Hacking [Release][v.1.5.1] Sky Army Knife - a Sky3DS Template Tool

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this just means you're a magnificent lucky bastard, I suppose. Just to be sure though I'd dump the game from the Sky cart via DiskWriter and check if the ID is used by the game and you didn't mess up. HxD will help you find the data. If it does work then wow, talk about Las Vegas kind of luck, buy a lottery ticket or something cause you're on a roll. XD

So I assume you meant to backup the game using DiskWriter and then open the bkg file in HxD...well...I did, and there are a lot more strings in this than I expected, where do I scroll to to find what you want me to find?(Which what I assume to be the Cart ID and Unique ID)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I assume you meant to backup the game using DiskWriter and then open the bkg file in HxD...well...I did, and there are a lot more strings in this than I expected, where do I scroll to to find what you want me to find?(Which what I assume to be the Cart ID and Unique ID)
It's 0x1400 from the start of the ROM, but you can find it quicker by just using the search function, typing in the ID you picked and then setting it to search in Hex mode - chances are that you'll find it immediately.

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 0x1400 from the start of the ROM, but you can find it quicker by just using the search function and typing in the ID you picked and then setting it to search in Hex mode - chances are that you'll find it immediately.

EDIT: I copied the header(I'M ASSUMING ITS THE STRING RIGHT ABOVE THE 3 LINES OF FFs RIGHT? >_>)

and searched the entire line in HxD and it found it.

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm... Well f*ck me, congratulations? Save that ID man.

Thanks man, but really, your tool helped me one of the two IDs, and I'm going to use that one instead since its more random and seems more legit. So congrats to you for having the knowledge to make awesome things like this :yaynds:

Reactions: Foxi4

kaoz79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well not much of it but I hope your help this pregrama serves to create you a unique ID to my room so I understand now when I give in unique id creates random randomize my game now unknown id id give him appears to auto and me I guess the id of the game and the unique id is the id of my game so to speak now if I put a game online on other options that you will have to modify or if everything put in zero even so pus try to play online ? ?? sorry but I have many doubts and you help me a lot with this ... thanks in advance for your help
;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks man, but really, your tool helped me one of the two IDs, and I'm going to use that one instead since its more random and seems more legit. So congrats to you for having the knowledge to make awesome things like this :yaynds:
It's really no biggy, the randomizer just picks 32 numbers between 0 and F (hexadecimal numbers) and strings them together, there's no magic involved. I still find this unbelievable and I'd compare the ID to the one in the template base to be sure, but hey - you seem to have checked this a number of times so good luck on your future endeavours with near impossible odds. :rofl2:
well not much of it but I hope your help this pregrama serves to create you a unique ID to my room so I understand now when I give in unique id creates random randomize my game now unknown id id give him appears to auto and me I guess the id of the game and the unique id is the id of my game so to speak now if I put a game online on other options that you will have to modify or if everything put in zero even so pus try to play online ? ?? sorry but I have many doubts and you help me a lot with this ... thanks in advance for your help
;)
Read the chart in the OP, copy CartID and EEPROMID info from the base, randomize or type in a Unique ID, auto-detect the Unknown ID, generate a template, save it and use it in DiskWriter, it couldn't be easier. :D

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the chart in the OP, copy CartID and EEPROMID info from the base, randomize or type in a Unique ID, auto-detect the Unknown ID, generate a template, save it and use it in DiskWriter, it couldn't be easier. :D

I get the game card was removed after making a template for Cubic Ninja, have you seen that error before?

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the thread and find out, this question was already answered. ;) Seriously though, you need to delete the first two empty lines of the template in Notepad - for some reason Sky3DS put two empty lines in the beginning of their latest templates which throws SAK off as it can't check template magic. I'm thinking of adjusting the code to account for this, but who knows when they'll change that - they're not very tidy with their template files.

Can't you just wrap that detection in a conditional? if line == \n... foo this way it doesn't matter if Sky3DS changes the format.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mystery Bit for SSB CTR-P-AXCE in the latest template is 81 but there is no option in the pulldown menu for that and entering 0x81 or 81 in the field doesn't add it to the generated template. Am I reading the template wrong or using the tool wrong?

** : CTR-P-AXCE

SHA1: 0D0D06B31D72D2BB9A3C28A1E2D4E62B54CC5FBC

00 00 00 00 AE F8 81 90 62 26 13 00 C5 49 3A B6

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
jrebey 81? That's very odd, I've never seen a value like that there, it's not consistent with other templates. Sky3DS might've made a mistake here, but I'll add 0x81 in a quick fix.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jrebey 81? That's very odd, I've never seen a value like that there. Sky3DS might've made a mistake here, but I'll add 0x81 in a quick fix.

This is all from the 3/26 template uploaded yesterday.

Majora's Mask is 0x80 so maybe their format changed?

** : CTR-P-AJRE

SHA1: EFCF7D9DE62BDD85535F8FE03765C062DB293018

00 00 00 00 45 FA 80 90 C2 22 13 00 4E 78 B1 87

It might be a good idea to allow that field to be free-form (in addition to known values in a pulldown) since it's one of the current unknown's in the Sky3DS.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is all from the 3/26 template uploaded yesterday.

Majora's Mask is 0x80 so maybe their format changed?

** : CTR-P-AJRE

SHA1: EFCF7D9DE62BDD85535F8FE03765C062DB293018

00 00 00 00 45 FA 80 90 C2 22 13 00 4E 78 B1 87

It might be a good idea to allow that field to be free-form (in addition to known values in a pulldown) since it's one of the current unknown's in the Sky3DS.
I was thinking that myself, all of the fields will be pulldown and free form in the next update. For now you can edit the. txt manually or use the existing options.

D

Deleted User

Foxy4, you are awesome. Tried the randomize header for the first time and it works. Tried it in MK7 and POR.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxy4, you are awesome. Tried the randomize header for the first time and it works. Tried it in MK7 and POR.
That's really odd and it's beginning to worry me. Not that I'm a doom and gloom preacher or anything, I'm glad that you got your games working, I only hope that Nintendo's banning system only has a blacklist of public ID's, not a whitelist of existing and legal ID's. It's interesting how two of you got completely random ID's working, I wasn't expecting an essentially 100% success rate. I guess we'll see what happens.

Akane1412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

First of all I'm very sorry about my ignorance and probably dumb questions but I'm in the process of buying a sky3ds and I want to be ready when it arrives...

So my first question is about this program, it is built to create a unique header for games right?This would lower the risk of being banned by nintendo right?
I have no interest in playing any game online on the sky3ds, does that mean I can use this program to make a unique header using the zero fill in all possible options? Would this still require any extra info/input. It's funny that I have enough original 3ds games to probably give headers to my whole future rom list yet I have no way to dump them since I'm on 9.6 on a n3ds...

Thank you for the help and sorry for the possible facepalms this will get :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1