mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pikachu025 said:
I just tried to "un-copy-protect" my Pokémon Battle Revolution and Endless Ocean saves, and have to report a failure. The save was indeed made copyable, and I could copy it, and both games could read the save fine. However, upon saving in either game, its save was copy-protected again, unlike Elebits which keeps the save as copyable even after saving.

Thanks for that info. (I didn't ran pokemon again since I first tried it... dunno even why I backed-up the save !!!
wink.gif
).

Edit: typos

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Ok, two years after the creation of this topic I made the app that unlocks the savegames from the Wii console
smile.gif
I tested it with my saves and it worked perfectly.

Is anyone interested on it? I don't think I release the app, I will just release the sourcecode modification of Waninkoko's Savegame Manager.

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone used the priiloader hack to remove copy protection from saves and compare the results against what you have already done?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Phr3d13 said:
Has anyone used the priiloader hack to remove copy protection from saves and compare the results against what you have already done?
Theorically, Priiloader (and Banana Patcher) removes the copy protection by patching the System Menu, but keeps the savefiles intact.
With Lukeage method you remove the copy protection to the savefile, so you can copy it again to the Wii without having to hack it (installing Priiloader, using Banana Patcher, etc).
If someday Nintendo kills the homebrew forever (lol), we will still be able to copy our old saves with this method.

Well... You could already do this with FE-100 and your Wii keys, but now it's very easy.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Be careful; some games will think the modification is corruption and delete the save, creating a new one.
Really?
frown.gif

Do you know any of these games?

I thought it was a safe method because you are only modifying the banner.bin file, the real data is on other files.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
marc_max said:
I thought it was a safe method because you are only modifying the banner.bin file, the real data is on other files.
Most (all?) games will read the banner from the nand when they start, some will additionally compare it to their prebuilt banner and delete everything if it doesn't match. Can't think which games do it off the top of my head, maybe someone with sneek+gecko logging can spot one.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
tueidj said:
marc_max said:
Most (all?) games will read the banner from the nand when they start, some will additionally compare it to their prebuilt banner and delete everything if it doesn't match. Can't think which games do it off the top of my head, maybe someone with sneek+gecko logging can spot one.
I'll try it with all my games then. For now, I can confirm that Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Brawl don't do the banner check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: