Renting Indiana Jones 1 for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tigris, Nov 22, 2010.

Nov 22, 2010

Renting Indiana Jones 1 for Wii by tigris at 8:22 PM (1,765 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. tigris
    OP

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Well, basically, I need a high-street store name that I can run off to and rent Lego Indiana Jones 1 (Original Adventures) to use the 'Indiana Pwns' hack on.

Any good rental stores (apart from BlockBuster) that I can find on the high street?

edit: oh, sorry- forgot a detail - it can't be a subscription service; just a one-off rental.

I am well aware I also posted this in Ask GBAtemp, but I can't seem to get one straight answer from that. I need to be able to discuss this, which is why it is here.

2. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Buy it used then sell it when youre done... just an idea... it might just even cost less than a rental its not like its a rare game

3. Reboot

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its ~$15 used here from classifieds, ebay would be cheap too. $19 brand spanking new from a game store (ebgames)
    Not much to spend to get homebrew...

4. ACDCGAMER

Member ACDCGAMER GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What firmware are you running on your Wii? You might not need to buy or rent Lego Indiana Jones and just use BannerBomb instead unless you're running 4.3.

5. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

I think he probably 4.3, I have but I'm too far

6. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i just bought my copy of LEGO Indy last week off ebay...paid $15.06 total w/ shipping.... i'm sure i could get that easily if i were to flip it onto CL.... the way i look at it, i could have burned $5 in gas and a day running to all the rental places to check if it were available, and then maybe come up empty handed and a day behind.... instead i save the day, spend a few extra dollars, and own the copy that i can sell for as much or more than i paid for it....easy decision really....

then, when a friend of a friend who knows nothing about modding asks you to mod his wii, you can tell him: no problem, but i'll cost you the price of the rental for that game to do it (and lunch, a case of beer, a date with his GF, etc.)....

7. Vegeta

Member Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's very expensive on eBay UK.

8. wiistarter

Member wiistarter GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    got a brand new one from play for £17.99 a few days back but they put it back up to £38.90 now (must have been the heavy demand for it again). always good to check other retailers about as HMV also had it for this price instore

9. tigris
    OP

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    +1. They're noticing that we have 4.3E and are profiting from it