Homebrew request ds rom dumper for 3ds

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so if you don't have a dslite or ds fat you can't dump ds games there is unused code in uncart to do this but i have no idea how to use that code

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want to dump your NDS rom when pretty much every cart has been dumped and posted to rom download sites?
I can see why you would want to dump 3DS roms, but dumping NDS roms seems pretty redundant. May I ask why you want to dump your rom?
because its better to legaly back it up if its a game that i have

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It may be possible to use WoodDumper if it can be fixed to work in DSi Enhanced mode since card init will work correctly (so long as the slot isn't in NTR mode. That will depend on the access control settings given to it) But source for latest version isn't available. There's source for like r30ish I think, but that's really old.

Obviously this is the wifi version I'm talking about. MAYBE the slot2 version could be usable if one manages to get that to access SD in DSi mode. That too would need to be fixed/recompiled to work in DSi mode.

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, if you own the game then downloading it won't be illegal ;)
That depends on what country you're in.

I also like to check my roms against the no-intro dat files. It's surprising how hard it can be to find ones that match. Dumping would be easier.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
depending on your internet speed it's more effecient to just download the rom. Also, if you own the game then downloading it won't be illegal ;)
That's a common myth, and untrue. You own a license to use the copy of the game that you have purchased. That does not give you the right to download a ROM of the game.
Also, under the DMCA, you aren't even legally allowed to make backups of your own games if it requires circumventing copy protection (though it is sort of a grey area and not really enforced)

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a common myth, and untrue. You own a license to use the copy of the game that you have purchased. That does not give you the right to download a ROM of the game.
Also, under the DMCA, you aren't even legally allowed to make backups of your own games if it requires circumventing copy protection (though it is sort of a grey area and not really enforced)
ds games don't have a copy protection though and its not like any one gives a fuck and when you buy a ds game you buy the rom since the datas on the card

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
no one gives a fuck on this site pretty much every one with cfw will pirate its just if you can dump your own games you should instead of downloading them

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so if you don't have a dslite or ds fat you can't dump ds games there is unused code in uncart to do this but i have no idea how to use that code
The NDS code in uncart was never finished it seems judging by https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-uncart-be-used-to-dump-nds-games.419757/ , so it wouldn't work anyway.
And there don't seem to be any other ways to dump NDS games on 3DS that actually work.
no one gives a fuck on this site pretty much every one with cfw will pirate its just if you can dump your own games you should instead of downloading them
That's true, who cares really :P

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: nxwing

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Look kid. People have recommended you that is simpler to just download the damn ROMs and that's either hard or impossible to dump them in your 3ds . why don't you listen to them for a change unlike in your other threads instead of saying random nonsense in response of legit responses? Just download them its not like it takes 10 seconds or the police will be at your door as soon as it's on your hard drive :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts