ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible where you can make it that everytime yo go onto a new page you start at the top. It gets annoying scrolling through several pages and start at the bottom because you were at the bottom of the last page.
Thank you, I noticed this problem too. I'll do something about it soon.
For some reason I can't download a proper cia file, I only get the raw files, is there something I'm missing? albeit I've only tested this with two games, but got the same results, btw, I'm using the Mac OS release.
Maybe something's wrong with the make_cdn_cia file. Could you check the make_cdn_cia file inside the 'base directory' (default is ~/Villain3DS/), make sure it is not 0kB, and try to make the file executable by running chmod +x command?
So far I am having problem with just this title Super Mario World™ ALL (000400000f700e00)
This is the first time have used this program and I really like it.
Is the problem similar to the post you quoted (downloaded instantaneously like 5 sec after clicking download button)?
Where can I get the MD5 checksum to check against games downloaded from vanilla3DS?
Afaik the cia checksum can still be different. If I'm right USB helper and Villain3DS/Funkeycia never produce the same cias. The important thing is the checksum of content files inside the cia, and FBI can do that hash check.
The new downloader is pretty fast and useful, but it is not very stable yet. I've discovered some new bugs myself, eg: in some rare situation, pausing and resuming make the downloading content corrupted. Pretty annoying, but if you let it download from start to finish it should be fine. I'll try to get it fixed soon along with other stuffs, for now I'm currently busy with university exams :rofl:.

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I noticed this problem too. I'll do something about it soon.

Maybe something's wrong with the make_cdn_cia file. Could you check the make_cdn_cia file inside the 'base directory' (default is ~/Villain3DS/), make sure it is not 0kB, and try to make the file executable by running chmod +x command?

Is the problem similar to the post you quoted (downloaded instantaneously like 5 sec after clicking download button)?

Edit: No, it downloaded normally and finished and nothing out of the ordinary i noticed.

Afaik the cia checksum can still be different. If I'm right USB helper and Villain3DS/Funkeycia never produce the same cias. The important thing is the checksum of content files inside the cia, and FBI can do that hash check.
The new downloader is pretty fast and useful, but it is not very stable yet. I've discovered some new bugs myself, eg: in some rare situation, pausing and resuming make the downloading content corrupted. Pretty annoying, but if you let it download from start to finish it should be fine. I'll try to get it fixed soon along with other stuffs, for now I'm currently busy with university exams :rofl:.

I have some requests:
1. batch download?
2. do not overwrite files in your cias dir
3. close the download dialog after successful download.

Thanks for your hard work.

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It worked, thank you! I didn't know I had to convert it into an executable, one done it all worked fine and dandy, thanks a ton, oh! and merry christmas :3

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey @tranxuanthang question not sure if i missed this in the previous 14 pages, but for some reason CIA's downloaded with this aren't recognized by freeshop in terms of being installed or getting updates and dlc's, is that a freeshop issue or villain issue? do you want me to open an issue on your GitHub source? and also would it be possible to release your sources on GitHub also without having to get it form google drive, just seems like it would be more convenient

Alain Desjardins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really like the idea of this. I had to setup 3 New 2DS XLs for Christmas and downloading a few games was the slowest thing ever. I was able to download a 1gb game in less than 30 seconds (versus 20 minutes on my 3ds) with my internet connection speed. The only thing I can think of is to sort games with the same flags as freeshop to remove all the virtual console stuff and allow to select multiple titles to queue a bunch of them so I can click a bunch and download them... although that's not so important because once they are downloaded then i don't really have to redo it.

Thanks for the hard work and quality application. There are some of us that aren't as vocal in the community that really appreciate these things even though nothing is said. I'm going to download all my favorite games to organize and archive them.

Reactions: tranxuanthang

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to download a 1gb game in less than 30 seconds (versus 20 minutes on my 3ds) with my internet connection speed.

Don't forget about the HDD->SD transfer speed and the process of installing games!

