Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
(1) How do I enable the MEX with vlc (although it worked perfectly with Windows Media Player which I don´t like to use)?
The easiest way to map the media keys to VLC is to use a keyboard with media control keys and go into Preferences>Hotkeys and map them there. VLC is currently lacking some features.. one of them is global hotkeys, therefore it is doubtful you will get it to work with VLC. Many people have problems with the VLC media control keys, check here; http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tech-talk/545616-...-dont-work.html

QUOTE said:
(2) How come the "MouseMode" seems skipping to work (does/doesn´t) during one session, while all the rest functions?
Do not understand sorry.

QUOTE said:
(3) Has anyone else had problems with the "Restart/Shutdown" option, as I think it´s one of the best ideas (loving to be in bed watching movies)
I have no problems with this feature, I'm running Windows 7 and can restart or shutdown without any issues. One note: you need to be logged in as admin.

QUOTE(4) (and not afore mentioned by me) some of the missing Keyboard buttons as simple as
Will be fixed in next version.

(5) As some have written, to "easyfy" server-access I just wrote a batchfile, but I´m sure you can come up with a much superior solution.
As of now I'll just stick to commandline interface, it does the job and I do not see any need to add any GUI or anything. The server just needs to run silently in the background -- like now.

HeNMaNOLC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks or the quick response and sorry for how the next bit is formatted, little bit of a rush here, but still seeking info asap..

BlazerRazor said:
Telling me to use a media control keyboard is one hell of an info
wink.gif
, but I´m using a Laptop so by now it is up to WMPlayer (got a working remote with this app now anyway
smile.gif
)..

QUOTE said:
(2) How come the "MouseMode" seems skipping to work (does/doesn´t) during one session, while all the rest functions?
Do not understand sorry.

It is just that sometimes I´m not able to control the mouse, but before I could and after some things done I can again. Why is that you think?

QUOTE said:
(3) Has anyone else had problems with the "Restart/Shutdown" option, as I think it´s one of the best ideas (loving to be in bed watching movies)
I have no problems with this feature, I'm running Windows 7 and can restart or shutdown without any issues. One note: you need to be logged in as admin.

Using XP Pro edition definitely Admin no response (although server and client window showing what I pressed)

QUOTE said:
(4) (and not afore mentioned by me) some of the missing Keyboard buttons as simple as
Will be fixed in next version.

Lucking forward..

(5) As some have written, to "easyfy" server-access I just wrote a batchfile, but I´m sure you can come up with a much superior solution.
As of now I'll just stick to commandline interface, it does the job and I do not see any need to add any GUI or anything. The server just needs to run silently in the background -- like now.

No objection. Concentrate on the important stuff.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Using XP Pro edition definitely Admin no response (although server and client window showing what I pressed)
I just uploaded a new version (0.2.2) of the server which you can try, it could fix your issue with not being able to shutdown/restart.

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PLease help! i dont get this part
3. Then still in command prompt, got to wherever you have the server folder EX: c:\server\

4. Then write rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235( or whichever port you want) hit enter, it should run now, on windows 7 it asked me for permission with the firewall

THx!

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
3. Then still in command prompt, got to wherever you have the server folder EX: c:\server\

4. Then write rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235( or whichever port you want) hit enter, it should run now, on windows 7 it asked me for permission with the firewall

THx!

Allow it to pass.
Press Unblock.

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:

THx!

Allow it to pass.
Press Unblock.
What do u mean??? rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235 every time i type that in the cmd it says it cant be recognize and stuff. btw im extracted the files in the desktop
Actually let me change this. I actually dont get it all! it would be great if 1 of u guys made a vid or sumin a tutorial.... THANKS!!!

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:

THx!

Allow it to pass.
Press Unblock.
What do u mean??? rtdsserver_multi-win.exe 235 every time i type that in the cmd it says it cant be recognize and stuff. btw im extracted the files in the desktop

Ohhhh. It should look something like this.

imageview.php

Click here for the picture

Hope this helps =)

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:

THx!

Allow it to pass.
Press Unblock.

imageview.php

Hope this helps =)
UPDATE!

THX!!!! it fianally works... thx alot dude!
by the way... i still cant connect on my ds... how do i change my ip address, what do i put in host name, and what do i put in tdc/something port???

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:

THx!

Allow it to pass.
Press Unblock.

imageview.php

Hope this helps =)
UPDATE!

THX!!!! it fianally works... thx alot dude!
by the way... i still cant connect on my ds... how do i change my ip address, what do i put in host name, and what do i put in tdc/something port???

Here's another picture that I'm pretty sure will help you and get it working.
Heres another helpful picture.

Hopefully you get it this time! Download the picture if you can't read it to well.
Your IP and the port should be on the DS where it says enter hostname.

On the example I gave you "293.159.4.43 235" should go on the DS.
Except its your IP address.

EDIT: If that was a little confusing I think I can make it alot simpler.
On cmd when you type in ipconfig look for IPv4.
Enter that onto the DS and then add 235 at the end.
With a space before 235

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
where do i find the pv4 address?
In my Edit I think should clear it up.

If your still having trouble I will have a video for you to download
to find out how to find your IP Address.
Link will be up soon.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mouse dont work and keyboard

What did you put on hostname?

Should be (IP Address) *space* 235

And are you running the CMD that you are supposed to run?
The one where you do like Desktop\server\rtdsserver_multi-win 235
I'm considering making a full video, but I don't want to release my IP address.

Oh wait I got it. I'll make one, upload it onto youtube then send it to BlazorRazor and ask him to put it on the first post.

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:

Oh wait I got it. I'll make one, upload it onto youtube then send it to BlazorRazor and ask him to put it on the first post.
THANKS! hopefully that will help! thankyou for every thing by the way!
UPDATE!
I FINALLY MADE IT WORK!!!!M YAY!!! THANKS ALOT!!!

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
mermehma said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:

Oh wait I got it. I'll make one, upload it onto youtube then send it to BlazerRazor and ask him to put it on the first post.
THANKS! hopefully that will help! thankyou for every thing by the way!
UPDATE!
I FINALLY MADE IT WORK!!!!M YAY!!! THANKS ALOT!!!

So it's all working good?
I've finished my Tut and now I'm going to upload to youtube then send to BlazerRazor to put it on the first post

Here's the link to it.
Click here for the Tutorial

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
nice work yo i am typing all this from my ds right now from the comfort of my own bed.

However keyboard needs some remapping, *leaves DS* Keys !@#$%^&*()-,?/' do not seem to be working in fact the center row does not even make a beep =p

I love the project though and look forward to future releases as this will be my alternate DS2Win.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if possible you should map scroll to up and down on the dpad. Also make the top screen dim. Maybe make Y the equivalent of alt+tab. Also the 1:1 aspect ratio is nice but i think it would feel more comfortable if worked like a laptop mousepad. If you spaced out the keys to cover the entire screen minus the bottom bar it might be possible to type with your thumbs. Well those are my ideas.
happy.gif

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
I think if possible you should map scroll to up and down on the dpad. Also make the top screen dim. Maybe make Y the equivalent of alt+tab. Also the 1:1 aspect ratio is nice but i think it would feel more comfortable if worked like a laptop mousepad. If you spaced out the keys to cover the entire screen minus the bottom bar it might be possible to type with your thumbs. Well those are my ideas.
happy.gif
Thank you for the feedback, great ideas. I will consider the Y for alt+tab and up/down for scroll.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy