Hacking [RELEASE] X-PROJECT 5.05 SELF HOST

HHFlyinG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I have made a standalone html page version of the FanControl that I could release but I really wanted it to be an X-Project exclusive.
Naah I really don't mind waiting at all. I'm not ETA kinda guy as well. I was just expressing my excitement that's all :)

Reactions: Leeful

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can self host off android thanks to Stoogeds server, via pc thanks to leefuls sever, you can use hfs, xampp, Apache, miniweb, there are so many ways to do this offline.

It works fine with synology nas as well.

I don’t understand why userguide is preferred over web browser? It takes more clicks to get to userguide to achieve the same thing.

I'm lazy, you don't ever have to type anything or set anything up on the ps4 & it never moves. No thinking, just hold up, hold right, press left, press x, hold up, press x.

If I add another profile or plug another 5.05 ps4 into the network then it would automatically just work. But I can see why people would use the web browser.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I have rarely ever have any errors launching using the user guide.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: KiiWii

faisalhudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X-Project (XMB SELF HOST PROJECT) aims to be the AIO customizable payload server for all your payload needs. Something the community can dissect and adapt, improve and contribute to: for the good of everyone!

whats happning with 4.74 users will they be getting this any time soon?

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that all of your "updated" dates are 2018. I am guessing you meant 2019? :)

LATEST V1.5.5: https://mir.cr/BOPOAD4E (MD5: 7070099CC9AF3965C7F0B18AA36E80B6) - UPDATED 14/02/2018

Which file is the kid friendly hen? And what hen version is it? I didn't see that listed in the OP and I am still a few pages behind on this thread in general, but I did see that mention of the kid friendly hen which piqued my interest :)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed that all of your "updated" dates are 2018. I am guessing you meant 2019? :)

LATEST V1.5.5: https://mir.cr/BOPOAD4E (MD5: 7070099CC9AF3965C7F0B18AA36E80B6) - UPDATED 14/02/2018

Which file is the kid friendly hen? And what hen version is it? I didn't see that listed in the OP and I am still a few pages behind on this thread in general, but I did see that mention of the kid friendly hen which piqued my interest :)

Whoops typo :)

Pure hen (HEN1.8+VR auto cache, auto load) isn’t on here yet, I tweeted it out (here: https://www.mirrored.to/files/QYQZQ1BL/PURE_HEN.zip_links) was going to make some adjustments but now CB’s quickhen is out, I’m hoping for quickhen+VR as the 4.74-5.07 solution.

Eta: whenever it’s done :P

Jaisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pardon me, I'm still quite the noob when it comes to the PS4 stuff..

I'm curious why none of the linux payloads in this work for me, when trying to boot psxitarch linux v2, but https://psxita.it/linux-loader works every time?

I assume they are different payloads, but since this seems to be such a fantastic AIO kit, I'm wondering why the linux-loader on their site isn't part of it.

Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help/advice anyone can offer. :)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious why none of the linux payloads in this work for me, when trying to boot psxitarch linux v2, but https://psxita.it/linux-loader works every time?

I assume they are different payloads, but since this seems to be such a fantastic AIO kit, I'm wondering why the linux-loader on their site isn't part of it.

Their linux loader is the 2GB vram one iirc, that's the standard loader.

I know yesterday they mentioned on twitter that a revised version is in the works, but I'm unsure if its released yet.

We tried to include all the current payloads (4 of them, 1gbvram, 2gbvram, 3gbvram, and noedid 2gbvram), if a new one emerges we will add it.

Have you tested each of them individually?

EDIT: I noticed that page you linked auto caches, have you cached X-Project before use?

Last edited by KiiWii,

Jaisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I tried all versions in X-Project and always had the same result. It just wouldn't boot. (This is about a week ago, so any changes they're making or have made in the last few days wouldn't apply).

I didn't get the OOM error or anything, it would say it worked, reboot the ps4, and then just hang. Acting exactly as their payload does, except after about 10 seconds, their payload would actually boot linux.

I have tried everything (except theirs) cached, and had the same result. The only thing that has worked is using their loader and I have given the ps4 online access (with blocked updates and the dns servers from your awesome guide in the tut's section).

I figured it would all be the same payload, and frankly I'm happy it works at all.

But I did assume your AIO would have the same payload, and it really makes me wonder why I have to use that URL for it to work.

Please don't think this is a complaint or anything of the sort. I'm just a techie guy and like to understand what's going on, so when something doesn't make sense, it makes me wonder. I am very appreciative of the help folks like yourself provide to folks like myself to get the most out of our systems.

Last edited by Jaisun,
Reactions: KiiWii

Mr_Lucky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hey chaps, I am having issues with the avatar inject

I have tried via USB and ftp but I still don't see the change after rebooting my ps4

Is there a specific guide out there, eg..
do the pictures need to be a specific / name / format / size etc.

Steps I have followed are...

Run avatar dump
Copy dump files into new folder called Avatar_Inject
Copy images (jpg + dds) into the respective profile folders alongside the json file.

Run avatar inject
Get success message
Reboot ps4
Nada

I also tried via ftp renaming the image file to avatar360 with and without the dds extension but still nothing

Thanx in advance

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey chaps, I am having issues with the avatar inject

I have tried via USB and ftp but I still don't see the change after rebooting my ps4

Is there a specific guide out there, eg..
do the pictures need to be a specific / name / format / size etc.

Steps I have followed are...

Run avatar dump
Copy dump files into new folder called Avatar_Inject
Copy images (jpg + dds) into the respective profile folders alongside the json file.

Run avatar inject
Get success message
Reboot ps4
Nada

I also tried via ftp renaming the image file to avatar360 with and without the dds extension but still nothing

Thanx in advance

I have tested both the dumper and the injector and they both worked fine for me.
Maybe the files you are using are bad.
Here is a working set that I use.

Try with these and let us know how you get on.:)

EDIT: Make sure the Avatar_Inject folder is on the root of your USB and the avatar files are in YOUR specific profile-number folder.
e.g mine is like this:
Avatar_Inject\0x19BC2209\avatar.png, avatar64.dds...........etc

Attachments

61.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: KiiWii and Mr_Lucky

Mr_Lucky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
EDIT: Make sure the Avatar_Inject folder is on the root of your USB and the avatar files are in YOUR specific profile-number folder.
e.g mine is like this:
Avatar_Inject\0x19BC2209\avatar.png, avatar64.dds...........etc

Thank you, these are working, exactly what I needed to troubleshoot and possibly create my own images

Thanx again [emoji106]

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, these are working, exactly what I needed to troubleshoot and possibly create my own images

Thanx again [emoji106]

Glad you got it working.:)

To create your own avatar files make a set with the same dimensions and format as in the example I sent and you will be fine.
You can use this website to convert png to DDS:
https://www.aconvert.com/image/

so you will need to make the following:

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: Mr_Lucky and KiiWii

Mr_Lucky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Glad you got it working.:)

To create your own avatar files make a set with the same dimensions and format as in the example I sent and you will be fine.
You can use this website to convert png to DDS:
https://www.aconvert.com/image/

so you will need to make the following:
Thank you very much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1