It's break time for me, so I'm working on the solution for installing games. HDD->SD transfer speed depends on your SD reader/hardware.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some requests:
1. batch download?
2. do not overwrite files in your cias dir
3. close the download dialog after successful download.

Thanks for your hard work.
I tried to make a part of the queue feature, it's possible but requires more time and it would delay the release of 0.1.0 so I decided to save it for later.
It worked, thank you! I didn't know I had to convert it into an executable, one done it all worked fine and dandy, thanks a ton, oh! and merry christmas :3
Actually you're not supposed to do the chmod. It's a known issue since 0.1.0, affects mac and linux users. Also thank you although my country doesn't celebrate the christmas day :rofl:

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed games that have alot of parts as an example theme it would not complete the download and you have to go through each file manaully and click download. After it failed the 2nd time it said file already downloaded and the file does not appear in the queue and the .cia file never gets created.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey @tranxuanthang question not sure if i missed this in the previous 14 pages, but for some reason CIA's downloaded with this aren't recognized by freeshop in terms of being installed or getting updates and dlc's, is that a freeshop issue or villain issue? do you want me to open an issue on your GitHub source? and also would it be possible to release your sources on GitHub also without having to get it form google drive, just seems like it would be more convenient
I'll look into it later. Feel free to open issues on github, it will be easier for me to manage.
Don't forget about the HDD->SD transfer speed and the process of installing games!

It's break time for me, so I'm working on the solution for installing games. HDD->SD transfer speed depends on your SD reader/hardware.
How is it going? To install the 3ds games directly from PC, I think we need to know how the system creates a <ContentID>.cmd (eg: cmd/00000001.cmd) file, especially how to create the AESMACs inside that file. Do you have a solution for this?

Alain Desjardins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For me, I have a U3 SD Card (I know it's overkill) so the transfer speed is fantastic to my SD card. I think installing the CIA is faster than installing straight from CDN but I'll have to test that and report back.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into it later. Feel free to open issues on github, it will be easier for me to manage.

How is it going? To install the 3ds games directly from PC, I think we need to know how the system creates a <ContentID>.cmd (eg: cmd/00000001.cmd) file, especially how to create the AESMACs inside that file. Do you have a solution for this?
I've got encryption/decryption working, and .cia -> .app
I currently don't have a solution for that, but I'm on break now, so I can look more into it.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be great if this could decryption the games to use with Citra. Any chance for this in the future?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually is just like pirating the game:unsure:
most pointless comment in this whole thread, what part of the name and title don't you understand? freeshop alternative but for pc >.>... which means you need

• hacked 3ds running some homebrew app or cfw
  • custom installer like fbi to install said "pirated games"
  • no moral decency to enjoy such free content as a "pirate"
but maybe that's just me :ph34r:

also there's tons of other ways besides this to get games, there's freeshop, ciangle, emulators, etc.. but meh

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SOLVED!! Very simple :)

Download the encTitleKeys.bin from that website that has Encrypted title keys and paste it and replace in the Base Directory Path (Standard is C:\Users\Usuario\Villain3DS). Your file, like mine was, is probably empty and has 0Kb.

DONE!!!

Thank you, i had the same issue. You made my day :)
And thank you tranxhuanthang for this wonderful app !

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed games that have alot of parts as an example theme it would not complete the download and you have to go through each file manaully and click download. After it failed the 2nd time it said file already downloaded and the file does not appear in the queue and the .cia file never gets created.
Yeah, before I never tested with any titles with the content parts more than 3. Some dlcs have this issue too. I'll fix this later.
It would be great if this could decryption the games to use with Citra. Any chance for this in the future?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Yes, I'll try but it will take some time.
I can't download JPN games, such as Monster Hunter (JPN version), is there any built-in filter?
Go to the config popup (cog icon) and change your prefer region to JPN or ALL, and you should see all the JPN titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1