ROM Hack [Request] Culdcept DS

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right-o, won't be able to help tonight, but i will be off tomorrow so I should be able to go through and help how i can. I'ts a shame none of these sites have the card flavor texts.. I'm working on getting a copy of culdcept (ps2), that should help with translating the flavor/scripts..

btw the wiki looks a lot better, much more user friendly now..

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Sasha77, you had some errors in translation.

i've edited some cards today.
i also locked Card_List page until i "translate" all common effects/abilities (since we do not have real translator anyway)

Sasha77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
theli said:
Sasha77, you had some errors in translation.

i've edited some cards today.
i also locked Card_List page until i "translate" all common effects/abilities (since we do not have real translator anyway)

Thanks for correcting the errors.
I can see that you have already translated many cards!
Now we can see how abilitites have to be translated, translation of the remaining cards will be much easier
smile.gif

Sasha77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I started to work on the menus translation. If someone could tell me if I make mistakes, it would help for the next ones

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Sasha77 said:
I started to work on the menus translation. If someone could tell me if I make mistakes, it would help for the next ones
?? - seems to be not "juju" but "symbol"
?? - seems to be no "Confuse" but "Edit"
please, do not edit when you are not 100% sure about translation

also, "Alliance" and "Explosion!" both do not fit into their length limits ( both - 7 bytes )

you can check this automatically with posted editor. (and also test ingame)

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm sorry i think i don´t can help you unless someone decompressed the data in arm9.bin or have you already done it ?
Anyone of the more experienced romhackers should take a look
wink.gif
!!

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
nIxx said:
Hmm sorry i think i don´t can help you unless someone decompressed the data in arm9.bin or have you already done it ?
Anyone of the more experienced romhackers should take a look
wink.gif
!!
you can, actually, decompress arm9 binary using crystaltile or posted here editor

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
btw, someone can help not translating - create a Main page with basic info on game and links to this thread and Card List and other soon to be posted pages

We should probably create a new thread with a good OP that summarizes your progress so far before linking, as the information in this thread is generally pretty scattered. Perhaps lock this thread and link to it. making a site seems like a good idea but a good OP would probably serve just as well.

I'm also extremely new to this romhacking thing, but once i figure out how to uncompress the arm9 i'll take a look at the offsets.. not that i am likely to figure out what to do with it
tongue.gif

worth it to learn though.

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
hehe... i had some inspiration and added script to replace some {XX} codes with actual icons
biggrin.gif
(one may need to force-refresh page.. also page may stuck for 2-3 seconds after loading)

Sasha77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very impressive Thely !

I know it is useless, but what about Cards Description ?
If people find it funny, they can translate some descriptions, and we don't care if it is not very close to the japanese.

Or do you prefer no translation of the descriptions, because it is additional and useless workload to redefine the offsets ?

Regarding Menu translation, I continue to translate what I can. I try to be more careful and not translate when I am not sure.
It would be great if someone having a good knowledge of culdcept DS would help !
I would prefere helping you on translation topics that do not require deep knowledge of Culdcept DS, so if you have any idea of where I can help, please tell me.

I have problems with your tool ; I have net framework 2.0, but my PC does not recognize japanese font . I mean it recognizes them on word or google, but not in your editor.

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Sasha77 said:
I know it is useless, but what about Cards Description ?
If people find it funny, they can translate some descriptions, and we don't care if it is not very close to the japanese.
I think we should leave them as they are for now. Until someone with Japanese knowledge wants to translate them. Or maybe someone can re-type descriptions from English versions.

Sasha77 said:
Or do you prefer no translation of the descriptions, because it is additional and useless workload to redefine the offsets ?
No, there is no additional workload

Sasha77 said:
Regarding Menu translation, I continue to translate what I can. I try to be more careful and not translate when I am not sure.
It would be great if someone having a good knowledge of culdcept DS would help !
I would prefere helping you on translation topics that do not require deep knowledge of Culdcept DS, so if you have any idea of where I can help, please tell me.

QUOTE(Sasha77 @ Mar 26 2009, 07:06 PM)
I have problems with your tool ; I have net framework 2.0, but my PC does not recognize japanese font . I mean it recognizes them on word or google, but not in your editor.
Do you have "Arial Unicode MS" font installed? because i hardcoded that font in that editor (because that was only font i had with Japanese characters)

Sasha77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When translating, the words 'SEPUTATAGU' (from google translation) is used a lot.
Who knows what it really means ?

Exemple:

セプタータグを削除します

google translation:
Remove SEPUTATAGU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1