Hacking [Release][v.1.5.1] Sky Army Knife - a Sky3DS Template Tool

Akane1412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there really no danger at all involved then? Say if for example, I'm playing a game but need to check gamefaqs for a walkthrough, is it safe to have internet on while the game is running on sky3ds to use the browser?
I'm only worried for stuff like pokemon shuffle daily check in or possible freebies I get from connecting online with games I actually own (like for example, Layton and daily puzzles) It's the only reason I don't want to get banned because otherwise it wouldn't even bother me...

Thank you for your time :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Offline games do not connect to the NN servers so it's believed that they do not cause bans or flags, the only bans recorded were a result of playing online games with public ID's.

Is it possible to convert the region of a Sky3DS save? I was playing Majora's Mask on my AUS n3DS XL but sold it today and got a US n3DS XL. I'll get a US rom but I don't want to start the game all over again.
It's possible, but I don't know the procedure, I never looked into it.

Akane1412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thank you! :D

Pays off to be antisocial lol :P I read a lot of info on this subject but while I basically only saw bans associated with online play (mostly pokemon) I also read many people saying there was no guarantee of safety even just beying offline and many advising to keep wifi off. Just wanted to be safe. Thank you for answering to all this and though I might not use it, thank you for making this awesome looking program :D

cheers!

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's how the cookie crumbles - we can only speculate about safety, we don't really know how the system works, only Nintendo does. Staying offline and off the grid is the safest option, but I think just sticking to offline games should be enough. Cheers! ;)

pepsikill2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hai ^^"

sorry to distrube you but i have a strange error when i tried the tool
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex ne peut pas être inférieur à zéro.
Nom du paramètre : startIndex
à System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
à SkyArmyKnife.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sky Army Knife
Version de l'assembly : 1.0.5562.22430
Version Win32 :
CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/pepsikill/Downloads/Jeu/262808-Sky%20Army%20Knife%20v.1.4.1.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Sorry is in french but for shorter he said the StartIndex can't be shorter than 0 and talk about .dll thing :/

The game is Inazuma eleven go chrono stone thunder

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that myself, all of the fields will be pulldown and free form in the next update. For now you can edit the. txt manually or use the existing options.

Aren't the last 2 bits some sort of checksum so I can't manually edit the template data without the tool?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aren't the last 2 bits some sort of checksum so I can't manually edit the template data without the tool?
It's the CRC16 of a part of the template structure itself, yes... It doesn't seem to be in use, I calculate it for accuracy.

Hai ^^"

sorry to distrube you but i have a strange error when i tried the tool
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex ne peut pas être inférieur à zéro.
Nom du paramètre : startIndex
à System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
à SkyArmyKnife.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Sky Army Knife
Version de l'assembly : 1.0.5562.22430
Version Win32 :
CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/pepsikill/Downloads/Jeu/262808-Sky%20Army%20Knife%20v.1.4.1.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Sorry is in french but for shorter he said the StartIndex can't be shorter than 0 and talk about .dll thing :/

The game is Inazuma eleven go chrono stone thunder
Version 1.4.1 should've fixed that problem, which version and template are you using?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's the problem - it's not in the template yet and I haven't coded an exception for that because I'm a lazy c*nt. XD Don't worry, it'll work, just wait for Sky's new template.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I have a specific question regarding public headers:

how can you test if the public header on sky3ds is set up correctly and works?

I tried dumping the sky3ds rom by gateway menu, but it gives an error.
I tried saving the rom with private header and reading it out again by swiss army knife, but it shows only FF for unique-ID and chip-ID.

it seems the header is not injected in the rom on the sky3ds card, but saved seperately on sky3ds

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is no way a template can be saved anywhere other than in the ROM itself, if anything, you patched the wrong template or didn't apply it to DiskWriter. Dump the game with Sky's DiskWriter software, open it with a hex editor and check the template it applied. The infos reader reads bins and 3dz's, not 3ds files.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Yes that is what I tried and what lead to my confusion, because I expected to read out the new values from the diskwriter dump...

I'm not sure if I found the reason, or if that is a bug, but something I noticed: when trying to edit Mario Kart 7 V1 "inD" release, ROM id "CTR-P-AMKP", there are two header entries in the sky3DS template.
I assume one is for the older release (v0) and one is for the newer release with an update already integrated (v1).

Now in Sky Army Knife, when I chose the template and Mario Kart 7 V1 ROM file, the base template would always show up as the second entry, SHA1: 6C6EE702CA9759982C42D3710AFE954356D98532
But even when unique-ID, EEPROM-ID and cart-ID are chosen exactly the same as the base template, it would output the SHA1 of the first template entry, SHA1: 87432C300866ACCBFFDF0062EA09AF24405C5E7C

Also I have a suggestion: could you change the read process so the EEPROM-id and cart-id are filled in by default with the template values?

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is an error I'm aware of - it results from checking Game Serials instead of SHA1 which I should be doing but didn't implement because I'm lazy, I'm intending to fix it. I suggest removing the template entry for version 0 to bypass the problem until I fix it, it's not a big deal, I just forgot about it. :P As for autofill, it's coming for sure along with free-form fields, it'll be a hefty update so it takes some time, please be patient. :P

Xive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The latest template file 0403 cannot be open in SAK. Already remove the 2 extra line in the beginning and still saying template file is invalid. Has anyone download the latest template file and manage to get it working?

EDIT: I tried to use back older template file and the latest working one after removing 2 extra line is 0401. No idea what did Sky3DS did to their template since 0402 onwards. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)