ROM Hack [Released] Moflex Player

david_keen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i try using the moflex player with some dual destinies videos and works perfect and i saw in the github that u have already one decoder but u dont have the mixer.

could u give one link to the decoder? or tell me how convert the file to .avi or any other format and re-convert to moflex, because in dual destinies u dont need the mixer, the audio is in other file, and the fps are the same, so should be enough with any converter even without mixer.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Lately I have been working on encoding moflex files, and I made a lot of progress:
upload_2016-1-5_18-45-19.png

I can create moflex files from uncompressed avi's now. There is still a lot of work to do. Currently I encode only intraframes (so no between frame references and thus bigger files), and it has no sound. But it seems to work.

Here is a moflex file I encoded. It would be great if someone could inject it in a game and try if it works. As I said, it contains no sound, and it isn't 3d aswell, so it might not work because of that, but maybe it does.
https://mega.nz/#!YxEnQbjK!HxGuidNZh9CJByer0cgrRdDtIiX8rwB3jA1cQfGiQ60

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

1. It works!
2. It seems to crash the game when the video is finished (which is earlier then the audio which the game has seperate) This is probably an issue caused by the game not the video itself, but it is worth noting.
3. The game allows the player to skip video's if this is done before the last frame the game does not crash, again this is probably because the game is not expecting a shorter video than the original.

Last edited by MRJPGames,

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, good news! I figured out what the problem with the slow speed is! At least for Fire Emblem: Awakening, anyways.

If the cutscene is dual-layer, (FE:A's cutscenes are, as they contain both Japanese and English voices) then the cutscene plays slowly. I've tried playing the demo version of Fire Emblem: Awakening's cutscenes, and they only have English voices. (single-layer audio) They work perfectly.

So, uh, that's the problem, I guess. I can PM you the cutscenes if you'd like so you can examine the differences, Gericom.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

1. It works!
2. It seems to crash the game when the video is finished (which is earlier then the audio which the game has seperate) This is probably an issue caused by the game not the video itself, but it is worth noting.
3. The game allows the player to skip video's if this is done before the last frame the game does not crash, again this is probably because the game is not expecting a shorter video than the original.

Great! Thanks for confirming it works. Then I know my muxer works and I can continue improving the encoder.
would you share the encoder with us/me? I want to try something :D
Well, it is not useable yet. Currently the code was just hacked in the existing player. What I need to do is separate the mobiclip decoder from the player (separate dll) and then make a separate console application for converting mobiclip to avi and avi to mobiclip. Also, should I use ffmpeg for reading videos? That would make it possible to support a lot more formats for converting.

@robotortoise Yes. Please send me some.

Last edited by Gericom,
Reactions: I pwned U!

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Great! Thanks for confirming it works. Then I know my muxer works and I can continue improving the encoder.

Well, it is not useable yet. Currently the code was just hacked in the existing player. What I need to do is separate the mobiclip decoder from the player (separate dll) and then make a separate console application for converting mobiclip to avi and avi to mobiclip. Also, should I use ffmpeg for reading videos? That would make it possible to support a lot more formats for converting.

@robotortoise Yes. Please send me some.
FFMPEG is a great Idea.
Would be cool to get a "beta" of your encoder when it's ready.

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you tried injecting the moflex files of something designed to watch them like shaun the sheep or whatever? This would give you a wider selection since there is literally 15 separate episodes. I have no idea what I'm talking about but I find this really interesting so I wish you good luck in whatever idk Its 2am here

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's already in there! It's just...command line.

I can't figure out what the command is. If I could, we could make a batch file to autoconvert to avi.
It can't convert mo to avi. Only moflex at the moment. You can easily see the command when you run mobiconverter in the cmd. It is mobiconverter.exe -d input.moflex output.avi

Reactions: Ambassador

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop ramming your rom