[Release] UWPStreamer - NTR Streaming with Input Redirection for Xbox One, Windows 10, Hololens

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by toolboc, Feb 9, 2017.

1. toolboc
    OP

toolboc Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    UWPStreamer

An NTR CFW streaming client targeting UWP (Xbox One, Hololens, Windows 10, and Windows Phone 10) and WPF (.NET v4.5.2)

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Video Streaming - Stream 3DS screens to remote device
    • Input Redirection - Control N3DS with Xbox Gamepad, Keyboard, and other input devices
    • Windows Game Bar Support - Allows for integrated features on Windows 10 Desktop including Screen Capture and DVR
    Instructions for Video Streaming:

Assumes you have installed NTR CFW on a New Nitnendo 3DS and you know how to get it up and running.
    1. Open NTR CFW. (Suggested to use Latest BootNTR and with latest NTR CFW)
    2. Make sure that you are connected to your Wi-Fi network and can find your 3DS's local IP address.
    3. Launch UWPStreamer, and insert your IP address in the settings screen, select options and click "Connect"
    NTR Input Redirection Support:

Allows controlling the N3DS with xbox gamepad, keyboard, and other input devices

1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of InputRedirectionNTR
    2. Start "InputProc NTR Stary" on your 3DS after launching NTR
    3. Connect gamepad to your Win10 Device using USB, Bluetooth, or dongle

Controls:

• To hide bottom menu use Right-Trigger or Right Mouse-Click (Allows more screen real-estate and block input from controller to menu)
    • Disable controller input to the game screen with Left-Trigger (Allows selecting the menu w/out input to game)
    • On Desktop push Xbox button or Win+G to launch Game Bar for DVR / Screenshots

Demos:
    HoloLens (early build)

Xbox One
    Windows Mobile

Source:
    UWPStreamer Github Repo

I love seeing people enjoying this work!
    If you have a cool pic or video please share, I am hoping to feature some of your demos in the project repository. Enjoy!!!

Download:
    Download from Windows Store
    (Xbox and HoloLens releases are available in the Store when searched for)

Precompiled WPF Executable
    (For users looking for OBS compatibility and /or to run on earlier editions of Windows)

Last edited by toolboc, Feb 13, 2017

2. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    Wow this looks really cool. Maybe I'll switch from kit-kat to this.

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    I downloaded this when you posted it over on Reddit, it's a really polished alternative to the other streaming clients. While I don't have an Xbox myself, it's really impressive that you've integrated the input redirection, so anyone with an Xbox One and a New 3DS can play their games right there on the Xbone. It's as if they've got some kind of slightly-reduced-framerate 3DS Virtual Console, now.

The only things it's missing for me are a couple of minor cosmetic options:
    • a full screen mode (on the Windows build, in my case); currently it doesn't seem to be possible to display without the title bar at the top and the start bar at the bottom. I think Windows apps can do this, right? Also, the settings bar at the bottom could be hidden unless the mouse/touch/etc. summons it so that the screen is completely empty but for the 3DS display.
    • more flexible screen layouts, e.g. side-by-side, individual screen scales, etc.
    But it's an impressive achievement, getting 3DS games onto a modern TV-based console. Great work.

4. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Look forward to trying this out with the built in Input Redirection, how is the Xbox Controller mapped? is it like A (X1) = A (3DS) or is it A (X1) = B (3DS) also is the right stick setup to be the D-Pad? since we have no C-Stick support its nice for that to be D-Pad so can still use camera functions in games that assign to D-Pad.

5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I wanna see this on hololense. Imagine being able to play your 3ds anywhere in the house. Wait a second...

6. toolboc
    OP

toolboc Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    You can hide the settings within the application by right-clicking or pressing 'RT' on the gamepad. It is possible to implement full screen using this API. In fact, if someone wants to submit a PR for it (it's super easy to do), I will happily incorporate it.

*edit I just added FullScreen in latest commit, submitting update to store now
    See: https://github.com/toolboc/UWPStreamer/commit/2e4755ed3eff76f002c1c2c43f5bdbb82405db30

Side-by-Side and individual screen display mode are supported by selecting 'Display' in the menu, in addition 'Rotation' allows to change screen orientation. Each time it is selected the screens rotate 90 degrees. Scaling would also be pretty easy to set up as it is a property of the screen elements in the UI code. Again, PR's happily accepted.

Last edited by toolboc, Feb 9, 2017
    RednaxelaNnamtra likes this.
  7. Alex119098

Alex119098 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    Deep Space
    I feel like it's just me, but this is far less choppier than when I was using kit kat. I always had problems with it white screening randomly, so this was a good alternative!

8. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Ah, thanks, that is nice.
    This doesn't seem to be working as intended for me, then. When I hit Display, it cycles through three settings: top-and-bottom (vertical), top only, and bottom only. No amount of hitting display results in a left-right, side-by-side, horizontal layout.

9. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    does this have universal controller support, or only xbox? I only have a gamecube controller and i'd like to use it with this.

10. Grantman20

Grantman20 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Littleroot Town
    So is it better than kit kat?

11. toolboc
    OP

toolboc Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    It uses Xinput behind the scenes so it may be possible with X360e. You would need to investigate this independently,
    See: http://www.x360ce.com/

12. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
  13. Ecko3351

Ecko3351 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    United States
    Now this is fucking awesome! I'm going to give it a shot now!

14. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    InputRedirection works great, thanks! FYI, you have to first start InputRedirection and THEN NTR - only this way around it worked for me.

Last edited by Brawl345, Feb 9, 2017
  15. toolboc
    OP

toolboc Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    Click 'Rotate'

Attached Files:

16. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    It works the same as kit-kat for me but it's nice to have some alternatives.

17. toolboc
    OP

toolboc Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    Ahhhh, side-by-side has not been implemented. Would consider if a PR is submitted or if there is enough support for this.

18. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    This is awesome. It works great on the Xbox One except A gets confused with the input for settings. Quality is really good.

19. toolboc
    OP

toolboc Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2006
    Per the instructions in the original post, press RT on the controller to disable the settings menu.

Consider that programmatically this is a chicken /egg problem. The controls need to be able to select the menu while also providing input to the game. To solve this, I allowed the user to control whether the menu is enabled with the RT trigger or mouse right-click. This also allows for a bit more screen real-estate.

Open to suggestions for improvement here.

20. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    We NEED a port of this on wiiu to have a full feel of the Super Game Bot.

Enviado desde mi SM-J111M mediante Tapatalk