[Release] VirtuaNES for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bubble2k16, Mar 23, 2017.

1. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    It's less than that as I have the whole unzipped USA romset on my NES Mini(only has 300mb of usable space) and still have some space leftover.

2. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    You might be right, but for people like me who want to have all the homebrew and emulators with all their romsets, zip is a good way to keep 'em all on a small space. Shouldn't be hard to add zip support imo.

HTC 10 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

3. bubble2k16
    OP

bubble2k16 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2016
    Senegal
    Glad you liked it. :)

For GBA, it's better to use VC. No plans for GB/GBC now. My work is cut out for me for TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis next. And after that... I'll probably move on to other things.

You are right, it's not that hard... but I've had problems hooking up the code here and there until I eventually gave up. :shy: So for now, the fly is going to be open for a while.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

v0.92 Released

- Migrated some mappers from VirtuaNES Up (thank you dragon2snow, and authors of VirtualNES Plus)
    - The following mappers are fixed: 0, 15, 16, 25, 27, 58, 62, 74, 83, 111, 163, 187, 193, 194, 199, 241
    - Added Mapper 28, 35, 36, 120, 156, 162, 170, 175, 206, 209, 211, 216, 220, 253
    - Fixed rendering problem with Mother (J) and Marble Madness
    - Detect and auto-patch correct header numbers for certain ROMs (database of corrected mapping for ROMs taken from FCEUX)
    - Games that are now working on this version:
    > Final Fantasy VII Demake (both English / Chinese versions)
    > DBZ RPG 2/3 (English)
    > Donkey Kong Country 4
    > Super Contra 3
    > Super Samurai Spirits 2
    > Action 53
    > Probably a few others.
    - Added settings to allow players to switch between global/local config for audio, button mapping and rapid fire.

1.24 MB virtuanes_3ds-v0.92.zip

Last edited by bubble2k16, Jun 12, 2017
  4. ArtemisM

ArtemisM Kupo for Kupo Nuts

Apr 14, 2010
    United States
    Hallelujah. Thanks for that

BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  5. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    That's alright. Didn't think it could be that big problem. I'm ok with this now. Thank you very much. ;)

6. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Awwww damn, and I just updated VirtuaNES yesterday with the beta from 2 pages ago. xD

7. tiezi

tiezi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for v0.92 Released - Lagrange Point chip VRC7 audio fix future...

Last edited by tiezi, Jun 12, 2017
  8. YoshiKart

YoshiKart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    This would also be appreciated. It was one of my favorite features in nesDS. Wondering if this is possible with the way this emulator is programmed.

9. Batin

Batin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2017
    Venezuela
    @bubble2k16 I can play multiplayer with 2 3ds? with local download play or something?
    or are you make this possible in the future?

10. CrazyMaxx

CrazyMaxx GAMER

Nov 13, 2015
    Germany
    I love your Emulators !!! I can play NES and SNES on my 2DS... at last we need a GBA Old emulator :D

11. Krem Quay

Krem Quay Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    @bubble2k16 Hi, would you like to add support for the Slim Station games, which were dumped by Team-Europe a few years ago? They're listed at the bottom of the 2015 Year Dumps on CaH4e3's website.

12. spectrum3

spectrum3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2005
  13. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Argentina
    No funciona... probé con un par de emuladores (incluso el virtuanes para 3ds) y me aparece pantalla negra

EDIT: Sorry, that was for a PM... my mistake

Last edited by tatundria, Jun 29, 2017
  14. Mr.Faq2015

Mr.Faq2015 /ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/

Oct 24, 2015
    Argentina
    Rhizome 9
    @tatundria refrain from posting in Spanish, it's against the rules. Post in English.
    Aside from that, what emulators are you trying to use? Make sure you have everything set up properly

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

15. M.Prower

M.Prower Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2011
    United States
    Eugene, OR
    I just wanted to say thank you for this! This is the best emulator I have found so far on the 3ds.

However 2 of my favorite NES games still have some minor issues. If you could take a look at them on your next pass maybe?

StarTropics 1 and 2 both have some garbage flicker on the lower UI. StarTropics 1 more so than 2, but it's there on 2 as well.
    StarTropics 1 also has some minor audio distortion, some of the sounds seem to be playing at a slightly higher pitch than they should.

Examples of UI glitching here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wemdha8bzut2wdy/StarTropics.png?dl=0

If this could be fixed, this would be the best thing ever. The only thing I feel this emulator is missing is custom color pallete support. I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys the playchoice 10 color pallete.

16. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    Call me crazy but is a GBC version based on Gameyob possible? This interface is very cool

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Jul 8, 2017
  17. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Hm. The closest thing i can think about is Goomba Color an Gameboy/ Gameboy Color Emulator for the GBA.:huh:

18. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    Yes but Gameyob is ported to 3DS (from DS) and makes the job easier... I think lol

19. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Porting Gameyob to the gbc with its 32kb ram plus 16kb vram would prove to be an daunting task. Wonder if it could be possible? I´m no coder but i´m certain the programm must be written in assembly to get any kind of decent performance. Neods pulled it off and plays Games that even the Wii can´t.

20. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Why would you run a GBC emulator on a GBC in the first place?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted