EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This guide is solely based on removing cIOSCORP/DARKCORP from your Wii console. These two programs are one in a whole, it is made by the same group of people, and it has the same purpose. The name was changed to dark corp when it reached version 4.0. The reason for removing this, is because it can cause future problems with your console, such as bricking, etc.​

WARNING: Follow these directions closely and carefully... Any damage done to your Wii console, is under your OWN risk.

STEP ONE: Getting the Appropriate IOS Files

You will need ModMii to get these files. When you have it downloaded and installed, follow this tutorial closely. I tried to make it as noob-friendly as possible, by making most of the tutorial with images.

1_20.png

When you launch ModMii, you will be prompted with this screen. Read all of the information that is provided, and enter "I Agree".

2_37.png

When you are passed the agreement page, you will be shown another page.. read through them if you want. For this guide, just enter in "W".

3.png

You will be asked if your Wii is a virgin or not.. If you are using this guide in the First Place, then it is obviously not. Enter "N".

4.png

Enter your Wii's version number, which is crucial to using this guide. Every version has different file types, and requirements.
Note; You can check your version number, by going to the System Menu, and clicking the Wii button. Then just click Wii Settings.. It will be in the corner.

5_13.png

Enter your Region; which is also found in the same menu.. It is indicated by the letter which is following the number.

6_7.png

Enter "Y" at this menu, as it is needed to remove cIOSCORP/DARKCORP.

7.png

Enter the same version as you picked previously.

8_2.png

This is completely optional. I do not recommend installing other WAD files when you are installing them as a batch with WAD IOS files. (It would probably still install without problem, but this is just a precaution.)

9_5.png

This is also optional downloads; feel free to download these. But as I stated before, install them AFTER you install all the more important files.

10.png

Double-check that the settings are correct before continuing. If so.. enter "Y".

11_5.png

When you are at this menu, you can enter "D" to use the default location (which I used) or you can specify your own custom location.

12_7.png

When you are at this menu, you can view all the files you are about to download. They may vary, based on your region and/or version. Enter "Y" when you are ready to proceed. This will supply extra details, and provide a guide for you.

13_18.png

Double-check that all the files are downloaded, and that they are all "good" files.. this information is specified under the list. Enter "O" to open the location where they were downloaded.

STEP TWO: Copying the files, and putting them to use.

14.png

------------------------------------------

You should see something similar to this. Notice that there is an apps folder as well.. This contains Multi-Mod Manager. This homebrew is essential to installing all of our .wad files.

I am unable to provide any more pictures for the rest of this guide.. I apologize for this. My camera is having a few technical difficulties as of this moment, but I will explain in the best way I can.

Copy all of those file to a SD card, OR a USB Device (Formatted to FAT32).

Plug in your USB device, or insert your SD card into your console, and boot it up. Make sure that the USB Device is plugged into port 0 (the one nearest to the side), because this is the only port that actually works with USB devices.

While at the System Menu, choose HBC (Homebrew Channel), and click Start.

You will see Multi-Mod Manager in the list.. Select it, and press "Load".

The rest of the tutorial is from the user-generated guide.

QUOTE said:
1) INSTALL WADS
============

Load Multi-Manager Mod (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Thats it !

After following these steps, cIOSCORP/DARKCORP is now removed from your Wii console.

This is my second guide, and I hope it is a step-up from the last.. Which can be found here: [Tutorial] How to play COD: Black Ops, USB Loading

Cheers !

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's a DARKCORP uninstaller btw, it comes with the installer.

Also, the chance of bricking your Wii with it isn't THAT big.

And we have [thumb] tags for big images
wink.gif

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
There's a DARKCORP uninstaller btw, it comes with the installer.

Also, the chance of bricking your Wii with it isn't THAT big.

It leaves your with out-dated IOS files.
Follow the guide, and you are removed of it, with your IOS updates in-tact.

EDIT: I know the risk isn't huge, but some people don't want any risk.

EDIT2: I apologize for not using this feature, I am fairly new to the forum.. Still learning the ropes. Thanks for the update.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EmbraceFiction said:
SifJar said:
You could just run dop-Mii and install the latest non-stub revision of every IOS. Not that hard tbh.

This method is not difficult either.
Didn't bother to read it, but it is very long. Which IMO is a bad thing for a guide which can be very short.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to make it as noob-friendly as possible.

As you all should know, not EVERYONE is technology-savvy, and they require a bit of
extra help to get things straight and understood.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Removing cIOSCorp/DARKCORP [THE EASY WAY]

Step 0: Just as you would before any sort of modification to Wii's system software, make a NAND backup with bootmii.

Step 1: Run the DARKCORP v1.1 Installer
Step 2: Select "Uninstall (YOUR IOS WILL LOSE ALL PATCHES!)"

Done.

That is what the uninstaller feature is for.
The clean IOS that replace the patched ones in order to uninstall cIOSCORP/DARKCORP may not be the absolute very latest revisions, but they do not need to be. They will still function fine.

At least you put some effort into trying to write a guide and help people, I commend that, but... to be really honest, this guide is not really that necessary... due to DARKCORP installer's uninstallation feature, which can be used to uninstall all versions of cIOSCORP/DARKCORP.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
damysteryman said:
Removing cIOSCorp/DARKCORP [THE EASY WAY]

Step 0: Just as you would before any sort of modification to Wii's system software, make a NAND backup with bootmii.

Step 1: Run the DARKCORP v1.1 Installer
Step 2: Select "Uninstall (YOUR IOS WILL LOSE ALL PATCHES!)"

Done.

That is what the uninstaller feature is for.
The clean IOS that replace the patched ones in order to uninstall cIOSCORP/DARKCORP may not be the absolute very latest revisions, but they do not need to be. They will still function fine.

At least you put some effort into trying to write a guide and help people, I commend that, but... to be really honest, this guide is not really that necessary... due to DARKCORP installer's uninstallation feature, which can be used to uninstall all versions of cIOSCORP/DARKCORP.

I appreciate your honesty, and the fact that you did not completely run my guide down. I just wanted to make it more simple for people, or at least for them to get the latest revisions in their IOS files.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also hit up the modify any wii sticky, grab the up42 for your region, load up hbc, and run YAWM Multimod Batch (the only app), and it will automatically install all the latest ios's, along with SM 4.2 (which is arguably easier and quicker than this)... But as said above, the easiest way is probably using the uninstaller
smile.gif

-Erik

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BBking83 said:
Seems a bit of an overload for it to be "noob friendly"...

The steps are short, and it explains the exact options.
Stop wasting my time, by posting useless comments.

Thank you.

QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Jan 8 2011, 07:59 AM) You could also hit up the modify any wii sticky, grab the up42 for your region, load up hbc, and run YAWM Multimod Batch (the only app), and it will automatically install all the latest ios's, along with SM 4.2 (which is arguably easier and quicker than this)... But as said above, the easiest way is probably using the uninstaller
smile.gif

-Erik

Yeah, that is another method as well.

darianoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg thanks so much for this i have been stressed out for the past couple of days trying to figure out how to remove darkcops and your guide helped so much i now have priiloader up and running !

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

omg thanks so much for this i have been stressed out for the past couple of days trying to figure out how to remove darkcops and your guide helped so much i now have priiloader up and running !
Congratulations to get rid of this "Things".👌

So,after over 10 Years,this Guide is still useful and People still installing this "Stuff" ? 😮

I think,they have never heard from ModMii,I presume...:P

Reactions: XFlak and jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pikachu used jumper cables it was sadism lol