Homebrew [RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Try deleting the "wii-hexen" directory and use the one from the current release (R33). Tell me if that solves your situation.

Or just delete the config file.

I download a fresh copy of r33, I only keep my IWAD folder, everything else is new.
The app detects Hexen as a valid wad, it says Hexen 1.0, after that I press +/start and goes black screen... maybe is the Hexen version?

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I download a fresh copy of r33, I only keep my IWAD folder, everything else is new.
The app detects Hexen as a valid wad, it says Hexen 1.0, after that I press +/start and goes black screen... maybe is the Hexen version?

No. Hexen 1.0 IWAD support is added. I will have a look at it.

Edit:

I didn't have any issues with HEXEN.WAD v1.0. What's your setup?: USB stick, USB hard drive or SD card?

I deleted everything here as well and tried again: didn't have any freeze. :-/

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Launched from SD, Wii U
I tested with hexen.wad v1.1, checked the md5 it's a good dump.
I load hexen.wad as IWAD. No PWAD, or other file. Press start/+ goes black screen.
My folder structure:
Code:
sd:/apps/WiiHexen/boot.dol (r33)
                meta.xml (r33)
                psphexen.wad (r33)
                icon.png
                IWAD/hexen.wad
                PWAD
md5: abb033caf81e26f12a2103e1fa25453f
I don't have "convert" folder in root, neither config files.
Have the exact folder structure in WiiDoom, and WiiHeretic.
:/

BTW, it creates a savegame folder in WiiHexen, but I haven't created any save, since I can't play :P

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Launched from SD, Wii U
I tested with hexen.wad v1.1, checked the md5 it's a good dump.
I load hexen.wad as IWAD. No PWAD, or other file. Press start/+ goes black screen.
My folder structure:
Code:
sd:/apps/WiiHexen/boot.dol (r33)
                meta.xml (r33)
                psphexen.wad (r33)
                icon.png
                IWAD/hexen.wad
                PWAD
md5: abb033caf81e26f12a2103e1fa25453f
I don't have "convert" folder in root, neither config files.
Have the exact folder structure in WiiDoom, and WiiHeretic.
:/

BTW, it creates a savegame folder in WiiHexen, but I haven't created any save, since I can't play :P

Looks like there are still flaws with the Wii U itself. USB and SD support do definitely work flawlessly when using a normal Wii. Though, i'm still unsure about OPL music and SD cards. There might still be flaws.

I will be looking in the Wii U SD card problem. Got a Wii U laying around here.

Edit:

Well, i checked all of the ports with deleting the savegames directory as well as the config files. The games did boot up without any problem - all of them using a SD-card as well as USB-drive (on a Wii-U's vWii mode).

Did you run the game from the HBC or did you use the forwarder? I for myself run them using the HBC. If you did run them using the forwarder, then you may need to update them. Try running the port from the HBC.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK guys, i need your help.

I'm not sure if anyone of you realized another thread created by me:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-request-sdlnet-library-with-working-udp-support.386408/

I made this one as a result of missing network support for these four games. What i need is the SDLnet library with working UDP support for the Wii or just the source code but with UDP already working on the Wii.

Chocolate DOOM which is the source for the ports created by me, already includes basic support to communicate with the SDLnet library over the UDP protocol. But without a working SDLnet library for the Wii, it will never become a reality.

If you know someone who is able to port SDLnet with UDP working to the Wii then multiplayer for these games could become a reality. That is one of my big last goals for these ports.

Thanks in advance.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nitr8, I don't know if this might help or not since I don't know if the SDL Net src is right due to my lack of knowledge:
http://code.google.com/p/sdl-wii/source/browse/#svn/trunk/SDL_net/src

Nope, I already got hold of that. All I can get to work is the console itself initializing network, grab an IP and when entering that IP plus port into Firefox within the same network, it does respond depending on what code you use for testing. The problem is that we need UDP support. TCP won't work. Chocolate's network code is written on UDP basis. As long as we don't get UDP to work, networking won't ever happen. :(

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, I already got hold of that. All I can get to work is the console itself initializing network, grab an IP and when entering that IP plus port into Firefox within the same network, it does respond depending on what code you use for testing. The problem is that we need UDP support. TCP won't work. Chocolate's network code is written on UDP basis. As long as we don't get UDP to work, networking won't ever happen. :(
Damn. :/
I'll see if I can find anything else.
I think some of the Quake Wii ports have network connection, although I don't think they use UDP for that.
I'll get a look at it

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn. :/
I'll see if I can find anything else.
I think some of the Quake Wii ports have network connection, although I don't think they use UDP for that.
I'll get a look at it

I even got hold of the Quake Wii port and as far as I can remember, it uses UDP. BUT: it's arbitrary network code (no use of SDL at all) which means that (only for the fact you would use that) it would require a massive change to the code that Chocolate already has implemented. :confused:

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Looks like there are still flaws with the Wii U itself. USB and SD support do definitely work flawlessly when using a normal Wii. Though, i'm still unsure about OPL music and SD cards. There might still be flaws.

I will be looking in the Wii U SD card problem. Got a Wii U laying around here.

Edit:

Well, i checked all of the ports with deleting the savegames directory as well as the config files. The games did boot up without any problem - all of them using a SD-card as well as USB-drive (on a Wii-U's vWii mode).

Did you run the game from the HBC or did you use the forwarder? I for myself run them using the HBC. If you did run them using the forwarder, then you may need to update them. Try running the port from the HBC.

I run it through HBC, the savegames directory creates itself upon boot? You don't need play first?
I'm a lost what's going on :unsure:
Can you check the md5 for hexen.wad that I posted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill