OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Since I couldn't find a list of which game are compatible with Homer49 hack to play any ps3 game through remote play, I decided to start one of my own.

For those who don't know about this hack, follow these steps:
You need:​

* PS Vita
* PS3 (with CFW 3.55)
* USB Cable (provided with PS Vita) to register the vita to the PS3
* Wi-Fi network to use the remote-play at home
* Install multiman on PS3

1) Register your PS Vita as “mobile phone” on PS3
2) Remote play on PS3
3) Choose how you want to connect for remote play on PS Vita.
3) Start multiman on PS3
4) Charge the game

Games that work:

Civilization Revolution (internal hdd)
Dragon ball Raging Blast (external hdd)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (external hdd)
Silent Hill Homecoming (external hdd)
Sonic 4 episode 1 (PSN Game) (Internal hdd, Edit SFO to enable remote play*)

Games that won't work:
Afrika (External hdd, reboots to xmb)
Fifa 09 (internal hdd, gives an "not compatible with remote play error", can't seem to edit the SFO file)
Fifa 2011 (external hdd, crashes ps3)
Fifa 2012 (PSN, external hdd, gives an "not compatible with remote play error", even after editing SFO file)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (internal hdd, hangs at the loading screen)
WWE legends wrestlemania (Internal hdd, screen goes black at the opening cutscene, you can still hear the sound)

Feel free to post your results here. I will test more games in the next days.

TheHack97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bioshock - Working
Alice: Madness Returns - Working
GTA IV - Working but with audio problems
Little Big Planet 2 - Not working, freeze with black screen

i will try some other games soon

Reactions: 1 person

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 and the snes9x emulator so far and it ran without a hitch. its really cool but the input lag ruins it right now.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
would it be possible to make an application for a PC to stream the games directly to ps vita?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
would it be possible to make an application for a PC to stream the games directly to ps vita?

in theory yes, but it won't be done by sony (i can bet all of my hair they wouldn't do that) and if it will get made by some guy in a shed, it will take a fairly long time plus will probably be buggy, also might require a CFW on vita side, i am not sure how exactly the streaminging works on ps3 to vita, but it will probably need keys of some sort...

You can stream them to your tablet or laptop though, i know i saw the software for it... again, you'd need an app on vita for it(unless it could use native vita's remote play) plus software on PC... I would love such feature though.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
I don´t know to much about the ps 3 but i think it is possible to use the native ps vita remote play. We only need to find out what kind of data the ps 3 transfers to the vita ,and since you already mentioned that you can use a tablet to play ps 3 games we should be able to find it on the net.

So the shed coder(cool username) might be a good alternative.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
I don´t know to much about the ps 3 but i think it is possible to use the native ps vita remote play. We only need to find out what kind of data the ps 3 transfers to the vita ,and since you already mentioned that you can use a tablet to play ps 3 games we should be able to find it on the net.

i meant you can stream PC games to tablet or laptop, i never tried to do that with PS3's remote play thing, as my ps3 isn't on a CFW which makes me sad, as i get on it few times a week and i need to update pretty much every bloody time i turn it on and it is just troublesome as i only play GRID and GTA4 now and again...

Also, from the looks of it ps3 just streams games to vita and uses vita's controls, same thing as streaming to a tablet/laptop from your gaming desktop, but it still is a relatively new thing... I doubt vita does much actual video AI/physics calculations... just outputs what it receives onto screen...

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

i meant you can stream PC games to tablet or laptop, i never tried to do that with PS3's remote play thing, as my ps3 isn't on a CFW which makes me sad, as i get on it few times a week and i need to update pretty much every bloody time i turn it on and it is just troublesome as i only play GRID and GTA4 now and again...

Also, from the looks of it ps3 just streams games to vita and uses vita's controls, same thing as streaming to a tablet/laptop from your gaming desktop, but it still is a relatively new thing... I doubt vita does much actual video AI/physics calculations... just outputs what it receives onto screen...

Exactly, so you need the ps3 to do all the work. And the vita-ps3 connection is encrypted so probably it will not ever work without hacked firmware etc. It's not as simple as sniffing what packets the ps3 and vita are exchanging unfortunately :)

FluBBa

Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
Search for Open Remote Play, used to work like a charm until Sony found out and contaminated the stream unless the MAC address was registered as a unit on the PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too