Homebrew removing softmod for drivekey

edrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right hopefully someone here can help. i currently have the twilight hack installed on my 3.1E Wiiand i wish to remove this and installthe drivekey chip. Am i right in saying that if i install the drivekey with this installedi still won't be able to play games like indianna jones and ghostbusters as my wii hasnt been updated?! i wish to uninstall the softmod, then update my wii to latest version then install the drivekey but i dont know where to start hopefully some one can point me in right direction?!

thankyou soz for any errors im on me phone lol

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
If you dont care about any soft-modding at all, then update without a care. Just delete the twilight hack and you should be fine.

edrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone done this before? it wont brick my wii will it? how would i delete the hbc and backup launcher icons from the wii menu?

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edrick said:
has anyone done this before? it wont brick my wii will it? how would i delete the hbc and backup launcher icons from the wii menu?
unistall the backup launcher wad with wad manager. And go to data management and channels to delete the homebrew channel. Then update. It's kinda pointless why wouldn't u just leave the hbc though it won't mess up the chip.

edrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought i had to update the wii to play the newer games instead of getin the green screen, or will the drivekeydeal with this problem no matter what version it is? thankyou for al replys you have been extremely helpful
wink.gif

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U can update if u want. Yes u do need updated ios for newer games which u can get by updating. The chip won't run the games without em. But u can just run the games through gecko os 1.9 as it will just download needed ios for the gamewithout updating ur wii. You only have run games through gecko os first time to get the needed ios btw. I would still keep hbc if ur gonna update imo

edrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the advice peeps
smile.gif
gunna remove it today with wad manager then update cheerio
smile.gif

Posts merged