Homebrew [RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

TheDimensioner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't find a service manual online for it. The original remote is dead too.

I don't think I'd want to risk messing up the tv anyway. Hopefully something can be added to the ports so that overscan isn't an issue. An option to shift the text messages down one line would be enough, for example.

Yeah, that's the tough part about CRT's XD. If you want them to look perfect, you have to dig deep into their guts so that the image looks right for your game console. I have 4 sets here at home: 14", 21" and two 29", aside from 2 17" CRT PC monitors. Most are LG branded, which are easy to enter the service menu, simply by pressing "MENU" on both the remote and the set at the same time. And luckily, one remote works on them all.

crazyduck8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but does anyone have links to the updated doom/heretic/hexen releases? The last 3 links on the first post seem to be invalid now.

Reactions: Jayro

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: Tototi

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice, someone bumped the topic. I didn't dare doing it, as I have a (probably) silly question.

First, the port is awesome, everything running flawlessly (WiiDoom here).

Using .ogg files works like a charm too (converted to 32Khz), but it seems loading any pwad disables the ogg feature (the setting reverts to opl, and the .mus files are read instead).

Is it the normal behaviour? (I suppose to, as the iwad is considered as modified when loading any pwad alongside, therefore reading ogg files is not possible anymore?)

That was the silly question. ^^

PS: the only thing missing is a button setting for "Toggle Automap Follow ON/OFF" (F key on PC). I would like to bind it to D-Pad Up (for example), so I could still pan the automap and/or moving when needed (currently, I turn off the Follow mode in the game settings to be able to pan the automap, but then I can't move on it).
But that's a nitpicky problem. Not a big deal. But still. :P

Thanks again for this great app!

Last edited by Ouaz,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I cannot get Heretic and Hexen to work with your version. It complains about the RESOURCE PWAD ("psp....wad") that is missing. Doom is working fine.

I did a Fresh install and still the same happens. If I resinstall original port of those games, they work as expected.

Please note than I am on vWii.

Any Idea ? (folders, file names, "psp....wad"... are untouched and are in the same place as your archive).

Michae_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii hexen is not working for me I use SD and I only have the hexen 1.1 wad at my disposal it always crashes past the wad select at a black screen with the disk led being dim and I tried to leave it I even left it for a weekend nothing at all

TheFVguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I still need a classic controller?
Everything seems to work, but my gamecube or my wii controller doesn't work with navigating the app.

Reactions: Sukid

uberwolf6688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can echo those above that say Heretic and Hexen do not work. Newest versions complain about the PSP wad file being missing. I was able to get Heretic to work by downloading an older version, but Hexen no matter what will not start. Disc drive lights up blue and it does nothing.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm interested in adding a little work on the Doom app so that people who aren't as tech-literate can boot into the game automatically just by clicking the app. Might add Gamecube controller support too.

Is the source code available for these anywhere?

Reactions: Tototi

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey I'm interested in adding a little work on the Doom app so that people who aren't as tech-literate can boot into the game automatically just by clicking the app. Might add Gamecube controller support too.

RetroArch's PrBoom does just that, just load any Doom.wad and it'll load as long as it's compatible within the Wii's memory limit. It supports GameCube controller right away, and you can customize inputs within RetroArch's settings.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Kirby6417

Tototi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It would be great

Maybe here you will find what you are looking for: https://github.com/derek57?tab=repositories

Last edited by Tototi,
Reactions: Kirby6417

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry I let @HiradeGirl get into my alcohol