Reprogramm Bios of Acer Aspire VN7 592G

DerEineee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!

I lately wanted to tinker around with my old Laptop and upgrade it with an eGpu but sadly I can't access advanced settings in the bios to make everything work.
Also there is no button combination to unlock advanced settings. So I read I few forum posts and came to the conclusion that I will need a SPI Programmer with a SOIC8 clip.
So I ordered it, but I don't really know what to do when it arrives. Can someone help me out?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I lately wanted to tinker around with my old Laptop and upgrade it with an eGpu but sadly I can't access advanced settings in the bios to make everything work.
Also there is no button combination to unlock advanced settings. So I read I few forum posts and came to the conclusion that I will need a SPI Programmer with a SOIC8 clip.
So I ordered it, but I don't really know what to do when it arrives. Can someone help me out?
If you bought one of the CH341A programmers, it requires a slight modification to output the voltage as 3.3V for reading/writing to the chip. Leaving it to run at 5V is not only bad for the chip, but can totally fry it.

Reactions: DerEineee

DerEineee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you bought one of the CH341A programmers, it requires a slight modification to output the voltage as 3.3V for reading/writing to the chip. Leaving it to run at 5V is not only bad for the chip, but can totally fry it.

Thank you! This is actually pretty important information ^^'

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto