Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So I'm guessing I use nndupatcher to go on eshop so i can repair it? Because I've been downloading some games and then I see that the file size doesn't match what's on wii usb helper. Plus I think that's what's been causing my wii u to crap and and black screen saying there is a problem with the hard drive.
No this only applies to 3ds games.
I'm sad dude!!!
I downloaded a lot of games. Many of then just wont run (stuck at nintendo 3DS screen).
But why the same .cia from internet runs and from Wii U USB helper wont?

There is no way to fix .cia after downloaded?
That's because the cias you download online have been manually patched, which is not possible without using a hacked 3ds to decrypt it in the first place.

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: Redirr

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that there is a pack/unpack option, but how do I get it to actually pack. I'm trying to use this to apply mods.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that there is a pack/unpack option, but how do I get it to actually pack. I'm trying to use this to apply mods.
That's not what it's for. The option will Unpack a Wii U game for Loadiine use, or Pack a 3DS one into a CIA. You have to remember that "Wii U" USB Helper supports two different platforms now because... well, it made sense to the developer.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's not what it's for. The option will Unpack a Wii U game for Loadiine use, or Pack a 3DS one into a CIA. You have to remember that "Wii U" USB Helper supports two different platforms now because... well, it made sense to the developer.
Well some people wanted to be able to download and store 3ds games on their computer. I surely didn't want to make a completely separate app just for that so I just added the feature as an extra. The app is still majoritarily used for WiiU so it kept its name.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just added the feature as an extra.
As you improve the 3DS support, there are more questions being raised by it. I think the gui could do a better job of letting people know what goes with what. For example, the menu option that brought up this latest question says "Pack/Unpack (Loadiine or CIA)". At the least, wouldn't "Pack/Unpack (CIA/Loadiine)" or "Pack->CIA Unpack->Loadiine" make more sense? (Better would be to use the game type to adjust the menu, or split the two and disable them based on the game type, like you do for Download DLC.) Aside from Pack/Unpack, there's the red and blue boxes that people doesn't seem to understand, and we get the downstream problems of people trying to load 3DS games on Wii U just because they came from this program.

I know that you expect people to know what they're doing, and it's not your fault that they don't, but when yours is the program that most people refer new users to, they need whatever help the gui can give.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
As you improve the 3DS support, there are more questions being raised by it. I think the gui could do a better job of letting people know what goes with what. For example, the menu option that brought up this latest question says "Pack/Unpack (Loadiine or CIA)". At the least, wouldn't "Pack/Unpack (CIA/Loadiine)" or "Pack->CIA Unpack->Loadiine" make more sense? (Better would be to use the game type to adjust the menu, or split the two and disable them based on the game type, like you do for Download DLC.) Aside from Pack/Unpack, there's the red and blue boxes that people doesn't seem to understand, and we get the downstream problems of people trying to load 3DS games on Wii U just because they came from this program.

I know that you expect people to know what they're doing, and it's not your fault that they don't, but when yours is the program that most people refer new users to, they need whatever help the gui can give.
Yeah sure. I didn't really know it was causing that much confusion but I'll make some adjustemnts in that case.

Reactions: nexusmtz

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i have trouble finding back to bed game on wii u usb helper. My region is Eu. To my knowledge this game should be on the shop for Eu region.this is for wii u.

Second question is about 3ds. Can you use tge downloaded games with gateway3ds card directly, without changing any files?

Any help is much appreciated.thanks

Last edited by pudink,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello, i have trouble finding back to bed game on wii u usb helper. My region is Eu. To my knowledge this game should be on the shop for Eu region.this is for wii u.

Second question is about 3ds. Can you use tge downloaded games with gateway3ds card directly, without changing any files?

Any help is much appreciated.thanks
Regarding back to bed only the usa ticket is available at the moment.

I'm not super knowledgeable about Gateway3ds but I believe one would have to convert the .cia to .3ds first, which I believe is quite tricky but again I don't know much about the 3ds so correct me if I'm mistaken.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just a heads up for everyone.
That title key site on which the app relies appears to be down for some people.
I am not the owner of the site and cannot therefore tell you when the issue will be resolved.
Thank you all for your understanding.

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: Piklz

mflvs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didnt know where to post this:

Hi, I just donated the other week and went to click the link for donator list and enter nickname, but got an error . This transaction id is not in the database.

Thanks (If this is not the place to post this just say)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Didnt know where to post this:

Hi, I just donated the other week and went to click the link for donator list and enter nickname, but got an error . This transaction id is not in the database.

Thanks (If this is not the place to post this just say)
No problem, I will contact you by pm.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a heads up for everyone.
That title key site on which the app relies appears to be down for some people.
I am not the owner of the site and cannot therefore tell you when the issue will be resolved.
Thank you all for your understanding.

Looks like you just released an update that worked around this problem? (manually editing the hosts file :D) quick question though - will this be permanent or once the domain is back up, the change will be reverted?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Looks like you just released an update that worked around this problem? (manually editing the hosts file :D) quick question though - will this be permanent or once the domain is back up, the change will be reverted?
For now the change is permanent since the patch was made in a rush to fix the issue. But it will probably be reverted in a future update when everything is back to normal.

Reactions: Nomelas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUbaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJz