Hacking Replacing my current flashcart R4SDHC

dufran3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to decide which flashcart to get to replace my crappy R4 SDHC flashcart.

I tried endlessly to get Harry Potter working with this flash cart. Couldn't get Wood R4 to work, can't get YSmenu to work. I would like a card that works with the newer games like Harry Potter and Goldeneye....can someone please suggest a flash cart to me. I currently have a 2GB micro SD card with my R4 SDHC, but I can't play any of the new games....

Please suggest a flashcart that is easy to update to get new games working.

THANKS!

Edit: Also I have a DS lite, not sure if that matters or not.

AcekardFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If You Dont Have A Lot Of Cash You Can Go With A Acekard 2i,And If You Do You Can get A Supercard Dstwo,Both Of Them have Regular Updates And They Can Play the Latest Games Easily

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you getting a Acekard 2i, it gets constant updates from the AKAIO team, so go here: Acekard 2i from Shoptemp this is GBATemp official shop website in which you will get an excellent customer service. Believe me you will not be dissapointed with ShopTemp.

There's also the R4 WOOD DS from Shoptemp which has constant updates with the R4 Wood Firmware, it has almost perfect ROM Compability, and it is excellent and affordable for the price

You may also want to try the SuperCard DSTWO the new flashcart which includes: Almost perfect DS Roms Compability, RTS(so you can save the game whenever you want and then continue it there), In Game Guide(to be able to open walkthroughs, game guides and more), In Game Cheat(be able to use cheats while on game, Stylish GUI, and an antipiracy patch database, a GameBoy Advance Emulator, DivX/Xvid movie playback(which will accept many formats like .avi,.divx,.xvid, and many more instead of the troublesome .DPG video format which most flashcards just accept), Snes Emulation, and many more features.

PS: If buying an Acekard 2i put the AKAIO firmware, find it on GBATemp.net on the downloads Section, AKAIO is the best firmware avaible for the Acekard 2i.

Also, when your Acekard arrives(if you order it) follow this guide made by TK Saturn to set up your acekard with the latest firmware.

OR you may want to order in shoptemp your flashcart bundled with a Micro SD and select the option Premium Update+Flashing Service so that it is ready to play outta the box.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • AP Bypass
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
naruses said:
I recommend you getting a Acekard 2i, it gets constant updates from the AKAIO team, and on top of that it works with 1.4.1 update, so go here: Acekard 2i from Shoptemp this is GBATemp official shop website in which you will get an excellent customer service. Believe me you will not be dissapointed with ShopTemp.

There's also the R4 WOOD DS from Shoptemp which has constant updates with the R4 Wood Firmware, it has almost perfect ROM Compability, and it is excellent and affordable for the price

You may also want to try the SuperCard DSTWO the new flashcart which includes: Almost perfect DS Roms Compability, RTS(so you can save the game whenever you want and then continue it there), In Game Guide(to be able to open walkthroughs, game guides and more), In Game Cheat(be able to use cheats while on game, Stylish GUI, and an antipiracy patch database, a GameBoy Advance Emulator, DivX/Xvid movie playback(which will accept many formats like .avi,.divx,.xvid, and many more instead of the troublesome .DPG video format which most flashcards just accept), Snes Emulation, and many more features.

PS: If buying an Acekard 2i put the AKAIO firmware, find it on GBATemp.net on the downloads Section, AKAIO is the best firmware avaible for the Acekard 2i.

Also, when your Acekard arrives(if you order it) follow this guide made by TK Saturn to set up your acekard with the latest firmwares and update it so that it works with 1.4 update.

If you do not have an friend DS, DS lite or a DSi (on 1.3 firmware) a friend with one you may want to order in shoptemp your flashcart bundled with a Micro SD and select the option Premium Update+Flashing Service so that it is ready to play outta the box.

...He has a DS lite, not a DSi.

dufran3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a Supercard Dstwo from Shop Temp back in November, still haven't received it. E-mailed them and they said something about them being shut down, and to wait another month to see if I get the item...I think I might just be stuck ordering another cart from somewhere else. Can someone refer a good place in the US that will get the item shipped to me in less than 3 MONTHS!!!! and not break the bank?

Thanks!

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dufran
I totally recommend Realhotstuff.com
Amazing fast shipping.
Really good customer service.
Sure maybe price for dstwo is like 4 - 5 dollars more then other stores. but they ship it fast as hell.
I ordered an iedge from there, it came in a day
ordered a dstwo - came in 3 days

They are in Bethpage New jersey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them