Replacing a RPL export?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gudenau, Jun 17, 2016.

1. gudenau
    OP

gudenau Largely ignored

GBAtemp Patron
    gudenau is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    I would like to work on a modification to an RPL to change/log what data is passed and returned from various exported methods inside of RPL. I have a few questions regarding the process I could use to do this. I can already inject larger segments into the RPL files.

1. How would one go about making a method that the new export will point to without disturbing the parameters for the method? From what I can see, this should be a few instructions for storing the registers, but I am fairly new to PPC. I can not tell if they are going into the stack or some data segment.
    2. How could I use expanded data segments to hold global variables? How could I hold a String?
    3. How could I recreate the original method in C, so that I can get out of ASM? I have the signatures for the methods to replace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice