ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Last edited by Asdolo,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo Turns out you are right indeed, the way you're handling it right now is as good as it gets, editing any more digits causes issues on the n3DS apparently.

The best idea would be to include a DB in there of all official 4 digit titleIDs though and just exclude them from the randomizer. (but not from the field entirely, just don't let them show up at random)

Reactions: Asdolo

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
@Asdolo Turns out you are right indeed, the way you're handling it right now is as good as it gets, editing any more digits causes issues on the n3DS apparently.

The best idea would be to include a DB in there of all official 4 digit titleIDs though and just exclude them from the randomizer. (but not from the field entirely, just don't let them show up at random)
Even with 4 digits, we have 16^4 = 65536 different Title IDs.
But more than one time I got an official eShop Title ID, so I'll try to include a DB. Besides, that DB won't obviously include Homebrew or Custom CIAS :(

FBI Installer should warn you if the CIA you want to install already exists (in terms of Title ID).

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with 4 digits, we have 16^4 = 65536 different Title IDs.
But more than one time I got an official eShop Title ID, so I'll try to include a DB. Besides, that DB won't obviously include Homebrew or Custom CIAS :(

FBI Installer should warn you if the CIA you want to install already exists (in terms of Title ID).
If it'd help, I could go around and try to find a bunch of homebrew TiDS to also exclude from the randomizer and post them here in a spoiler tag for ya. ^_^

Edit: Actually, here's all the homebrew title IDs already compiled, you're only concered with the ones that actually use 4 digits so not all of them are useful to you, but it looks like most homebrews are here:

http://titledb.com/

Last edited by CheatFreak47, , Reason: edit found a DB

HoloryTV

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys, I heard that I need to patch the pokemon games before make it as CIA ?
Can you tell me what I need to do exactly ?
Thanks in advance !

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just edited the ids manually for now. going with something simple like A001 A002 etc, there really shouldn't ever be issues with anything official.

also, i noticed that random games seem to be using for example the X button? in sonic battle, it mirrors the B button.

finally, super monkey ball jr doesn't seem to save, mario advance 4 doesn't start due to save reasons either. damn these save types

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i just edited the ids manually for now. going with something simple like A001 A002 etc, there really shouldn't ever be issues with anything official.

also, i noticed that random games seem to be using for example the X button? in sonic battle, it mirrors the B button.

finally, super monkey ball jr doesn't seem to save, mario advance 4 doesn't start due to save reasons either. damn these save types
B is mapped on both B and X. It's a feature of AGB_FIRM. This way you can use B-A or X-A, which has the same orientation of Y-B on a SNES controller.
Regarding SMB3 save, I found this on a thread on that iso site
*** For the e-Reader levels to function properly, you need to boot the game once, and when you see the world map shaking, shut down your system and reboot the game. You might see a "Save data corrupted error" when booting, but the game should work as intended, as long as you keep using "File 1". There have been reports that the "Save & Quit" function might lead to data corruption, so I recommend you save at castles instead. Special thanks to skmpowdjy for the info.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
B is mapped on both B and X. It's a feature of AGB_FIRM. This way you can use B-A or X-A, which has the same orientation of Y-B on a SNES controller.
Regarding SMB3 save, I found this on a thread on that iso site

i'm even using the wii u release with the e-reader levels... and while that sounds like a plan, the game starts with save data corrupted error and never gets past it. so i cant do that

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
could you also make an easier way to import saves like the save injecteor for gba vc is not that good and its in python could you make a exe save injector for gba vc

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo So far the only trouble I'm having is getting games that need SRAM patched to save properly.

With the older tools like GBAFooterGenerator, it was possible to set Save Chip Manufacuter AND Save Type
and setting both correctly would allow games that have been SRAM patched to work properly. So you'd use GBATool to SRAM patch the rom, load it into footer generator as set Save Type to SRAM and Save Chip Manufacturer to EEPROM. (Weird I Know, but that's what you have to do to get it to work)

Then someone discovered there's some sort of blur toggle in that footer generator and now there's a footer generator that replaces Save Chip Manufacturer with Ghosting settings. Did nintendo put these two settings on the same byte or something? I'm very confused about this.

If there's anything I can do to help fix this, let me know.

For reference Asdolo, the easiest game you could use to figure this issue out is Super Mario Advance, it freezes saying "Save Data is Corrupt" on startup when it's not working. It needs to be SRAM patched by GBAtool to work and it seems like nothing I do in your injector, no combination of settings allows it to work, unfortunately. :/

With some experimentation and help from 3dbrew and hex editing I managed to create a footer for Super Mario Advance that removes the blur, is bright and colorful as it should be, AND works with the SRAM patch.

https://u.teknik.io/MHYrU.ftr

Hope this helps some with figuring out the footer stuff further
another good option would be allowing your own footer to be inserted but that's kind of dodging the issue.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo So far the only trouble I'm having is getting games that need SRAM patched to save properly.

With the older tools like GBAFooterGenerator, it was possible to set Save Chip Manufacuter AND Save Type
and setting both correctly would allow games that have been SRAM patched to work properly. So you'd use GBATool to SRAM patch the rom, load it into footer generator as set Save Type to SRAM and Save Chip Manufacturer to EEPROM. (Weird I Know, but that's what you have to do to get it to work)

Then someone discovered there's some sort of blur toggle in that footer generator and now there's a footer generator that replaces Save Chip Manufacturer with Ghosting settings. Did nintendo put these two settings on the same byte or something? I'm very confused about this.

If there's anything I can do to help fix this, let me know.

For reference Asdolo, the easiest game you could use to figure this issue out is Super Mario Advance, it freezes saying "Save Data is Corrupt" on startup when it's not working. It needs to be SRAM patched by GBAtool to work and it seems like nothing I do in your injector, no combination of settings allows it to work, unfortunately. :/

With some experimentation and help from 3dbrew and hex editing I managed to create a footer for Super Mario Advance that removes the blur, is bright and colorful as it should be, AND works with the SRAM patch.

https://u.teknik.io/MHYrU.ftr

Hope this helps some with figuring out the footer stuff further
Umm not to butt in but i did make a observation on this. :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/explanation-about-gba-injection-save-data.437862/

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
New version 1.2!

What's new:
+ Added: More rom compatibility (it fills with zeros the rom until it has a common size, i.e. 4MB, 8MB, etc). This may improve patched roms rompatibility.
+ Added: Now the random Title ID's won't match an eShop app Title ID.
* Changed: Now it generates a new Title ID every time you pick a gba rom.
* Fixed Issues with 32 bits OS (A.K.A. 'Could not find code.bin' error).

Links in the OP!

Last edited by Asdolo,
Reactions: CeeDee

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a pretty strange problem...
After creating and installing a few CIAs with your injector, NONE of my GBA CIAs (including those made with a different injector) work. They just give a black screen. I'm certain I haven't done anything to AGB_FIRM in the meantime that would have caused the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...