Hacking Remap startup "combo" for rosalina

jalauren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the 3ds.guide and got up to section III - launching fbi (https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup). To startup the rosalina menu you have to press L+Down+Select, but the problem is that my 2DS doesn't have a functioning L button. Is there any way I could change the startup input to R+Down+Select or really anything else?

jalauren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either get a config.bin from someone or recompile it with line 48 in the file sysmodules/rosalina/include/menu.h changed accordingly
I'm fine with doing it myself, but what program would I need to rewrite the bin file?

I took a programming class. Because of it, I have netbeans, but I don't think netbeans would work with it

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't mind learning how to edit the file myself, but I really need some guidance on how to do so!
Read Luma's Github page on how to compile it after making your changes. That'll tell you what you need to know. Just knowledge of Netbeans won't work. And please don't bump your thread within an hour of you last posting in it.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't mind learning how to edit the file myself, but I really need some guidance on how to do so!
Open SD:/luma/config.bin in any hex editor (even the one in GodMode9 will do) and change the very last 4 bytes to this:
Code:
04 00 00 00
That will make the button to open Rosalina (select). Then you can use the option in Rosalina to change it to whatever you want.

jalauren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open SD:/luma/config.bin in any hex editor (even the one in GodMode9 will do) and change the very last 4 bytes to this:
Code:
04 00 00 00
That will make the button to open Rosalina (select). Then you can use the option in Rosalina to change it to whatever you want.
You are a beautiful person. It worked! Thank you so so much!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom