Replacing character models ?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Motisma, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Motisma
    OP

Motisma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to replace character models in Pokémon Sun and Moon, for example if I want to play as Wally ?
    And how can I do it ?

Thanks ! :)

2. Motisma
    OP

Motisma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Anyone ?

3. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    I have the same question to see if I can make Mario be Luigi in super Mario Bros 2

4. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    same but i want to play as lillie in s&m for reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5. Carnelian

Carnelian Some Random On The Internet

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I tried this but it doesn't work for me. : projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/40384-how-to-swap-animations-in-sun-and-moon-tutorial/

6. Motisma
    OP

Motisma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    So I found the location of the player's model (it seems to be a cube) and replaced it with Timmy's model but when I start my game, I have a black screen just after the "Continue" screen :(

7. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    United States
    Considering the character customization aspect of sun and moon, I think it would be pretty difficult to swap character models with an npc unlike in oras where the player character (having no customization) was just a single model. Perhaps if you were to change one item to Wally's model and somehow make the game not load the other models or replace them with blank ones? I've tried fiddling with some model swaps before, but it was mostly with other customization items, and they very often crashed my game. So if you can get it to work without crashing kudos to you.

8. Motisma
    OP

Motisma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Thanks, but I have the same black screen unfortunately :/
    I saw a video of a guy who changed the textures of a lot of overworld sprites (Team Skull, Lilie..)
    Here it is :
    So basically, he can also replace overworld models ? (though the player doesn't have a single model, it might be impossible)

9. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    United States
    Texture hacks are very different from model hacks, texture hacks are just altering a graphic that appears on an object while model hacks are completely changing the dimensions of an object.