Hacking Rename Wii Channel

kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a USB Loader channel via a .WAD, but I don't like it's name when I hover over it. Can the hover name popup be changed? If yes, what is the easist way by someone who is not familiar with all the homebrew tools. Are there easy tools with an easy tutorial?

Thanks,
Kizer

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do that. You have to repack the wad, which is a major pain in the butt with the currently available tools.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says who? Install wwPacker. Drag the wad onto __wwunpacker.bat. In the new folder created, open 00000000.app in u8Tool. Extract the contents. Change the name, pack the contents. Drag the folder onto _wwpacker-nomod.bat. Reinstall the channel.

With the right tools it would take less than 5 minutes.

Edit: Wadder works too but for me it gave out a few unstable wads...for most it's probably even easier than this.

kizer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
troa11 said:
Says who? Install wwPacker. Drag the wad onto __wwunpacker.bat. In the new folder created, open 00000000.app in u8Tool. Extract the contents. Change the name, pack the contents. Drag the folder onto _wwpacker-nomod.bat. Reinstall the channel.

With the right tools it would take less than 5 minutes.

Edit: Wadder works too but for me it gave out a few unstable wads...for most it's probably even easier than this.

Thanks for the reply, but I get an error about common-key.bin. Where do I get this?

Thanks,
Kizer

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I thought it was included in wwpacker when I installed it...but I'm pretty sure wadder includes it too if you need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)