Homebrew [Release] Video Channels Creator - Custom CIA videos for everyone!

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It says not enough memory, why? I have x GB ram.
Well, your computer probably already runs a lot of processes,
and packing the rom can take up to 2-3x it's original size.

Don't tell me you got 16GB ram.
Just go o into safe mode, and launch the .bat there.
As long as the folders are still there,
you can choose to continue with repacking, without re-depacking.

If it still doesn't work,
rename _makerom.exe to makerom.exe and try again.

I've already added a new makerom to circumnavigate that,
but I still recommend keeping your processes low.

2gb file X up to 3x = Higher than 7.6GB thats some amazing math, also where did you get the makerom from considering all version in his thread are 600kb+ and yours is 412kb some fuckery going on here.
Also the fact the way your encoding is setup is amazing, instead of directly converting the video to 400x240 as 1 file with actual encoding methods, you have literally got it set to just extract all the frames from the source and batch resize the jpgs to 400x240

You should swap this over an actual video player like i said and if you cant get Hardware decoding use Software decoding instead and just run it through the CPU , will literally be a life saver compared to whats going on now
That means we could have functional file formats / loading files from SD.
And not this disgusting CIA encoder that some how magically needs 3X the system memory of the source file

Also 3ds supports higher than 22000hz it records video at 32000hz can even do 44100hz

8970b380ccbf82580932f99df2d96341.png

files needs to me MP4
seems legit

3f66d92ebb0be4f5ed37c061d3dec909.png

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
2gb file X up to 3x = Higher than 7.6GB thats some amazing math, also where did you get the makerom from considering all version in his thread are 600kb+ and yours is 412kb some fuckery going on here.
Also the fact the way your encoding is setup is amazing, instead of directly converting the video to 400x240 as 1 file with actual encoding methods, you have literally got it set to just extract all the frames from the source and batch resize the jpgs to 400x240

You should swap this over an actual video player like i said and if you cant get Hardware decoding use Software decoding instead and just run it through the CPU , will literally be a life saver compared to whats going on now
That means we could have functional file formats / loading files from SD.
And not this disgusting CIA encoder that some how magically needs 3X the system memory of the source file

Also 3ds supports higher than 22000hz it records video at 32000hz can even do 44100hz

8970b380ccbf82580932f99df2d96341.png

files needs to me MP4
seems legit

3f66d92ebb0be4f5ed37c061d3dec909.png

Makerom is the latest commit available on repository.
Anyway i'm tired of your arrogant tone and your unconstructive criticism so, bye bye, ignore list size +1.

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
help it wont work creating the .cia

This is what happens when I run it normally
0YUqUA4.png

This is what happens when I run it in administrator mode
s94L37t.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
@Rinnegatamante thanks for this. It works perfect on my old 3ds but the same cia won't work on new. And when I went into data management to delete cia there's a cross on the icon and couldn't find it on devmenu to delete

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Makerom is the latest commit available on repository.
Anyway i'm tired of your arrogant tone and your unconstructive criticism so, bye bye, ignore list size +1.

So you make CIAs contain video via homebrew using the MJPEG codec (which btw is a 20 year old Codec)

Time to you to disregard anything i said

• Explains MJPEG is a horrible a flawed codec
  • Explains major flaws, including filesize being a major issue
  • Gave comparison files
  • Explains you could Get Better Results with a homebrew Video player even if you use Purely CPU (software decoding) (this resolves the memory issues)
  • Tells you your FFMPEG script can Convert All video formats not just (MP4) to CIA if you change the bat script
  • Tells you to directly Convert into MJPEG AVI instead of making your own FJPG extension and ruining everyone from making superior converters. This actually would result in faster encoding speeds and better file quality/size results even if the codec is really shitty
  • Tells you that the audio supports higher frequencies than 22000hz and up to 32000hz
  • Discovers INHERENT FLAW FOR MOST USERS (aka people will LITERALLY not have enough system Memory to convert Entire Movies because of the makerom requiring 3X the system memory of the video size)
  • Doesnt contribute any constructive criticism Yet has literally contributed the most to the thread.
  • Tells you making it purely run as a Redirector to a named file in the Lua Player CIA would mean your CIA would be tiny and never memory Fail as long as it relinked to the video file on SD (though may aswell make a video player homebrew at that rate)
  • Another flaw is that because the bitrate is so high its affecting your performance, pretty sure this is because MJPEG doesnt have hardware decoding.
Advantages of a homebrew video Player

• File Explorer (non of that CIA install per Video)
  • Better video support MP4/AVI/MKV (container for MP4)
  • More Space (you can encode an MP4 to be 1/10th size of MJPEG
  • Better Audio Support OGG/FLAC/MP3/AAC
  • Better Performance (if using Hardware Acceleration)
  • Equal/Better Performance (If using Software Decoding CPU only cmon guys we have ARM dual core cpus and the N3DS can utilize a faster clock)
  • Softsub Overlay via .SRT files

Sorry for being so radical for wanting to not use a 20Year old codec that wasnt developed further for good reasons, and wanting to use the one that was introduced 10 years ago and has been improving so much over the years its our standard baseline format.

Heres a Git from a PsP that could do it https://github.com/joel16/pmplayer-advance since already know how to port should be a nice base for you, and that ran off a 222MHZ cpu (333 once people could overclock em again)

You own GIT for Lua Player has MP4 Libs

help it wont work creating the .cia

This is what happens when I run it in administrator mode
s94L37t.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong

That is a flaw with the bat Script it doesnt like running in Admin mode will always display that.

Last edited by izy,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
It that mono? Last I tried with ndsp, 32000hz stereo was garbled.

ndsp can correctly reproduce audio at 32768 Hz or lower as samplerate.
Anyway, the player uses csnd:SND service (due to some little bugs dsp: DSP player still have on lpp-3ds).
Encoder will use 24000HZ stereo as default (for size reduction) but if you want to use other samplerates or mono audio, you can just edit the batch script to this line:

Code:
@ffmpeg -i ../files/video.mp4 -acodec: libvorbis -ac 2 -ar 24000 -vn temp\audio.ogg

ac stands for audiochannels (2 = stereo, 1 = mono)
ar stands for audiorate(?) which is basically samplerate setting.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"An error has ocurred, turn off your console..." What should I do? Not errors while using the program in the PC came up, or at least I don't remember them. I'm using 0xFFFFFF as ID.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
"An error has ocurred, turn off your console..." What should I do? Not errors while using the program in the PC came up, or at least I don't remember them. I'm using 0xFFFFFF as ID.

I suggest you to use lower unique ids cause i've noticed similar problems with bigger ids (like console thinking they are devkit executables).

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you to use lower unique ids cause i've noticed similar problems with bigger ids (like console thinking they are devkit executables).
Trying againg with another ID. While converting, it said "deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly". Did I do something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1