this quick plugin, I'm still at the beginning of the game so some codes will maybe not work depending of your progress in the game, if so the code will need to be fixed

For the max currency codes when I collect more currency the counter resets. What I mean is it goes from 0999 to 0000. When it should go to 0999 to 1000. I am saying this because I collected some bills and the counter reads 0075 when it should read 1075. Is this right or am I missing something here? Please let me know. By the way I am still at the beginning of the game in other words still at Area 1.

Last edited by simalexander3009,

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The Quick catch code, while it is idea for dealing with regular ghosts, if you have this code active and then instantly catching a Portrait ghost, because you did not get a big pearl out of it for sucking 90% of it's health in one suction, you will only get a bronze rank from portrait ghost. Also BE WARNED... if you set all the currency from the above plugin in to 999... when you reach the end of the area, it far exceeds the max amount of money and the game doesn't really like that causing it to indefinitely hang on the money result screen.

The Invincibility cheat works like a charm for bosses, however if we want to make getting gold frames for portrait ghosts, we need a cheat that 1. Can make Luigi immune to all damage when sucking in portrait ghost and possibly make it so the suction never gets broken from said ghost. or 2. Make it so the only thing Portrait ghosts drop is a Big Pearl hoping that fixes the issue.

Alternatively a code that makes it impossible to get anything other than a gold frame for portrait ghosts and bosses would probably be much easier but might be harder to set up.

Reactions: Sc0tline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over