ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS

holofonoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tried using this tool, but it fails to start, saying that "it's not a valid Win32 application". I think it seems to be related with corrupted files, as the download size is 6.6 MB, and the extracted .exe's size is 153MBs.
Does enybody else have this problem? I've downloaded it multiple times and I'm still getting this issue (your other injectors/forwarders work fine though)

Thanks in advance for your answer

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried using this tool, but it fails to start, saying that "it's not a valid Win32 application". I think it seems to be related with corrupted files, as the download size is 6.6 MB, and the extracted .exe's size is 153MBs.
Does enybody else have this problem? I've downloaded it multiple times and I'm still getting this issue (your other injectors/forwarders work fine though)

Thanks in advance for your answer
It's a compressed archive. The unpacked files are about 150 MB, it's correct.

To me this sounds like some system incompatibility issue. What OS are you using?
Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed? It's required for this tool, as said in the original post.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this tool on Dragon Warrior IV USA the game boots. I input my name and Chapter 1 prologue reads out. Then the game black screens. Is there a fix?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this tool on Dragon Warrior IV USA the game boots. I input my name and Chapter 1 prologue reads out. Then the game black screens. Is there a fix?
If the game doesn't work, is not compatible with VC, it has its limitations. Best to use emulator either for 3DS or NDS.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current version: 1.2 (08-11-2016)

Hello everyone. Today I'm releasing a Windows tool that will make the NES injection process much easier and customizable. I'm introducing Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS.

What does it do?:
It takes a NES backup file and converts it to an installable CIA for your 3DS with CFW. It does all in a one single program.

Features:
  • VC NES injection into a CIA
  • Easy made custom 3D banner
  • Easy made custom text/footer banner
  • Easy made screen size/aspect ratio configuration
  • Easy made whole process!

Requeriments: Microsoft .NET framework 4.5

Tutorial:
You'll just follow the steps in program. But just in case:

Step 1:

Open the program. You'll see this screen:
mH7hLnL.png

Press Open NES File button. It'll prompt you to pick a .nes file.
LWXHWDA.png

For this tutorial I'll pick the game Battle City.

When you pick a rom you'll be able to go to Step 2 (icon and name).

Step 2:
This is the Step 2 main screen:
4jRMcUE.png

All the fields are explained in the info boxes, but let me know if something doesn't understand.

Complete the fields making the most legit as possible (if you want to). For example:
KZDxJ05.png

I used a title screen screenshot in it's original size as icon (the program will automatically stretch it).

When you complete all the fields you'll able to go to Step 3 (3d banner).

Step 3:
This is the Step 3 main screen:
T1lL2M2.png

Note: The program will load some default values (based on those in Step 2), but you can anyway replace these default values with ohter ones.
Example: if you want the icon and 3D banner to have different images, then first complete Step 2 with the icon image that you want and then complete Step 3 with the banner image that you want. Otherwise if you are too lazy or you want the same standard as legit VC CIA, leave it as is.

For this example, I'll let the same banner image as the icon one, but I'll edit the bottom banner, importing a custom one I made with GIMP (using the import and use custom footer image option):

1zwuZmP.png

You can also make your own text banner without leaving the application, as a quick and easy solution. You can change the font type, size, and brightness. Also there's a preview of that text banner (ignore the red borders, they won't be there in the console).

Doing my changes for this example:

ygxdczG.png

When you complete or modify all the fields you'll able to go to Step 4 (VC parameters).

Step 4:
This is the Step 4 main screen:
beltxSC.png

Yaaay! A lot of options!

Buttons layout:

• Y = SELECT, X = B, L+R+Y = swap player1-player2
  • Y = nothing, X = VC menu
If the first one is checked, the VC will be able to controll player2 (swaping controllers, holding L+R+Y). Also, the Y button will acts as SELECT button, and X button will act as B button (perfect for Mario games)

If the second option is checked, there won't be any 2nd player control (holding L+R+Y will do nothing), and also, the X button will summon the VC touch menu.

I didn't do that button layouts, and I (you) can't customize as I (you) want, due to it's harcoded on the VC.

