ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i'm using beta 27 of NSUI but can't seem to create any CIA. No sleep patch or hard reset enabled. I'm still using Windows 7.
Mgi0NMk.jpg
Wrong thread.

bungiefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did the files created with tool have any region?i mean, usa, eur, jpn.........i don't want to be banned by playing a GBA game thourgh a cia instead of using an emulator

Since you need CFW to install CIAs, and CFW removes the region lock, all CIAs are essentially region-free, and all homebrew ones are. The region lock comes from physical cartridge identification and from the eShop determining which titles you can download to install. Anything unofficial is by definition region-free, because why would we code a region into homebrew?

Reactions: PrincessLillie
D

Deleted User

>.NET 4.5
This is a problem.Windows XP/2003 does not support it.So does Linux and other non-Monopo$oft OSes.
I hope you could:
1.Publish the full source code
and/or
2.Develop a stand-alone command-line version.
Thanks.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>.NET 4.5
This is a problem.Windows XP/2003 does not support it.So does Linux and other non-Monopo$oft OSes.
I hope you could:
1.Publish the full source code
and/or
2.Develop a stand-alone command-line version.
Thanks.
XP is honestly dead at this point. It's not worth supporting it, especially when you know that XP is old enough to drive a car, age-wise, not functionality-wise. And it's reaching drinking age in a few years.

D

Deleted User

XP is honestly dead at this point. It's not worth supporting it, especially when you know that XP is old enough to drive a car, age-wise, not functionality-wise. And it's reaching drinking age in a few years.
But XP is a sane OS.You know the problems with 10,and all those privacy-invasion updates are backported to 7.
Sometimes the latest is not the greatest.Especially true for "large" programs.
Plus if you develop a program for XP,it will run on 7,8,8.1 and 10.
If you develop a program for Windows 3.x,it will run on every version of Windows after that.
If you develop a program for MS-DOS,it will run on every 32-bit version of Windows.

Last edited by ,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you develop a program for Windows 3.x,it will run on every version of Windows after that.
If you develop a program for MS-DOS,it will run on every 32-bit version of Windows.
Unfortunately, this is not necessarily true. There are a lot of programs designed to work on older operating systems which, due to the different versions of Windows doing certain things differently, do not function on newer versions. This is why "compatibility mode" exists in newer versions of Windows, and while it helps, it's still not perfect.

Also, I hope you enjoy never being able to upgrade your hardware again, because hardware developers have stopped writing drivers for WinXP and older.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But XP is a sane OS.You know the problems with 10,and all those privacy-invasion updates are backported to 7.
Sometimes the latest is not the greatest.Especially true for "large" programs.
This isn't true. The privacy invasion updates aren't backported to 7 and Microsoft allowed people to disable the things that cause the privacy issues in the newest 10 update.
Also, there are still many older programs, especially games, made for XP that either run slowly or don't work at all.
Apps for Windows 3.x are also 16-bit like DOS apps so they only work on up to the 32-bit versions of Windows and it's a pain in the ass to set it up on Windows 8.1 and 10. Many programs made for 3.1 and DOS don't even work properly with this enabled.
While some of these issues can be mitigated with the compatibility more even then some just don't work, and while fan patches have been made for some even older games (take Sonic CD 1996 for example which runs too fast otherwise) others still have major issues running on newer versions and this applies to programs made for XP and not for anything newer.
Also, it's been proven that despite the higher requirements Windows 7-10 can pretty easily outperform XP, especially when it comes to something like gaming, and XP has trouble supporting high resolution displays as the DPI option barely even works. Microsoft also doesn't make updates anymore, and everybody knows antivirus programs aren't perfect.
XP also lacks many features that developers have used in newer versions of Windows and overall using XP in 2018 doesn't make sense.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This isn't true. The privacy invasion updates aren't backported to 7 and Microsoft allowed people to disable the things that cause the privacy issues in the newest 10 update.
Also, there are still many older programs, especially games, made for XP that either run slowly or don't work at all.
Apps for Windows 3.x are also 16-bit like DOS apps so they only work on up to the 32-bit versions of Windows and it's a pain in the ass to set it up on Windows 8.1 and 10. Many programs made for 3.1 and DOS don't even work properly with this enabled.
While some of these issues can be mitigated with the compatibility more even then some just don't work, and while fan patches have been made for some even older games (take Sonic CD 1996 for example which runs too fast otherwise) others still have major issues running on newer versions and this applies to programs made for XP and not for anything newer.
Also, it's been proven that despite the higher requirements Windows 7-10 can pretty easily outperform XP, especially when it comes to something like gaming, and XP has trouble supporting high resolution displays as the DPI option barely even works. Microsoft also doesn't make updates anymore, and everybody knows antivirus programs aren't perfect.
XP also lacks many features that developers have used in newer versions of Windows and overall using XP in 2018 doesn't make sense.
Okay, can we please get back on-topic? You sort of derailed this thread.

Reactions: FateForWindows
D

Deleted User

Unfortunately, this is not necessarily true. There are a lot of programs designed to work on older operating systems which, due to the different versions of Windows doing certain things differently, do not function on newer versions. This is why "compatibility mode" exists in newer versions of Windows, and while it helps, it's still not perfect.

Also, I hope you enjoy never being able to upgrade your hardware again, because hardware developers have stopped writing drivers for WinXP and older.
That's why it is important to do a command-line version.I bet that .NET is only used for its GUI.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why it is important to do a command-line version.I bet that .NET is only used for its GUI.
Even command-line apps still have problems. Also, errors seem to show that the program does use .NET functions within the program which would require heavy reworking and it wouldn't be worth it just for one person running a 17-year-old version of Windows. Also considering the fact that this isn't a one-button task (it requires that the user do a lot before they make the CIA) it would be VERY complicated to use a command line for this.

Also, maybe you should start a new thread explaining in detail why you prefer XP over its upgrades.

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i Load a gba rom and it says that it cant find the save file type how do i know which one to pick? Does it matter?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i Load a gba rom and it says that it cant find the save file type how do i know which one to pick? Does it matter?

If you choose the wrong one, the game's built-in save feature won't work. What game are you trying to inject?

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you choose the wrong one, the game's built-in save feature won't work. What game are you trying to inject?

i had a bunch on my acekard from my old ds lite i was trying to install....
army men operation green
army men advance
elf bowling 1 and 2
fire emblem the sacred stones
jurassice park 3 park builder
lego knights kingdom
star wars jedi power battles
star wars new droid army
star wars episode 2 attack of the clones
the land before time
pokemon fire red (this one the program picked the save type)

edit: also i was just playing crash bandicoot the huge adventure and saved but my file wasnt there the app also chose this save type

Last edited by kasek,
D

Deleted User

I believe that to make the program to compile against .NET 2.0/3.5/4.0 or 4.5 is just an option away as there are no huge differences between 4.0 and 4.5.
However, if he insist, at least he should publish the source code so you could compile it by hand.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a bunch on my acekard from my old ds lite i was trying to install....
army men operation green
army men advance
elf bowling 1 and 2
fire emblem the sacred stones
jurassice park 3 park builder
lego knights kingdom
star wars jedi power battles
star wars new droid army
star wars episode 2 attack of the clones
the land before time
pokemon fire red (this one the program picked the save type)

edit: also i was just playing crash bandicoot the huge adventure and saved but my file wasnt there the app also chose this save type
You're using NSUI, right? If so, check this list: http://offlinelistgba.free.fr/

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock