Request - Button remapping for n64 VC Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by GarrettDangerPla, Jun 15, 2012.

1. GarrettDangerPla
    OP

Newcomer GarrettDangerPla Newbie

Is it possible to do this with Gecko/Ocarina? Specifically, I want to swap the L and Z buttons because of the controller converter I have.

2. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Meh Wii64 plays most of the vc games perfectly so your best option is to use that.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    No need to post in larger text. We will read it. Ocarina is a no go, i dont know about Gecko.

Wii64 emulation is FAR from perfect, even for VC games. I mean they play, but its not perfect by any means.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

4. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Being able to complete a game without any issues is considered perfect to me. I'm not picky.
    Also if you use the USB 2.0 mod some games do improve in speed. (Personal experience)
    You can use a USB Gecko and incorporate it into ocarina cheats using GeckOS. But you would have to own a USB Gecko and know how to use it, if not you are stuck waiting on someone to do it for you.
    Wii64 is the best option unless the game you are trying to do this for doesn't handle well on Wii64. Majority of the games do though as I said.
    Get a the Rom of the game you are trying to play, try it out on Wii64 and report back.