ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
One question though: when I try to use the GBA SRAM (not IPS) patching from Step 4 (1.3d), it gives me an error and fails to create the SRAM patched CIA.

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver le fichier 'C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\201608201650205285\rom_patched.gba'.
Nom de fichier : 'C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\201608201650205285\rom_patched.gba'
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
à Ultimate_GBA_VC_Injector_for_3DS.frmMain.btnNextStep_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS
Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/VC3DS%20(new)/Ultimate%20GBA%20VC%20Injector%20for%203DS%201.1/Ultimate%20GBA%20VC%20Injector%20for%203DS.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Last edited by CatmanFan,
Reactions: verifyvenuz

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sonic Angel Knight
Those patch files you erased is what adds wireless support.

Also yes vc nes does not support MMC5 for some reason.
I don't have any proof of that, do you? I had tested it with the patch files, and still didn't work. So if it is possible to modify the file to get it to work is what you telling me?

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch file is made specificly for smb3 and only Smb3, smb3mix is vastly different from the original game so the patch patches the wrong parts of the game. I know its the patch that adds wireless support because of when I messed with the pokemon games and sonic 2.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read before (in this topic I believe) that the icons were a bit "zoomed" and that the injector was not doing that properly.
Was it fixed or the zoom has not been "understood" yet, @Asdolo ?

Reactions: Diego788

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch file is made specificly for smb3 and only Smb3, smb3mix is vastly different from the original game so the patch patches the wrong parts of the game. I know its the patch that adds wireless support because of when I messed with the pokemon games and sonic 2.
So if what you are saying is correct, each game that supports multiplayer has been patched to do so with a file specific to each game? Then perhaps is no easy task to do so with injections.

akamikey

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for this! now i don't have to request and wait i can make my own roms!!!!!!!! are you going to make one for the SNES VC anytime soon????

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo, is there any way to get "&" working in the banner text title? I'm trying to get this to work for Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga and noticed it does appear in other Mario & Luigi titles that I have on my 3ds but it won't appear using your tool.

Edit: Thought about it and typing "&&" in the title text fixed it.

Last edited by TarkinMX,
Reactions: Diego788

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At the third step where I try and create the VC banner. I took a screenshot using VBA and it still shows a zoomed in top left corner for the image and the name of the VC game. Am I right in thinking that I can't just use any old image and I have to actually resize the image before I import the image?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the third step where I try and create the VC banner. I took a screenshot using VBA and it still shows a zoomed in top left corner for the image and the name of the VC game. Am I right in thinking that I can't just use any old image and I have to actually resize the image before I import the image?
Do you have DPI scaling enabled in windows? (IE, zoom in for high resolution windows)

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have DPI scaling enabled in windows? (IE, zoom in for high resolution windows)
Aaah, turns out my monitor was set at 125% zoom. Dialed it back down to 100% and it's working now.

By the way, does anyone know why Super Mario Advance gives me the "save data is corrupted" message? That's a game I would like to revisit.

Last edited by Harsky,

Laserschwert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know if this is possible, but would you be able to implement the feature of allowing to pick a background music for a rom? I mean when the home menu's cursor is put on one of the titles (not launching it yet) and the banner is showing. This is in regards to all your injectors.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I'm trying to make a GBA inject, however, when compiling the cia, the program throws and unhandled exception that it can't load the "rom_patched.gba" file in the local temp directory.

Is it permission issues with the program?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Do you have problems applying SRAM patch with other roms also? Try turning off your antivirus.

Haven't tried, as this is my first attempt at making a custom GBA inject.

Would applying the SRAM patch 3 times with GBAta would work?

I will try once more by giving admin privileges to the program.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Patching multiple times with GBAta didn't work either.

However, it worked with another game I did.

I guess I'll do each game separately. Just wanted both games in one cia for commodity, but it's no big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol