Removing cIOSCorp/DARKCORP [THE EASY WAY]

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by EmbraceFiction, Jan 7, 2011.

Jan 7, 2011
  1. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Member EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This guide is solely based on removing cIOSCORP/DARKCORP from your Wii console. These two programs are one in a whole, it is made by the same group of people, and it has the same purpose. The name was changed to dark corp when it reached version 4.0. The reason for removing this, is because it can cause future problems with your console, such as bricking, etc.​

WARNING: Follow these directions closely and carefully... Any damage done to your Wii console, is under your OWN risk.

STEP ONE: Getting the Appropriate IOS Files

You will need ModMii to get these files. When you have it downloaded and installed, follow this tutorial closely. I tried to make it as noob-friendly as possible, by making most of the tutorial with images.

[​IMG]

When you launch ModMii, you will be prompted with this screen. Read all of the information that is provided, and enter "I Agree".

[​IMG]

When you are passed the agreement page, you will be shown another page.. read through them if you want. For this guide, just enter in "W".

[​IMG]

You will be asked if your Wii is a virgin or not.. If you are using this guide in the First Place, then it is obviously not. Enter "N".

[​IMG]

Enter your Wii's version number, which is crucial to using this guide. Every version has different file types, and requirements.
    Note; You can check your version number, by going to the System Menu, and clicking the Wii button. Then just click Wii Settings.. It will be in the corner.

[​IMG]

Enter your Region; which is also found in the same menu.. It is indicated by the letter which is following the number.

[​IMG]

Enter "Y" at this menu, as it is needed to remove cIOSCORP/DARKCORP.

[​IMG]

Enter the same version as you picked previously.

[​IMG]

This is completely optional. I do not recommend installing other WAD files when you are installing them as a batch with WAD IOS files. (It would probably still install without problem, but this is just a precaution.)

[​IMG]

This is also optional downloads; feel free to download these. But as I stated before, install them AFTER you install all the more important files.

[​IMG]

Double-check that the settings are correct before continuing. If so.. enter "Y".

[​IMG]

When you are at this menu, you can enter "D" to use the default location (which I used) or you can specify your own custom location.

[​IMG]

When you are at this menu, you can view all the files you are about to download. They may vary, based on your region and/or version. Enter "Y" when you are ready to proceed. This will supply extra details, and provide a guide for you.

[​IMG]

Double-check that all the files are downloaded, and that they are all "good" files.. this information is specified under the list. Enter "O" to open the location where they were downloaded.

STEP TWO: Copying the files, and putting them to use.

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------

You should see something similar to this. Notice that there is an apps folder as well.. This contains Multi-Mod Manager. This homebrew is essential to installing all of our .wad files.

I am unable to provide any more pictures for the rest of this guide.. I apologize for this. My camera is having a few technical difficulties as of this moment, but I will explain in the best way I can.

Copy all of those file to a SD card, OR a USB Device (Formatted to FAT32).

Plug in your USB device, or insert your SD card into your console, and boot it up. Make sure that the USB Device is plugged into port 0 (the one nearest to the side), because this is the only port that actually works with USB devices.

While at the System Menu, choose HBC (Homebrew Channel), and click Start.

You will see Multi-Mod Manager in the list.. Select it, and press "Load".

The rest of the tutorial is from the user-generated guide.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    There's a DARKCORP uninstaller btw, it comes with the installer.

Also, the chance of bricking your Wii with it isn't THAT big.

And we have [thumb] tags for big images [​IMG]

3. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    It leaves your with out-dated IOS files.
    Follow the guide, and you are removed of it, with your IOS updates in-tact.

EDIT: I know the risk isn't huge, but some people don't want any risk.

EDIT2: I apologize for not using this feature, I am fairly new to the forum.. Still learning the ropes. Thanks for the update.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You could just run dop-Mii and install the latest non-stub revision of every IOS. Not that hard tbh.

5. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada

This method is not difficult either.

6. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    still takes more steps than any other method though

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Didn't bother to read it, but it is very long. Which IMO is a bad thing for a guide which can be very short.

8. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    swinging for the fences right off the bat, eh?

general advice to the unwashed masses: read more, type less.

9. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Really nice guide IMO

10. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    it depends on how u explain it... I could summarize the whole guide by saying "use ModMii's Wizard Function", and every other method requires that a Wii have wifi access

11. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    I tried to make it as noob-friendly as possible.

As you all should know, not EVERYONE is technology-savvy, and they require a bit of
    extra help to get things straight and understood.

12. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Removing cIOSCorp/DARKCORP [THE EASY WAY]

Step 0: Just as you would before any sort of modification to Wii's system software, make a NAND backup with bootmii.

Step 1: Run the DARKCORP v1.1 Installer
    Step 2: Select "Uninstall (YOUR IOS WILL LOSE ALL PATCHES!)"

Done.

That is what the uninstaller feature is for.
    The clean IOS that replace the patched ones in order to uninstall cIOSCORP/DARKCORP may not be the absolute very latest revisions, but they do not need to be. They will still function fine.

At least you put some effort into trying to write a guide and help people, I commend that, but... to be really honest, this guide is not really that necessary... due to DARKCORP installer's uninstallation feature, which can be used to uninstall all versions of cIOSCORP/DARKCORP.

13. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    I appreciate your honesty, and the fact that you did not completely run my guide down. I just wanted to make it more simple for people, or at least for them to get the latest revisions in their IOS files.

14. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Seems a bit of an overload for it to be "noob friendly"...

15. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You could also hit up the modify any wii sticky, grab the up42 for your region, load up hbc, and run YAWM Multimod Batch (the only app), and it will automatically install all the latest ios's, along with SM 4.2 (which is arguably easier and quicker than this)... But as said above, the easiest way is probably using the uninstaller [​IMG]

-Erik

16. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, that is another method as well.