ROM Hack [Released] Bravely Default/Second Uncensored

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Hans compatibility list it says this game functions with hans, but I always get a black screen after the logo screens.

I've tried using braindump then I extract the romfs and rebuild. I notice extracting and rebuilding the same files results in a smaller romfs, so something is not quite right.

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Hans compatibility list it says this game functions with hans, but I always get a black screen after the logo screens.

I've tried using braindump then I extract the romfs and rebuild. I notice extracting and rebuilding the same files results in a smaller romfs, so something is not quite right.

I went on that ISO site and grabbed the uncensored .CIA and just extracted the romfs file & code file from it. Placed it in the hans folder and seemed to work for me.

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. I'm doing everything perfectly but i've had nothing but headaches trying to get it working :S hans seems very unreliable and doesn't work for everyone.

I only want the DLC costumes, really, so I'm using the "For the sequel" JP version. It might be incompatible (although it should be exactly the same structure.) I'm moving and Ringabells and Agnes special dlc costumes in place of the "arena" costumes, but even if I just move the romfs.bin that braindump generates to the SD:/hans/ folder and trim the intro it still fails to load at the same spot each time.

Last edited by Xoa,

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went on that ISO site and grabbed the uncensored .CIA and just extracted the romfs file & code file from it. Placed it in the hans folder and seemed to work for me.

How did you manage to do that, exactly? I tried doing the very same thing last week with no luck. Figured I couldn't since I didn't have XORPADS and such (stuck on 9.9).

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you manage to do that, exactly? I tried doing the very same thing last week with no luck. Figured I couldn't since I didn't have XORPADS and such (stuck on 9.9).
Also on 9.9 but I followed the instructions in the link Ailuros posted, just add this line at the end of the cmd code: ctrtool -t romfs --romfsdir=romfs romfs.bin

Reactions: Ailuros27

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RyuuPix You didn't end up having any errors? Whenever I try to create exefs.bin or romfs.bin I get a "exheader hash mismatch. Wrong key?" error.

Although, I am trying to use a "Clean" CIA instead of the Uncensored one. Figured I'd take the models out of it myself and put them into my US romfs since that's about all the uncensored one is.

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RyuuPix You didn't end up having any errors? Whenever I try to create exefs.bin or romfs.bin I get a "exheader hash mismatch. Wrong key?" error.

Although, I am trying to use a "Clean" CIA instead of the Uncensored one. Figured I'd take the models out of it myself and put them into my US romfs since that's about all the uncensored one is.
No, I didn't have any errors

Reactions: d4mation

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the romfs file & code file floating around somewhere on their own?
Not that I know of, the prepatched CIA is like 3GB i believe, but only takes like 5-8 minutes to download and extraction of the files is only a few seconds.

@RyuuPix Using the Pre-Patched CIA to extract from worked! Thanks for the heads up!
No problem

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by RyuuPix,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn I had problems with the megaco link. I don't remember why didn't use that one. I ended up using free.fr or something like that. It took ages. In fact, I cancelled part way through and downloaded the CIA instead, because it was smaller. Then I extracted Romfs from it, which took less time than downloading 3 GB from wherever I was downloading from. If I hadn't needed the model from the pre-patched one, I'd have dumped my own.

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn I had problems with the megaco link. I don't remember why didn't use that one. I ended up using free.fr or something like that. It took ages. In fact, I cancelled part way through and downloaded the CIA instead, because it was smaller. Then I extracted Romfs from it, which took less time than downloading 3 GB from wherever I was downloading from. If I hadn't needed the model from the pre-patched one, I'd have dumped my own.
yea some links are horribly slow, but dumping through brain dump is too slow for me also. The best download links are mega, google drive, and alternatively Uplea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte