Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, just rename the payload from hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-6-0-31-USA.bin to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA.bin ; replace NEW with OLD if you have an o3DS

I'm guessing I would have to change USA to EUR?

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Better yet, download the payload directly from smea's site: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ choose 10.6.0-31 and your region, download otherapp and rename that to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA.bin obviously changing type of 3DS and region to your specific version.

Works perfectly! Thanks! Also, is there a new homebrew launcher? I think it allows you to return to the home menu? I'm stuck in the past. lol

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfectly! Thanks! Also, is there a new homebrew launcher? I think it allows you to return to the home menu? I'm stuck in the past. lol
When you start up the launcher, does it say *hax 2.6 gamma at the top? If so, then you are on the latest and greatest. Press start and there should be an option to exit (I'm using masher's grid launcher so it might be different on your end).

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When you start up the launcher, does it say *hax 2.6 gamma at the top? If so, then you are on the latest and greatest. Press start and there should be an option to exit (I'm using masher's grid launcher so it might be different on your end).

Nope. I'm on a shitty version then. Where can I find the latest? lol

Edit: Never mind!

Last edited by SkittleDash,

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I'm on a shitty version then. Where can I find the latest? lol
From smea's site, the one I linked earlier. Under "Preparing your SD card" there should be a link to the homebrew starter kit. Download that and drag all the files/folders to the root of your SD card and overwrite the old files/folders.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
From smea's site, the one I linked earlier. Under "Preparing your SD card" there should be a link to the homebrew starter kit. Download that and drag all the files/folders to the root of your SD card and overwrite the old files/folders.

Yup, I'm now on the latest. Can finally return to emuNAND directly. ^_^

Reactions: Nikolay

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have hax 1.1b, 2.1 & 2.6 Gamma. 2.6 is probably the best. But there are homebrews that plays on 1.1b, but not on 2.6. The great pc port Heretic, for example.

PayJi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody

I have a noob question. How do I use Homebrew Launcher Loader if i have renamed my "boot.3dsx" please ? (because i am using MenuHax and CtrBootManager to cold boot on emuNAND).

Thank you for your help

Edit : Question already asked. I found the answer just above ^_^ Sorry

Last edited by PayJi,

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Smealum has just announced the release of a .cia installable launcher for the Homebrew Loader courtesy of Yellows8, for both old and new 3DSes.

https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

Upon launching the loader will download the appropriate payload if it can't find it locally on the SD.

The announcement specifically said it is for 9.2 but I'd expect it works from 9.0-9.2, at least.

Edit: The readme makes reference to a 10.1 payload, specifically a new3DS 10.3 payload. Gentlemen start your Speculation-A-Trons!
My emunand is on 10.6, but I still have 10.3 payloads on my SD card (N3DSXL)... will this let me boot up HBL in emunand?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Just delete the old payload, install the new .CIA version and let it download the new payload. It's not rocket science..

I'm curious if you can beat the games that you play...
Oh, I can beat most games I play, it's just a matter of time and patience for me. And now that I can play with CIA games, my library just opened up to pretty much every 3DS game out there, so that's gonna be the only problem though, heh. Too many games, too little time.

Oh, and I ask because I don't really understand how most of these stuff work - all I know is that most of the old entrypoints I used back in 10.3 was pretty much patched on 10.7, and so I'm asking people to confirm for me if this HBL work in the latest fw version.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The interest of 10.x payload is very limited since it's only purpose is to allow to boot in HBL just to launch 10.x version of SysUpdater to downgrade to 9.x (if i'm not mistaken), all other homebrew do not run on 10.x SysNAND (a9lh), 2x botton screen red flashes then return to HBL. That's the second big problem I see with A9LH, the first one is you can't launch gateway too without emuNAND (pretty useless for ppl who installed a9lh precisely for ditching emuNAND).

smartguy_alec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to edit the menuhax payload (the .bin file) on the root of your SD card.

Open it (you can use HxD editor for that) and search for 'boot.3dsx'. Change it to anything that also have four letters (I use CTRB.3dsx).

After that change the boot.3dsx from CtrBootManager to CTRB.3dsx. The boot_hb.3dsx shoukd be renamed to boot.3dsx. Don't forget to change your boot.cfg to reflect this (boot_hb to boot).

How about if your using less hax with ctrbootmanager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think