Hardware Remap direct input buttons?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,708
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
Just bought Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and was gonna stream it but I can't get my switch pro controller to work. it accepts the abxy buttons and analog stick but I need the d-pad.
Is there an app to emulate a d-input analog stick from a d-pad?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't look like it's something that JoyToKey does, but have you tried the controller config options in Steam Big Picture mode? Not positive, but you might have some luck with that.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure that Xpadder will do what you are looking for, but it is now a paid program. Didn't used to be, and not sure what version it stopped being free though, so you'd have to do some digging if you wanted to find an old freeware copy.

D

Deleted User

OP
Doesn't look like it's something that JoyToKey does, but have you tried the controller config options in Steam Big Picture mode? Not positive, but you might have some luck with that.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure that Xpadder will do what you are looking for, but it is now a paid program. Didn't used to be, and not sure what version it stopped being free though, so you'd have to do some digging if you wanted to find an old freeware copy.
Just looked up JoyToKey and that one seems to want money too.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Used this to map the dpad to keyboard arrows and its working fine now. :)
Mapping the controller in Steam Big Picture and adding the game to Steam if it's a non-Steam game would have worked as well (assuming the game supports XInput)
Saves you having to use a separate program that has to be ran every time you want to play the game.

D

Deleted User

OP
Mapping the controller in Steam Big Picture and adding the game to Steam if it's a non-Steam game would have worked as well (assuming the game supports XInput)
Saves you having to use a separate program that has to be ran every time you want to play the game.
I couldn't get that to work.
I'm wondering if theres something I could use instead of steam for Xinput actually since Steam takes a while to start up and everything else I tried was too confusing

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I couldn't get that to work.
I'm wondering if theres something I could use instead of steam for Xinput actually since Steam takes a while to start up and everything else I tried was too confusing
XOutput works rather nicely. And unlike Steam, it still works when the game is not in the foreground which can be handy sometimes.
I find it easier than x360ce since it doesn't require copying the XInput DLLs to the game directory, it works globally, and it works with games that don't use the XInput DLLs like some Unity games. Since it emulates a 360 controller device it works with anything a 360 controller would work with.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

OP
XOutput works rather nicely. And unlike Steam, it still works when the game is not in the foreground which can be handy sometimes.
I find it easier than x360ce since it doesn't require copying the XInput DLLs to the game directory, it works globally, and it works with games that don't use the XInput DLLs like some Unity games. Since it emulates a 360 controller device it works with anything a 360 controller would work with.
I think x360ce was one of the ones I tried that I couldn't wrap my head around.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think x360ce was one of the ones I tried that I couldn't wrap my head around.
XOutput is as simple as mapping the controller and pressing the start button.
Though it doesn't let you map the inputs by pressing buttons on your controller, you actually have to pick the correct button/D-pad/whatever from a list. I just have the Windows gamepad test open to check which buttons correspond to which numbers when mapping them.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-