Hacking Remod wii

Slay3r227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i want to remove my softmod completely and go back to normal standerd wii then remod it how do i go about doing that

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you have BootMii as boot2 you can use Ohneschwanzenegger to make a vanilla NAND and restore it with BootMii. This is the only way to get a 100% vanilla NAND. You can technically restore it using BootMii IOS as well, but it's not recommended since you'll end up with a brick if anything goes wrong.
However, if you just want to make sure your softmod is up to date, you can just use ModMii to re-mod it.

The next best way to get rid of all softmods is to simply uninstall every cIOS, cMIOS, homebrew/pirated channel, and reinstall any IOS you may have patched (use sysCheck to find out which ones), as well as deleting any exploited saves (and bannerbomb/letterbomb), and anything else you can think of that was modified. A system format will not get rid of them.
If you have a modded system menu (themes, etc.) or Priiloader then simply reinstalling the system menu WAD of the same version will get rid of that, but Priiloader will have some left over files unless you use the original installer to uninstall it.

If your Wii is not on 4.3 yet, updating it to that with the official update method will remove a lot of your softmod files, but not all of them.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have BootMii as boot2 you can use Ohneschwanzenegger to make a vanilla NAND and restore it with BootMii. This is the only way to get a 100% vanilla NAND. You can technically restore it using BootMii IOS as well, but it's not recommended since you'll end up with a brick if anything goes wrong.
However, if you just want to make sure your softmod is up to date, you can just use ModMii to re-mod it.

The next best way to get rid of all softmods is to simply uninstall every cIOS, cMIOS, homebrew/pirated channel, and reinstall any IOS you may have patched (use sysCheck to find out which ones), as well as deleting any exploited saves (and bannerbomb/letterbomb), and anything else you can think of that was modified. A system format will not get rid of them.
If you have a modded system menu (themes, etc.) or Priiloader then simply reinstalling the system menu WAD of the same version will get rid of that, but Priiloader will have some left over files unless you use the original installer to uninstall it.

If your Wii is not on 4.3 yet, updating it to that with the official update method will remove a lot of your softmod files, but not all of them.

I would highly suggest the average user does not follow those bolded instructions. One wrong thing uninstalled or installed has the possibility to render the system completely inoperable provided they don't have BootMii@boot2.

OP, don't worry about restoring your Wii back to its original state just to mod it again. Use the Windows program ModMii from modmii.zzl.org to download all necessary files for your Wii and it will create a guide to walk you through the installation. When it asks you if your Wii is modded or not, reply that it has not been modded (aka virgin) to ensure that everything that needs to be updated is updated.

Slay3r227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would highly suggest the average user does not follow those bolded instructions. One wrong thing uninstalled or installed has the possibility to render the system completely inoperable provided they don't have BootMii@boot2.

OP, don't worry about restoring your Wii back to its original state just to mod it again. Use the Windows program ModMii from modmii.zzl.org to download all necessary files for your Wii and it will create a guide to walk you through the installation. When it asks you if your Wii is modded or not, reply that it has not been modded (aka virgin) to ensure that everything that needs to be updated is updated.
Cause what happens is when I go into a channel it just jumps between channels on its own

Slay3r227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds more like a faulty remote(s) than anything, but you could still always rule out the possibility of a bad softmod by just remodding it with ModMii. No need to unmod it first as you are liable to run into unnecessary complications during the process.
I did run a remod it looked as if it was fine but then it started acting up again

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

There are indeed risks involved with that. But as long as you make sure to only reinstall clean IOS wads, and make sure to install the same version and region of the system menu (and only do that if needed) it should be relatively safe. My guide is far from noob-proof though, I don't have the patience to describe each step in detail, but I'm sure there are guides floating around on google.

That suggestion was just a last resort if the other two aren't an option. I guess I should've made that clearer.

Cause what happens is when I go into a channel it just jumps between channels on its own
Does the same thing happen in USB Loader GX' banner display mode? It behaves the same way as the Wii Menu so if it works fine in USB Loader GX, that should rule out any faulty remote issues.

This might not be the best solution, but you can set USB Loader GX to autoboot with Priiloader and you'll be able to launch channels, games and homebrew from it, as well as it looking/behaving the same way as the system menu (if you use banner view). The only thing it can't do is view the Wii message board or modify system settings, but it's easy enough to exit to the system menu when you want to use those features (which shouldn't be often, especially as the Wii Message Board will soon no longer function anyway)
If you use USB Loader GX already you might like this option. If you have other issues with your Wii than the channel switching you described it obviously won't solve those, but it does do a good job at being an all-in-one loader GUI.

Slay3r227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are indeed risks involved with that. But as long as you make sure to only reinstall clean IOS wads, and make sure to install the same version and region of the system menu (and only do that if needed) it should be relatively safe. My guide is far from noob-proof though, I don't have the patience to describe each step in detail, but I'm sure there are guides floating around on google.

That suggestion was just a last resort if the other two aren't an option. I guess I should've made that clearer.

Does the same thing happen in USB Loader GX' banner display mode? It behaves the same way as the Wii Menu so if it works fine in USB Loader GX, that should rule out any faulty remote issues.

This might not be the best solution, but you can set USB Loader GX to autoboot with Priiloader and you'll be able to launch channels, games and homebrew from it, as well as it looking/behaving the same way as the system menu (if you use banner view). The only thing it can't do is view the Wii message board or modify system settings, but it's easy enough to exit to the system menu when you want to use those features (which shouldn't be often, especially as the Wii Message Board will soon no longer function anyway)
If you use USB Loader GX already you might like this option. If you have other issues with your Wii than the channel switching you described it obviously won't solve those, but it does do a good job at being an all-in-one loader GUI.
I have wii flow as USB loader

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second using ModMii. I was skeptical at first, but it didnt take long to win me over. UN modding is very difficult to do, and dangerous. Not to mention unnecessary.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about usb loader GX?
Look, if you head over to ModMii, you download the program, and answer some shiz about your wii. It will handle everything from there, including writing you a step by step personalized guide for your wii.

Slay3r227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you talking about usb loader GX?
Look, if you head over to ModMii, you download the program, and answer some shiz about your wii. It will handle everything from there, including writing you a step by step personalized guide for your wii.
Ok I've loaded gx but it doesn't work it starts up then black screen and no movement

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok
Ok I got gx working. it was working nice but suddenly it did the same thing in gx then it was fine then it started again help please
lol, use a different Wiimote.
Disconnect any Nunchuck or Classic controller.
Use ORIGINAL Nintendo Controllers.
This problem is NOT soft mod related in any way, your hardware is the problem for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