ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KomasterXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
okay, got it.

Edit: I noticed that the games appear to be "Stretched", and are not in their native resolution. Anyway to tweak that?

Last edited by KomasterXX,

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make a Pokemon Emerald inject, but whenever I click "Finish," I get "Unhandled exception: could not find file." If I look at details, it seems not to be finding rom_patched.gba in my temp directory, and if I look there, sure enough, it isn't there, though rom.gba is. Is this a known issue/am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: Riku358

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make a Pokemon Emerald inject, but whenever I click "Finish," I get "Unhandled exception: could not find file." If I look at details, it seems not to be finding rom_patched.gba in my temp directory, and if I look there, sure enough, it isn't there, though rom.gba is. Is this a known issue/am I doing something wrong?

Would also like to know about this^

Trying to inject Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter but it's not working, I tried keeping it as Flash 512k, but then it doesn't save, if I try to change to the SRAM option or check the SRAM patch this message pops up.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out the issue, GBA Pokemon games need a special SRAM patch applied to them before you inject them (so you're not supposed to check SRAM patch in the injector). Here's something else I'd like to know, though: what settings do I use to get the banner text to display like other 3DS titles? The default option uses a different font and goes out of the box.

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out the issue, GBA Pokemon games need a special SRAM patch applied to them before you inject them (so you're not supposed to check SRAM patch in the injector). Here's something else I'd like to know, though: what settings do I use to get the banner text to display like other 3DS titles? The default option uses a different font and goes out of the box.

Sweet, tried this and it worked, thanks!

And the fonts were either Arial or Times New Roman I'm not sure, but if the title is going outside the box just slightly with Verdana it shouldn't with those

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, the game saves now but gets deleted if I open it again.

All this is making my head spin so I think I'll just try a bunch of methods on the weekend and see what works.

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure, I haven't tried any hacks yet. About the fonts, though, it's not just slightly going out of the box, half of the text is entirely offscreen. I just want to know what to do to make it look exactly like the system titles.

JJ_Bigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Is it possible to inject saves from another source (VBA/-M) onto a custom made GBA CIA? The reason I ask is that I currently have A Link to the Past installed on my 3DS using this tool (o3DS), but whenever I try to inject my own save from VBA it does nothing (my previous save is still on the system). Anyone know what the issue might be? Both saves are exactly the same size (down to the last byte), yet the save won't work. Additionally, my dumped saves don't work on VBA. Any help?

Edit: Ok so save inject doesn't seem to work at all. I can't inject or dump any saves from games made using this tool. Is this a known issue?

Last edited by JJ_Bigaboo,
Reactions: mathew87

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure, I haven't tried any hacks yet. About the fonts, though, it's not just slightly going out of the box, half of the text is entirely offscreen. I just want to know what to do to make it look exactly like the system titles.

weird, what game is it? If it's a long title you could just make it shorter.

Is it possible to inject saves from another source (VBA/-M) onto a custom made GBA CIA? The reason I ask is that I currently have A Link to the Past installed on my 3DS using this tool (o3DS), but whenever I try to inject my own save from VBA it does nothing (my previous save is still on the system). Anyone know what the issue might be? Both saves are exactly the same size (down to the last byte), yet the save won't work. Additionally, my dumped saves don't work on VBA. Any help?

Edit: Ok so save inject doesn't seem to work at all. I can't inject or dump any saves from games made using this tool. Is this a known issue?

I believe you have to use decrypt9 to extract/inject gba saves

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I got it to work! I checked the option at step 4 for applying an ips patch and chose the save fix patch for fire red, and it worked! It also somehow applied the sleep mode patch even though I didn't check it, ohhh man I feel good right now. XD

Now to remove the save error message and it's golden. How can we do that for Fire Red/Leaf Green though? In that topic there's only fixes for ruby, sapphire and emerald.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible, but you'd have to figure out where the offsets are yourself. For whatever reason, nobody else has decided to.

Also, regarding the font; I may not have made this clear, but I want the font to be the exact same one that the 3DS uses for the banner text. Is this possible/what font is it?

Last edited by Kurausukun,

Flystar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible, but you'd have to figure out where the offsets are yourself. For whatever reason, nobody else has decided to.

Also, regarding the font; I may not have made this clear, but I want the font to be the exact same one that the 3DS uses for the banner text. Is this possible/what font is it?
If you want to make them look official, follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-official-looking-virtual-console-injects.437592/
It's not the EXACT font, but it's extremely close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!