Remix OS Mouse Pointer Help

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by TheVinAnator, Jun 3, 2016.

1. TheVinAnator
    OP

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Basically I just installed remix os into my hard drive on my pc although every time I boot after a few seconds the mouse pointer disappears and I cannot use it. Does anyone know how I can fix it? thanks

2. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Anybody and yes it is a usb mouse, I couldn't find this problem anywhere else!

3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    So the mouse works for a few seconds then stops, or it doesn't work at all, just shows itself, then disappears?

4. TheVinAnator
    OP

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    By that I meant on one boot it showed up right at the start and moved for a few brief seconds but after that and on any other time there is no mouse at all and I'm not talking about just the pointer no actions work either so yes it is completely gone

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    What kind of mouse is it? Also, longshot, but are you using a PS/2 keyboard? I'm not very familiar with x86 versions of Android, so I don't particularly know what the issue may be. When I get home, I'll throw it on a VM and see if I can reproduce the problem. Also, if you can, install a terminal emulator and busybox. I think busybox comes with dmesg, which might be useful.

Edit: Works just fine on a VM for me. Well, "fine" is relative. I wasn't able to reproduce the mouse issue. Though I see it already comes with a terminal emulator, so run that and then run this.

Code:
    dmesg | grep input
    See what that says for your mouse.

Last edited by Joom, Jun 4, 2016