Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

ShiftaDeband

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, if this is legit, I'd bet you can clear system and network time by following something like this:

- remove all saved network from the switch (or airplane mode but keep BT on?)
- remove back case, disconnect battery for a few moments
- reconnect, reassemble
- change time to July 11
- do direct motion (using joycon grip?)

Success?

Here's battery location: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Switch+Teardown/78263#s156314

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
CALLED IT!
2lL0t65.png

Maybe the motion is the like infamous like hand motion Satoru does?
nintendo-direct-satoru-iwata.jpg

D

Deleted User

Alright, if this is legit, I'd bet you can clear system and network time by following something like this:

- remove all saved network from the switch (or airplane mode but keep BT on?)
- remove back case, disconnect battery for a few moments
- reconnect, reassemble
- change time to July 11
- do direct motion (using joycon grip?)

Success?

Here's battery location: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Switch+Teardown/78263#s156314
lol no one in their right mind is gonna take apart their switch just to play nes golf

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm not at my switch right now but some of my testing around this centers around the idea that the Switch "listens" for the motion at a certain point. As in, it would call something like "checkForSecretGesture()" at some point, which would check for 1.5 seconds and then never check again until it's called again, which could explain why flailing the joycons around never seems to do anything.

Posted earlier in this thread, yellows8 described the technique as this: "The motion seems to be a reference to this. Hold the Joy-Cons pointing forwards/downwards, then move Joy-Cons to a vertical position, and hold it there for a bit. The Joy-Con grip can be used for this."

In my experiments, I noticed that if you put the joycons down, the switch eventually dims and idles. then when you pick them up, it undims based on the motion alone. It doesn't use any buttons. My latest theory (with no proof mind you!) is that during this resume time, it's scanning for the gesture.

So with that all said, could someone try from the home screen:
0. have date be 7/11
1, put the joycon grip down flat on the ground
2. wait for the switch goes idle and the menu to dim
3. pick it up such that you do the gesture described in the video and in the comment above

Of course, it's just a guess and I can try it myself later when I'm at my switch. But I thought I'd share because hype!!!

Also, I tried for a long time to "fake" the Internet time sync, but I believe it to be done over HTTPS, not over a standard like NTP. So that would be unfakeable (stemming from the fact that even an offline console somehow "knows" the true date when you turn on Internet sync, even when you poweroff with a fake date). So hopefully having Internet time sync on isn't a requirement for this.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
The date stuff means that you have to use the Network Sync option and unticking it to manually set the date/time will make it not function, it doesnt mean it still checks online in the background or anything. This MIGHT be possible to spoof using Fiddler Modify and Rewrite.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, I'm not at my switch right now but some of my testing around this centers around the idea that the Switch "listens" for the motion at a certain point. As in, it would call something like "checkForSecretGesture()" at some point, which would check for 1.5 seconds and then never check again until it's called again, which could explain why flailing the joycons around never seems to do anything.

Posted earlier in this thread, yellows8 described the technique as this: "The motion seems to be a reference to this. Hold the Joy-Cons pointing forwards/downwards, then move Joy-Cons to a vertical position, and hold it there for a bit. The Joy-Con grip can be used for this."

In my experiments, I noticed that if you put the joycons down, the switch eventually dims and idles. then when you pick them up, it undims based on the motion alone. It doesn't use any buttons. My latest theory (with no proof mind you!) is that during this resume time, it's scanning for the gesture.

So with that all said, could someone try from the home screen:
0. have date be 7/11
1, put the joycon grip down flat on the ground
2. wait for the switch goes idle and the menu to dim
3. pick it up such that you do the gesture described in the video and in the comment above

Of course, it's just a guess and I can try it myself later when I'm at my switch. But I thought I'd share because hype!!!

Also, I tried for a long time to "fake" the Internet time sync, but I believe it to be done over HTTPS, not over a standard like NTP. So that would be unfakeable (stemming from the fact that even an offline console somehow "knows" the true date when you turn on Internet sync, even when you poweroff with a fake date). So hopefully having Internet time sync on isn't a requirement for this.
https doesnt actually stop this, https isnt what you think, you can easilly spoof this aslong as Nintendo doesnt do pre-flight requests which I think it does :/

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch, this Easter Egg probably only works on the actual 7/11 date networked in like how some games would change based upon if it was Christmas and whatnot

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it. Here's footage:

Ok. I followed the steps from Switchbrew. My console is on 1.0.0 and has never been connected. I set the date as 07/11/2017, did the "Directly to you!" pose at the Home Menu, tried it a couple times and the screen faded to black, then the game booted. When I pressed ZL, japanese text popped up above the joycon icons. Tryed to play for a bit but couldn't understand the controls, motion controls did nothing.
Then I put the console to sleep. Upon waking up, I was at the Home Menu again. Couldn't reproduce it even after trying for a good 10 minutes.

Last edited by delta nite,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since