Disable dark filter: If this is checked, there won't be any ugly dark filter. You can preview the changes of this.

Game screen size:
It's just that, a screen size picker. You can preview the changes of this.

For this tutorial, I want full screen, dark filter disabled, and the first button layout.

oWQkZDG.png

Once we have everything ready, press Finish button.

That's it! The application will ask you where do you want to save the CIA file and It took some seconds to create it.
When the CIA is ready, the application will let you know it.

OargC6g.png

Then you can install the CIA in sdcard using any CIA manager (actually I use the new FBI).
(The tutorial's screenshot are from v1.0)

Console screenshots:
WqaPPf1.png
hT0S9sT.png
pohv7Q9.png
TODO, petitions, etc: For now I'll just read this thread and make changes acording to the best for all. The code will be released much later; I'm planing to do a series of VC injectors... If a new version comes, I'll post here and I'll edit the OP.

Download links:
v1.2: MEGA
v1.1: MEGA
v1.0: MEGA

Changelog:
v1.2:
* Fixed: Now the injections should be region-free (not tested).
* Fixed: Now the parental control won't be a trouble.
+ Added: Now you can choose 3 different types of 3D Banner, NES, Famicom and Famicom Disk System! (thanks to @cots)

Screenshot of Ice Climber inject with Famicom Disk System 3D banner:
1snWfN2.jpg

v1.1:

+ Added: more roms compatibility (still not even 99%)
+ Added: Game recognition. Most of official roms (non hacks/translated/HVC roms) now will be recognized and it'll auto-complete game name and publisher.
* More Stability[emoji769] (?)

v1.0: Initial release

Enjoy!

Is your ROM not working? Try this instead.

Can you convert Famicom Disk System games to CIA with this thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you convert Famicom Disk System games to CIA with this thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I believe its impossible to change disk sides which makes FDS games unplayable, try retroarch emulates nes including FDS games very well.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
There is FDS game on the eshop already, so injection isn't totally out of the question.

ah which FDS is on eshop ?

I think its a shame there isn't more 2p nes games like river city ransom, I thought it might be possible to use the emulator for river city with other 2p games, but no one has tried or succeeded.
I onlyknow River city ransom being the only 2p game on the VC

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah which FDS is on eshop ?

I think its a shame there isn't more 2p nes games like river city ransom, I thought it might be possible to use the emulator for river city with other 2p games, but no one has tried or succeeded.
I onlyknow River city ransom being the only 2p game on the VC
Super mario bros, the lost levels (AKA SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 A FDS Exclusive game) Mysterious Murasame Castle as well. Both on USA, JAP, and EUR eshop. So they do exist, just that the program the OP made doesn't have input for them.

I suggest perhaps you obtain a cia of the file and extract it and probe it for info, try replacing one with a FDS game of choice at lease? :unsure:

By the way, there is plenty of two player games on eshop, Contra, Super C, Super mario bros 1 and 3, Double Dragon, Renegade etc.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Super mario bros, the lost levels (AKA SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 A FDS Exclusive game) Mysterious Murasame Castle as well. Both on USA, JAP, and EUR eshop. So they do exist, just that the program the OP made doesn't have input for them.

I suggest perhaps you obtain a cia of the file and extract it and probe it for info, try replacing one with a FDS game of choice at lease? :unsure:

By the way, there is plenty of two player games on eshop, Contra, Super C, Super mario bros 1 and 3, Double Dragon, Renegade etc.

thanks.
I guess I'll have to get them on the eshop then, its a shame we cant use the injector to make all the unavailable games multiplayer as well and a shame I have no knowledge about emulators and fixing programs.

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a RetroArch version of this? There are some games that do not run correctly on Nintendo's VC, for instance Young Indiana Jones Adventures (NES), has a screen shake, in fact most emulators could not run it properly until a few years ago. On first stage its a constant shake, on 2nd stage its wild screen shakes, and there are graphical glitches throughout. You can see the issue described here - https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Tricky-to-emulate_games

The issue was resolved in Nestopia in 2011.

Last edited by Chrushev,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey