Homebrew [Request]Desmume on wii u?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi. if anyone is interested in porting desmume to wii u that would be cool.
the wii u is a hd console so that would make it possible to render games in hi-res
seriously the ds vc is unplayabe. so blurry and pixelated
i think there is a wii version right?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, this was years ago, yes they just dont want to make the switch seems bad, because I bet the wii u is better for emulating ds than the switch that currently has some bad drop fps in many games
The Switch has better hardware than the Wii U, thus it will be better for emulating DS than the Wii U would be.

Anyways, your best bet is to use the Wii U's official DS emulation.

Reactions: NightScript

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depending on the game, you can inject the game into the Wii U Virtual Console, it works well for most games ( https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection )

The GamePad is perfect for most DS games, it is a unique experience that unfortunately cannot be had with the Switch.
5LnX2VL.png

Reactions: SnakeEater

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch has better hardware than the Wii U, thus it will be better for emulating DS than the Wii U would be.

Anyways, your best bet is to use the Wii U's official DS emulation.

I guess the question becomes, what does one mean by "better" for emulation needs. Undeniably, the Wii U can much more faithfully recreate the 2 screen experience of the DS than the Switch. And thanks to DS VC titles and injects, we can play 100s of DS games on the Wii U flawlessly. Unfortunately, not every DS game can work on Wii U with injects (gen 5 pokemon games and Chinatown Wars are the big examples that I recall), but the vast majority of them work great. Now I know OP was asking years ago for a proper DS emulator and not just VC titles and injects, but if they do opt for VC and injects, the Wii U is nearly perfect for handling most DS games. Of course the Switch can probably emulate nearly every DS game without issue, but you lose the proper 2 screen experience in the process. So I guess it becomes about preference. If you ask me, even though the Wii U is less powerful, I would argue that it is the better of the 2 devices to emulate DS games on, even if some games don't work.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Moon164

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the question becomes, what does one mean by "better" for emulation needs. Undeniably, the Wii U can much more faithfully recreate the 2 screen experience of the DS than the Switch. And thanks to DS VC titles and injects, we can play 100s of DS games on the Wii U flawlessly. Unfortunately, not every DS game can work on Wii U with injects (gen 5 pokemon games and Chinatown Wars are the big examples that I recall), but the vast majority of them work great. Now I know OP was asking years ago for a proper DS emulator and not just VC titles and injects, but if they do opt for VC and injects, the Wii U is nearly perfect for handling most DS games. Of course the Switch can probably emulate nearly every DS game without issue, but you lose the proper 2 screen experience in the process. So I guess it becomes about preference. If you ask me, even though the Wii U is less powerful, I would argue that it is the better of the 2 devices to emulate DS games on, even if some games don't work.
Yeah, I speak purely in terms of perfomance, not neccesarily accuracy to the original DS experience or something. I'd have to imagine playing DS on Wii U is gonna be much more enjoyable than playing them on Switch would. Nevertheless, if you're that desperate for a DS experience, buying a DS or 2DS/3DS itself is probably more worth it, tbh.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I speak purely in terms of perfomance, not neccesarily accuracy to the original DS experience or something. I'd have to imagine playing DS on Wii U is gonna be much more enjoyable than playing them on Switch would. Nevertheless, if you're that desperate for a DS experience, buying a DS or 2DS/3DS itself is probably more worth it, tbh.

True, but I have a 3DS, and sometimes when I'm playing around on my Wii U I do want to play a DS game, but I'd prefer to play it on the big screen. In such situations, I'll then opt to play said games on my Wii U.

Reactions: Moon164 and CeeDee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-