Homebrew [Release] VirtuaNES for 3DS

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel like it really needs it. I mean a full US set of NES roms is under ~500MB if I remember correctly! Not a whole lot of space would really be saved using zips.
It's less than that as I have the whole unzipped USA romset on my NES Mini(only has 300mb of usable space) and still have some space leftover.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't feel like it really needs it. I mean a full US set of NES roms is under ~500MB if I remember correctly! Not a whole lot of space would really be saved using zips.
You might be right, but for people like me who want to have all the homebrew and emulators with all their romsets, zip is a good way to keep 'em all on a small space. Shouldn't be hard to add zip support imo.

HTC 10 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@bubble2k16 Friend, thanks you for this great emulator, i love the NES! You have plans to add multiplayer with 2 3ds on download play on the future? (sorry 4 my bad english) i wanna play some games with my sister (we have 2 o3ds) like Monster in my pocket , contra or Trog!

Thanks you too much c:

Glad you liked it. :)

Are you going to make this for gb/gba/snes?
You saved NES on 3ds for me this is the must have homebrew app

For GBA, it's better to use VC. No plans for GB/GBC now. My work is cut out for me for TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis next. And after that... I'll probably move on to other things.

You might be right, but for people like me who want to have all the homebrew and emulators with all their romsets, zip is a good way to keep 'em all on a small space. Shouldn't be hard to add zip support imo.

HTC 10 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

You are right, it's not that hard... but I've had problems hooking up the code here and there until I eventually gave up. :shy: So for now, the fly is going to be open for a while.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

v0.92 Released

- Migrated some mappers from VirtuaNES Up (thank you dragon2snow, and authors of VirtualNES Plus)
- The following mappers are fixed: 0, 15, 16, 25, 27, 58, 62, 74, 83, 111, 163, 187, 193, 194, 199, 241
- Added Mapper 28, 35, 36, 120, 156, 162, 170, 175, 206, 209, 211, 216, 220, 253
- Fixed rendering problem with Mother (J) and Marble Madness
- Detect and auto-patch correct header numbers for certain ROMs (database of corrected mapping for ROMs taken from FCEUX)
- Games that are now working on this version:
> Final Fantasy VII Demake (both English / Chinese versions)
> DBZ RPG 2/3 (English)
> Donkey Kong Country 4
> Super Contra 3
> Super Samurai Spirits 2
> Action 53
> Probably a few others.
- Added settings to allow players to switch between global/local config for audio, button mapping and rapid fire.

1.24 MB virtuanes_3ds-v0.92.zip

Last edited by bubble2k16,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

For GBA, it's better to use VC. No plans for GB/GBC now. My work is cut out for me for TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis next. And after that... I'll probably move on to other things.

You are right, it's not that hard... but I've had problems hooking up the code here and there until I eventually gave up. :shy: So for now, the fly is going to be open for a while.

v0.92 Released

- Migrated some mappers from VirtuaNES Up (thank you dragon2snow, and authors of VirtualNES Plus)
- The following mappers are fixed: 0, 15, 16, 25, 27, 58, 62, 74, 83, 111, 163, 187, 193, 194, 199, 241
- Added Mapper 28, 35, 36, 120, 156, 162, 170, 175, 206, 209, 211, 216, 220, 253
- Detect and auto-patch correct header numbers for certain ROMs (database of corrected mapping for ROMs taken from FCEUX)
> DBZ RPG 2/3 (English)
> Donkey Kong Country 4
> Super Contra 3
> Action 53
> Probably a few others.
- Added settings to allow players to switch between global/local config for audio, button mapping and rapid fire.

That's alright. Didn't think it could be that big problem. I'm ok with this now. Thank you very much. ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

v0.92 Released

> DBZ RPG 2/3 (English)
> Donkey Kong Country 4
> Super Contra 3
> Action 53
> Probably a few others.

Awwww damn, and I just updated VirtuaNES yesterday with the beta from 2 pages ago. xD

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive seen in the emu for PSP that their nes emu had a rewind mode. which made the game undo up to a certain amount of frames and input. Would anything like that be possible for the 3ds nes emu?

This would also be appreciated. It was one of my favorite features in nesDS. Wondering if this is possible with the way this emulator is programmed.

Krem Quay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bubble2k16 Hi, would you like to add support for the Slim Station games, which were dumped by Team-Europe a few years ago? They're listed at the bottom of the 2015 Year Dumps on CaH4e3's website.

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No funciona... probé con un par de emuladores (incluso el virtuanes para 3ds) y me aparece pantalla negra

EDIT: Sorry, that was for a PM... my mistake

Last edited by tatundria,

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@tatundria refrain from posting in Spanish, it's against the rules. Post in English.
Aside from that, what emulators are you trying to use? Make sure you have everything set up properly

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say thank you for this! This is the best emulator I have found so far on the 3ds.

However 2 of my favorite NES games still have some minor issues. If you could take a look at them on your next pass maybe?

StarTropics 1 and 2 both have some garbage flicker on the lower UI. StarTropics 1 more so than 2, but it's there on 2 as well.
StarTropics 1 also has some minor audio distortion, some of the sounds seem to be playing at a slightly higher pitch than they should.

Examples of UI glitching here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wemdha8bzut2wdy/StarTropics.png?dl=0

If this could be fixed, this would be the best thing ever. The only thing I feel this emulator is missing is custom color pallete support. I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys the playchoice 10 color pallete.

D

Deleted User

Hm. The closest thing i can think about is Goomba Color an Gameboy/ Gameboy Color Emulator for the GBA.:huh:

D

Deleted User

Porting Gameyob to the gbc with its 32kb ram plus 16kb vram would prove to be an daunting task. Wonder if it could be possible? I´m no coder but i´m certain the programm must be written in assembly to get any kind of decent performance. Neods pulled it off and plays Games that even the Wii can´t.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porting Gameyob to the gbc with its 32kb ram plus 16kb vram would prove to be an daunting task. Wonder if it could be possible? I´m no coder but i´m certain the programm must be written in assembly to get any kind of decent performance. Neods pulled it off and plays Games that even the Wii can´t.
Why would you run a GBC emulator on a GBC in the first place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: