OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

most of the people on this forum don't know me of course - not even the work on my homebrew projects for the Wii (DOOM, Heretic, Hexen and Strife).

I'd like to do this request for the reason to see my ports of those four games support network gameplay. My ports are based on the Chocolate DOOM engine which uses SDL and the UDP protocol for network games. Everything is set up and only needs SDLnet with a working UDP protocol in order to do multiplayer.

I for myself don't have any knowledge about the Wii's networking technology nor networking itself. If someone is able to port SDLnet with UDP working to the Wii, then this could become a reality: DOOM, Heretic, Hexen and even Strife multiplayer on the Wii. Using arbitrary Wii network code inside my projects would require massive code changes. That's not my intention and may cause more bugs than one could possibly imagine. The Chocolate DOOM SDL code is pretty stable and it should be kept that way.

If there's someone who feels able to do this then I would just need the source code to compile it as I have a working devkitPro set up since I'm working continuously on my projects. I'm also thinking about a donation to get this one missing goal done.

Thanks in advance, nitr8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk