Hacking Remove 001 error Mario Kart Wii

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Allright.. I don't want to be a troll here, but I'll make it simple and clear:

I have a PAL D2CKEY 3.1E wii. Will there be any point in modifying an unscrubbed ISO?

Edit: Nevermind, I tried it out myself and everything's fine and dandy.

juicy_mokro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have 1 question i downloaded the ppf patch and i have downloaded the scrubbed MK wii version can i patch it and burn it now?
(pal wii, wiikey version 1.9b,wii version 3.1)

i burned it!! and all is see is the wii remote saying to tight up the wrap thing :S
it doesnt load

GreatWizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinVa could you make a patch for wzrd-ssbb. I used your ppf for mario kart and it worked like a charm.

Us Wii with WIInja V2

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
juicy_mokro said:
i have 1 question i downloaded the ppf patch and i have downloaded the scrubbed MK wii version can i patch it and burn it now?
(pal wii, wiikey version 1.9b,wii version 3.1)

i burned it!! and all is see is the wii remote saying to tight up the wrap thing :S
it doesnt load

I'm downloading the scrubbed version and this seems to be a bad prognosis to me. I'm also using wiikey version 1.9b. Please let me know if you succeed to play it.

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am so tired of wasting disc... 13 so far!

I cannot get Mario Kart to work on my NTSC Wii. I did the Jinva patch, I used Brickblocker, and Wiu1.1, Regionfrii to try and get Mario Kart to work... i get the infamous "Error" Not sure if there is an order of use for these programs.

Plus i get an Error when I try to download Wiikey's 1.9s confg disc. the official one on wiikey's site, and the leaked 9.5 version.

I really don't know what the difference between the Wiikey config 1.9s and the update 1.9s ?? but like I said my Wii does not recognize the config disc.

SMG and SSBB work fine on my Wii, I did the NTSC update of Brawl, I have a NTSC Wii 3.2u and 1.9g Wiikit (Wiikey clone). And i always use IMGFBRN at 3X when downloading ISO's, with good discs, so I know it's not my discs, or burner because it's brand new bought it last week.

Has anyone been sucessful getting Mario Kart to work with a Wiikit installed!!!

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having the same problem...can't make it go on NTSC Wii, 3.2U..
I'm gonna try doing this method manually and then applying RegionFree to see what happens..

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kusan said:
I'm gonna try doing this method manually and then applying RegionFree to see what happens..

Okay... let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks sosodef

crpngdth2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
Kusan said:

Okay... let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks sosodef

You guys must be using the scrubbed iso. Give up on it, download the "moment" PAL iso (unscrubbed, first to be released), and follow my earlier post to patch and you will be playing instead of burning a dozen discs!

Thanks to all who contributed in this thread to get this patched for NTSC, my kids have been playing it for almost a week and loving it!

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Apparently i have the unscrubbed version. Anyway, I used region free and accidentally put Japan lol...

Now, I made it work!
Did:
1- BrickBlocker
2- PFP patch #2
3- RegionFree to USA
4- Burned with imgburn at 2x

At 1st, the wii didn't recognize the dvd but it did at 2nd try, no error, no slow-downs...nothing, just a cool game to play
biggrin.gif

thanks to the guys that made it possible for us NTSCers to play this thing =)

crpngdth2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
How can you tell if it's a scrubbed version and an un-scrubbed version of the game????

I would assume the .iso size might tell you, the scrubbed download would be much smaller, I would think. This is just a guess on my part, though. My Moment-PAL .iso that was unscrubbed was the full size, I thought the scrubbed one was line only 2/3 of the full size. I believe that's the advantage, smaller download. Someone will jump in and correct me if I am wrong.

If you want the one I used, it will be titled "Mario Kart PAL WII-MOMENT" and be 4.31GB.

I saw scrubbed ones in the 2.9GB size range.

Wii00007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello:

If you want remove yourself the 001 error....and other modifications

MArio Kart Wii Iso Partitions Extractor/Rebuilder

[url="http://w16.easy-share.com/1700128054.html"]http://w16.easy-share.com/1700128054.html

With this little utility you can extract separetly the 3 partitions
then you can open this 3 partitions with Trucha and make modifications.

After modifications you can rebuild the iso.

The orginal iso is not modified.

1 - click on EXTRACT PARTITiON
2 - Choose Mario KArt Wii ISO
3 - Wait................................

4 - You get 3 iso : partition1.iso / partition2.iso / partition3.iso in the same directory (m kart iso)

5- you can use Trucha with this 3 iso.....

6 - Click on REBUILD PARTITION
7- Choose partition1.iso
8- Wait................................

9 - Burn and Play

WARNING : Work Only with Mario Kart wii iso
: you need 9,5 go free (3 partitions + rebuild)

juicy_mokro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I HAVE HAD IT
hate2.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF I START THE F*CKING GAME IT I GET THE WIIMOTE THING TO TIGHT UP THE THING! WHEN I PRESS A NOTHING HAPPES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
WHATS WRONG
(PAL WII,PAL GAME,SCRUBBED,3.2)

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
juicy_mokro said:
I HAVE HAD IT
hate2.gif

IF I START THE F*CKING GAME IT I GET THE WIIMOTE THING TO TIGHT UP THE THING! WHEN I PRESS A NOTHING HAPPES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
WHATS WRONG

Calm down , what's your modchip ?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
juicy_mokro said:
I HAVE HAD IT
hate2.gif

WHATS WRONG
OMFG § THIS IS MAAADDNEEEEEEESSS §§§

Seriously, calm down
rolleyes.gif

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm... My wii is NTCS-U, I update it today (screw this IOS37 stuff, it didn't make my SSBB go away anyways
tongue.gif
) and, besides my chip is very old and doesn't bypass 001 error, it never failed to bypass region lock (I have many Pal, Jap games that works fine)...

So, I only need to apply this patch (number 2 i guess) and do nothing more or do I have to block updates, use regionfrii and all this stuff?? Er... i know there's many people confirming this to work, but i also saw many people having problems with this too, so I just want a final answer, as my wii can't read DVD-RW (dunno why though ¬¬)

Hm... I can confirm that what I tried (only ppf patch) is not working for my wiifree... gonna try all that other stuff now... gonna be a long night

MinosSnt

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep

I have a wii with the yaosm chip 3.0 and I don't manage to run Mario Kart.... So :

1* i used ppfomatic with the patch mkwii2 but pffomatic didn't recognize my iso... Maybe it should be a .bin
2* i patched the game with WiiBrickBlocker 1.3 and burn it.... Doesn't work
3* i used ppfomatic with the patch mkwii2 on the patched iso and burned it... I can launch the game but after lauching i've got a black screen and that's all.... The wii never load the game...

have you some ideas for me please ??

thanx

oh... and excuse my english i'm french
rolleyes.gif

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hm... i guess the problem would be the second ppf?? I'm gonna try the first if I get another error... no need for MK channel anyways

what would happen if I apply the same ppf patch more than once in the same iso??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying