[RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by nitr8, Nov 19, 2014.

1. PacDan16

PacDan16 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    United States
    If you could you please visit my question involving MMDM and Wii-DOOM, that would mean a lot. You can find it within my profile. Thanks. It has to do with Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.

Last edited by PacDan16, Feb 28, 2018
  2. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    The Megaman TC is not meant for the source ports that this is make from. You'll need something like zDOOM or gzDOOM on a PC to run it proper.

3. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    HI, I feel your pain,man!

For some pain relieve you could use prboom om Retroarch, it has support for Scanlines ( somewhat )

4. gjk-23__

gjk-23__ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    I'm guessing a third party pro controller doesn't work for this because the analog sticks don't work to move and strafe but everything else works. Official Pro controllers are hard to come by these days.

5. rayabusa

rayabusa Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    Brazil
    Hexen is the only game that doesnt work for me, tried WADS from all places, 1.0, 1.1, no clue... only black screen after my wii front led tuns blue for a while. Do you guys have any idea?

6. rogerioronin

rogerioronin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Jandira, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  7. rayabusa

rayabusa Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    Brazil
    Valeu Rogério, acompanho o site de vcs mas não sabia que tinha isso lá!

8. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    I really wish someone would pick up this code, but alas, no one with the know how has the passion or time. Was amazing and only getting better...

9. gjk-23__

gjk-23__ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    Yea same here. Doesn't work for me either.

10. nitrate

nitrate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2012
    United States
    I will take a look at this...

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Tarmfot likes this.
  11. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    BTW, that message came from myself. I just bought another Wii. Will take a look into that HEXEN problem very soon.

I would appreciate a Wii DevKit too (NDEV RVT-001). But the last one was sold on eBay...

Last edited by nitr8, Aug 4, 2018
  12. boomerang42

boomerang42 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2013
    United States
    Hey, it's great to see you're back. I was wondering if you were planning to write build instructions sometime? I wanted to make a version a long time ago that would let you map strafe to shoulders R/L or ZR/ZL, and turning + forward/backward to left analog. That's the way I grew up playing Doom games on console (both SNES Doom and Doom 64 controlled that way). I find any other control scheme for playing Doom on a controller to just feel wrong no matter how much I try.

Probably a couple years ago now I thought I might know how I could make that change if I could get it to build in the first place. I thought it would be simpler than trying to bug you when you were super busy with a new kid. But I realized at the time that I had no idea what version of what dependencies were needed. I never succeed in getting it to build back then, so I couldn't even test if what I thought I could do to get that control scheme in would work or not.

I don't suppose there's any chance you would be willing to put in a way of binding the controls that way? For some years now I've wanted to play that way and I would be so grateful if you were.

13. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Amazing things may happen here soon.

You just wait... [​IMG]

Tarmfot and markehmus like this.
  14. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States

Seriously?! Did someone buy it for you, or did you have to spend your own cash? That's awesome!

15. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    That's no joke or anything else like that. I got hold of such a device and it's on the way to me since this morning.

Now I'm waiting for it's arrival.

I will see what I can do with it.

The thing is: it's complete with all the accessories. If you are interested in the price: it costs me about 670 Euros (no taxes included). I still have to pay custom fees. So after all, it will be about ~900 euros.

16. nitr8
    OP

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    This is the actual package I'm talking about. One more image is added as prove that it is on the way to it's destination. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Voxel likes this.
  17. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    That is very very very awesome!

18. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    Wow! Cool!

19. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    Itz possible to make these ports run on WiiU gamepad?

XDel likes this.
  20. gjk-23__

gjk-23__ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    nitr8 Don't know if you could do this but could you make a version of Wolfenstein 3D for the Wii? I know there is one already available but it's unfinished. If doesn't have music or some other sounds, it doesn't support classic controller, the wiimote with nun chuck controls are bad. It looks like the creator of that is done and hasn't updated it in 3 years.