Hacking [RELEASE] UWUVCI + Injectiine

Luke_Flee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just noticed the v3.0.1 update!
Should I uninstall the previous version or can I just install the new one? As I don't have a good internet connection atm I'm hoping installing the update won't make me download all the baseroms again

EDIT:
I tried installing the update on top of the old version and everything worked out just fine! All my baseroms were still there after the update

Last edited by Luke_Flee,

Luke_Flee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah its possible to change it, its just like that in the list cause it was made when there was only teconmoon gow wii injects.

Should work with balanceboard
I just had the time to try this out and can confirm that everything went great! I used Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise (EU).
The balance board works perfectly

Luke_Flee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, it's me again:rolleyes:
I'm having trouble with Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Eu) (Rev 1).
The game runs smoothly and the gamepad works as a classic controller but, as soon as I exit the game, the console freezes and the only way I can turn it off is by pulling the plug.
I tried both Beat Rhythm Paradise and Xenoblade as baserom but to no avail. I've checked the compatibility list and this problem is not listed, any ideas?

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't install this. It gets stuck on "Downloading Tools - Please Wait" for ages... ?

(I have installed the .NET stuff, that's already running)

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats no issue anymore, v 3.0.3 fixed v 3.0.2 issues, just get the latest release

OK thanks, I've now installed and it seems to be running fine. I haven't injected any games with it yet but I'll give it a try tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Just one quick question: for GC injects, can UWUVCI set memory card size per-game (or globally)? Also, can it force progressive scan mode per-game (or globally)?

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK thanks, I've now installed and it seems to be running fine. I haven't injected any games with it yet but I'll give it a try tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Just one quick question: for GC injects, can UWUVCI set memory card size per-game (or globally)? Also, can it force progressive scan mode per-game (or globally)?
Using nintendont config tool you can set the global memcard size, i think progressive too but never really touched that again.
Last Window: Secret of Cape West has a 'close the DS' puzzle. Which base should I use?
I think that puzzle will be as far as the game will be playable sadly, except one extracts the save, puts it on a flashcard, finishes the level, and puts it on wiiu again

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that puzzle will be as far as the game will be playable sadly, except one extracts the save, puts it on a flashcard, finishes the level, and puts it on wiiu again
Let me rephrase that: I know that Phantom Hourglass has a neat feature where opening the VC menu or pressing the Home button puts the emulator into a 'sleep mode' state and wakes it up whe n you return to gameplay. This is to accommodate a similar puzzle in that game. In addition, the screen goes black every time you use either of those menu options, something that I haven't seen on any other official Wii U VC releases.
I have tried to build Last Window with PH as a base using Phacox's injector, but the resulting application does not load.

Edit: I just realized UWUVCI does accept arbitrary game bases, and tried using Phantom Hourglass (dumped using Dumpling, and it appears to work at first, but going to the home/VC menu freezes the game. (not the emulator, the game can be reset at that point).

Last edited by Nukatha,

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang on, I found something:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/phantom-hourglass-on-a-us-wii-u-need-to-close-the-lid.425940/
The configuration_cafe.json file has a segment:
"arguments": { "fold_on_pause": false, "fold_on_resume_fade_from_black_duration": 1000, "fold_on_pause_timeout": 3000 }
Or, that's how it looks in most games.
In Phantom Hourglass, that segment is
"arguments": { "fold_on_pause": true, "fold_on_resume_fade_from_black_duration": 1000, "fold_on_pause_timeout": 300 }

With that in mind, which DS VC game has the newest/most compatible version of the emulator? I'll just adjust the config file before injecting and hope for the best.

Also, are there any other items people recommend editing?
The first segment s just screen layouts, no reason to mess with those.
There are only two segments that I'd feel confident messing with:
"3DRendering": { "Bilinear": 0, "RenderScale": 1 },
Bilinear seems to be the thing you can trigger by clicking an analog stick, so not important, but "RenderScale": 2 is stated as dramatically improving 3D Games in a few other GBATemp threads.
Finally,
"Display": { "PixelArtUpscaler": 0, "Brightness": 80 },

I think Brightness:100 gets rid of the abysmal dark filter, and I've seen mixed results here regarding the PixelArtUpscaler.

I think the Spirit Tracks base is one of the newest. I'll try building Last Window over Spirit Tracks with RenderScale 2:, Brightness:100, and Fold on Pause matching Phantom Hourglass and will report results.

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep things consolidated here.
Using Spirit Tracks as the base, and attempting to inject Last Window:
Default settings work, no sleep mode on the VC menu.

If the settings are:
Code:
 "3DRendering": {
            "Bilinear": 0,
            "RenderScale": 2
        },
        "Display": {
            "PixelArtUpscaler": 0,
            "Brightness": 100
        },
        "arguments": {
            "fold_on_pause": true,
            "fold_on_resume_fade_from_black_duration": 1000,
            "fold_on_pause_timeout": 300
        }
This crashed on load.
If the settings are:
Code:
 "3DRendering": {
            "Bilinear": 0,
            "RenderScale": 1
        },
        "Display": {
            "PixelArtUpscaler": 0,
            "Brightness": 100
        },
        "arguments": {
            "fold_on_pause": true,
            "fold_on_resume_fade_from_black_duration": 1000,
            "fold_on_pause_timeout": 300
        }

It appears to work. I go to the VC menu and the screen blacks for one second (according to the setting above), meaning it did emulate the clamshell close. I'll update again at a later date when I get to the part with the puzzle.
EDIT: The clamshell puzzle worked flawlessly.
I don't think it would work in a game like Duck Amuck that relies on having the console closed while playing Audio cues, but as long as you have the config file set, Last Window is perfectly completable.
Shame that RenderScale:2 didn't work, but you can't win 'em all.

Granted, editing the json after injecting it into Loadliine format is trivial, but it would be wonderful if some of the above settings (RenderScale, PixelArt Upscaler, Brightness, and 'Fold on Pause' could be chosen within the injector.

Last edited by Nukatha,

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fired the program up this morning to make an inject and it just crashes on load. Not sure what's going wrong. Here's exactly what happened:

1 Opened UWUVCI
2 Selected GC Inject from the list of consoles on the left - nothing happened, the "Welcome to UWUVCI" screen stayed on
3 Tried selecting another console - nothing
4 Hit the "Settings" cog - the program crashed & closed itself

I then tried disabling the AV, but this didn't help. The above now happens each time I load UWUVCI.

EDIT:// Reinstalled, it seems to be working fine now.

Last edited by Willicious,

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The program hangs on "Injecting Game" with no progress.

Also, I'm trying to join the Discord server but the verification process isn't clear, it just links to an authentication website but there is nothing to actually do next.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The program hangs on "Injecting Game" with no progress.

Also, I'm trying to join the Discord server but the verification process isn't clear, it just links to an authentication website but there is nothing to actually do next.
if you read the message below, you can just ping me or a mod to get verified

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land