Remap startup "combo" for rosalina

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jalauren, Aug 21, 2017.

1. jalauren
    OP

jalauren Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United States
    I've been following the 3ds.guide and got up to section III - launching fbi (https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup). To startup the rosalina menu you have to press L+Down+Select, but the problem is that my 2DS doesn't have a functioning L button. Is there any way I could change the startup input to R+Down+Select or really anything else?

2. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    ithink if u edit the config.ini file not to sure tho

3. jalauren
    OP

jalauren Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United States
    That's all well and good, but I have no idea how to do anything like that haha

4. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Either get a config.bin from someone or recompile it with line 48 in the file sysmodules/rosalina/include/menu.h changed accordingly

5. jalauren
    OP

jalauren Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United States
    I'm fine with doing it myself, but what program would I need to rewrite the bin file?

I took a programming class. Because of it, I have netbeans, but I don't think netbeans would work with it

6. jalauren
    OP

jalauren Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United States
    I really don't mind learning how to edit the file myself, but I really need some guidance on how to do so!

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Read Luma's Github page on how to compile it after making your changes. That'll tell you what you need to know. Just knowledge of Netbeans won't work. And please don't bump your thread within an hour of you last posting in it.

8. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Open SD:/luma/config.bin in any hex editor (even the one in GodMode9 will do) and change the very last 4 bytes to this:
    Code:
    04 00 00 00
    That will make the button to open Rosalina (select). Then you can use the option in Rosalina to change it to whatever you want.

Quantumcat and jalauren like this.
  9. jalauren
    OP

jalauren Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    United States
    You are a beautiful person. It worked! Thank you so so much!!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted